NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -1 ) at Boston ( 1 ) —- T: 215
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 8.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -8.5 ) —- T: 223

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Grant and lou will vs timelord and lowry? Already have fvv, i know nurse will run those starters into the ground again, i suppose i could look at siakam as well.

• miggs6876

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Grant and lou will vs timelord and lowry? Already have fvv, i know nurse will run those starters into the ground again, i suppose i could look at siakam as well.

Sounds about right. Maybe low owned OG. Harrell can pair nice with Lou. Murray way too expensive. Plenty of money to pay up for Klaw. Jokic by far best Center but expensive. Maybe its a PG get right game in a less competitive game?

• jessedio

Dallas postseasn vs Clippers 110, 127, 122, 135, 111, 97

Where is this great Clippers defense they always talk about? Mavs were balling against them and Luka put up 42,28,34,43,22, 38 against the great Clippers..lol

Seems like their defense is overrated. Pat Bev sucks too. Like Westbrook said, he has you fooled. Don’t think the Nuggets are going to be pushovers like everyone thinks.

*Full disclosure- Biased Denver Fan

• WillyWongka

@jessedio said...

hahaha, YES! – Fellow Biased Denver Fan

• emnj69

@jessedio said...

Where is this great Clippers defense they always talk about? Mavs were balling against them and Luka put up 42,28,34,43,22, 38 against the great Clippers..lol

Seems like their defense is overrated. Pat Bev sucks too. Like Westbrook said, he has you fooled. Don’t think the Nuggets are going to be pushovers like everyone thinks.

the Mavs balled against everybody -it was impressive they did well without KP though but they have statistically a phenomenal offense-even though it sounds silly stat wise it is one of the best every as far as offensive rating

Where I think Denver has the advantage is with Joker and he is the guy the clips should be most worried about.

• Brendan239

Wow, SF and PF on FD is gross today. Looks like oddball stacks (Murray/Morris, Tatum/Theis, Grant/Porter) will be the way to differentiate a little. I’m finding myself landing on Craig and Harris a lot, which means everyone else will. Think I might have to adjust. Kinda like PG13/Kawhi combo today but Lou has done damage to Denver in the past so gonna have to put him in a few at PG.

• WillyWongka

@emnj69 said...

the Mavs balled against everybody -it was impressive they did well without KP though but they have statistically a phenomenal offense-even though it sounds silly stat wise it is one of the best every as far as offensive rating

Where I think Denver has the advantage is with Joker and he is the guy the clips should be most worried about.

You would think Zubac gets a fair amount of run tonight

• emnj69

@WillyWongka said...

You would think Zubac gets a fair amount of run tonight

for me the slate comes down to zubac and harrell but the good thing is easy to swap one of the other- Zubac should get u 25 points-if Harrell ever gets his minutes he can get u 30-40

• Brendan239

I’m only doing 5 FD LUs but I’m 100% fading Murray and Brown

• miggs6876

@jessedio said...

Clippers defense will step it up especially with Pat Bev back. Imho, his D is overrated but he brings passion and energy to the rest of the team.

Denver has a nice team but no way can they beat the Clippers in a 7 game serious. They have Murray and Jokic and after that it’s a dramatic drop off.

Lastly, the Mavs were a very good offensive team with the best rising star in the NBA, a 7 footer with huge upside and skill, and more than adequate shooters.

Enjoy the ride it should be over in 5.

• miggs6876

@Brendan239 said...

Wow, SF and PF on FD is gross today. Looks like oddball stacks (Murray/Morris, Tatum/Theis, Grant/Porter) will be the way to differentiate a little. I’m finding myself landing on Craig and Harris a lot, which means everyone else will. Think I might have to adjust. Kinda like PG13/Kawhi combo today but Lou has done damage to Denver in the past so gonna have to put him in a few at PG.

Why Harris? He’s barely getting into playing shape and he’s always been an offensive liability. Are you counting on 4 or 5 steals?

• P0key

Going to some shares of Normal Powell asa pivot off Marcus Smartt..

• bazerko

Steve Nash has signed a four year deal to coach the Nets.

• bazerko

I don’t know if Zubac is athletic enough to defend Jokic out at the 3pt line.

• NDNole

Brown is always a headscratcher for me. When I dont play him sometimes he goes off but when I play him he doesnt. And even when I play him and he does well, he will score like 28 real points but no peripherals.

• jessedio

@miggs6876 said...

Clippers defense will step it up especially with Pat Bev back. Imho, his D is overrated but he brings passion and energy to the rest of the team.

Denver has a nice team but no way can they beat the Clippers in a 7 game serious. They have Murray and Jokic and after that it’s a dramatic drop off.

Lastly, the Mavs were a very good offensive team with the best rising star in the NBA, a 7 footer with huge upside and skill, and more than adequate shooters.

Enjoy the ride it should be over in 5.

The series should be competitive.

Besides Kawai the clippers are just above average. It’s just that Kawai is so elite he’s able to save them.

• Brendan239

FanDuel LU Q: OG with $0 left over or Grant with $500 left?

• dominicanpapi

Don’t really look a lot into past games, but regarding the Nuggets/Clippers:

- Aside from Kawhi and George, Lou did very well. As did Harrell.

- Zubac averaged 20 minutes a game in all 3 games, the 1 game he played the most minutes was the game Harrell missed.

- Grant played well in all 3 games, as did Jokic.

On FD, I think you can create a Clippers stack and possibly run it back with maybe a Porter or Grant. Murray is 9K, Jokic is 9800….these are steep prices especially for Murray when Lowry can get you 40 at a cheaper price.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Going right back to my boy, anyone have thoughts on theis, og, grant? Sort of nice group of fowards in the upper 4k, lower 5k range.

• NDNole

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Going right back to my boy, anyone have thoughts on theis, og, grant? Sort of nice group of fowards in the upper 4k, lower 5k range.

Im taking a shot with grant.

• mightycaseystruckout

Going OG just due to consistency. He’s averaging 25.5 FD points/game in the playoffs, not dipping below 21 in any game so far. He played 38 minutes on Tuesday, and with the Raps in an 0-2 hole, I look for similar minutes tonight. Surprisingly, he didn’t have any blocks last game, which we’ve been accustomed to seeing in the playoffs.

I’ll take OG’s steady 25-30 points at his price.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@NDNole said...

Im taking a shot with grant.

Intially i put grant in, he is gonna carry more ownership then i like, he could hit all his shots, mins will be there for sure.

• WillyWongka

I’m thinking Grant’s size and defense will be needed in this series to attempt matching up with either PG13 or Kawhi. His minutes should be safe barring foul trouble or simply sucking it up.

• NDNole

I have a feeling porter may be needed for offense. Or get run if they are blown out. Either way I think he might get 30ish but im hesitant to risk it. Who else is on porter?

• sneaksox

@NDNole said...

I have a feeling porter may be needed for offense. Or get run if they are blown out. Either way I think he might get 30ish but im hesitant to risk it. Who else is on porter?

I like MPJ a lot tonight in GPPs. As stated previously, Denver was basically Murray/Jok in the Utah series and they will need a third offensive threat in this series. Utah was able to contain MPJ as a starter but he played well off the bench in game 7, including some solid defensive plays and aggressive rebounding (yes I said it). They will also need his size on the glass against Kawaii/PG (same with Grant) so if you do want to play MPJ, tonight is the night IMO bc he’ll be lower owned than the other Denver studs with the possibility of a higher ceiling.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).