NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5 ) —- T: 217.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@klf_is_gonna_rock_ya said...

Rondo went first overall?

Yes

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

I never get people not paying attention or setting up a queue

That is the advantage you play in enough of them. I did one on Monday where Haslem went with the 5th pick.

• bazerko

Is there cash prizes for these snake drafts?

• tmarohl

@bazerko said...

Is there cash prizes for these snake drafts?

Yes, they are typically three man drafts on FD for NBA. You enter, and when there are three entry’s, usually a few minutes later, you get a notification and you draft. You are assigned randomly the first, second or third pick. It’s winner take all. They have them for $5, $10, $25, $50, $109, $270, entry fees. Just go to NBA on FD, and select snake draft if you want to try one. They even have some free practice ones to try it.

• bazerko

Cool, thanks.

• Brendan239

Love Dwight tonight, not so high on BAM. How do you make a unique LU tonight, aside from hoping for early foul trouble for Lebron/AD? Looks like if you’re “lucky” enough to get first, you’ll win less than $500. I’m just doing 1 LU on FD and I’m putting Iggy @ Flex.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Love Dwight tonight, not so high on BAM. How do you make a unique LU tonight, aside from hoping for early foul trouble for Lebron/AD? Looks like if you’re “lucky” enough to get first, you’ll win less than $500. I’m just doing 1 LU on FD and I’m putting Iggy @ Flex.

You play McGee over Howard

• JSteele

I like McGee, he’s had two good games against the Heat in limited minutes. I expect the Lakers to start this series with their normal lineup and adjust as the series goes on, so he’s worth a shot at close to the minimum and allows you to fit in most of the studs.

• monarch

Remember the Heat yield outlier performances to complimentary guard/wing role players that can shoot. Such as Brad Wanamaker.

At some point KCP, Danny Green and even Dion Waiters (#revenge!narrative) will have an outlier performance.

• jdtrey

@monarch said...

and even Dion Waiters (#revenge!narrative) will have an outlier performance.

Do you think Vogel’s going to actually give him enough minutes to do anything with? He’s been nursing an injury since the Rockets series that has kept him out but JR has been healthy and barely seen the court. He got all of 3 minutes in game 1 which was a blowout – then Vogel ran the same 10 man rotation for the next 4 games. I could see if Waiters is completely healthy he could see 5-8 minutes but I don’t know how much more with the way the rest of the team is playing.

• Brendan239

@JSteele said...

I like McGee, he’s had two good games against the Heat in limited minutes. I expect the Lakers to start this series with their normal lineup and adjust as the series goes on, so he’s worth a shot at close to the minimum and allows you to fit in most of the studs.

I kinda feel like McGee could play a few minutes in the first and third Q and that’s it. IF Dwight starts he’ll smash.

• wolfshield

Dragic/Crowder or Herro/Robinson on DK?

• Njsum1

@Brendan239 said...

I kinda feel like McGee could play a few minutes in the first and third Q and that’s it. IF Dwight starts he’ll smash.

Yeah but McGee is 1800, you’re hoping he gets you like 10 DK points at that price. Very reasonable if he starts and plays 12-14 minutes.

• JSteele

@Brendan239 said...

Yea I wouldn’t expect more than like 12 minutes but all you need is Miami to start the 1st or third Q slow and miss a few shots with the tough Lakers D and for him to grab a bunch of rebounds, maybe a block or two and a couple dunks or putbacks and your solid.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

I rarely ever play the Milly tourneys and I openly despise showdowns (lol) but what are your thoughts on the NBA one tonight? Will it overlay, you think?

It’s currently at 45% or so filled….I am guessing it gets to the 85-90% range. What do you think?

• jdtrey

@Brendan239 said...

Just curious, have you come close with any of your Lakers calls in the playoffs? Not trying to be a dick just curious. I seem to remember a lot of Dwight/Caruso/Rondo “gonna smash” in spots that they weren’t even looking all that great the last two rounds. Like Dwight .. what makes you think he’ll smash? Completely different series from last round, he could end up back on the bench the entire series a la Houston. (I don’t believe he will)

Howard is an energy guy – he isn’t going to have a massive speed/athleticism advantage over Bam like he did with Jokic. He’d actually be in a better smash spot if he doesn’t start and gets to be in the game with someone like Kelly O or when MIA try to play small without a real center.

• 🕘

Hurry up!!!

Lookout for some new pieces this series guys, expect spo to make adjustments as the game goes, don’t believe it will be a strict 7 man rotation.

• jdtrey

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

🕘

Hurry up!!!

Lookout for some new pieces this series guys, expect spo to make adjustments as the game goes, don’t believe it will be a strict 7 man rotation.

Yup Spo ran 9 / 10 / 10 guys the first game of each round.
    Vogel ran 9 / 10 / 10 in the first of each round (not counting Waiters 1 minute 1st round, Waiters or Dudley’s 5 and 3 minutes 2nd round, and Dudley, Cook Smith’s 4, 3 and 4 minutes 3rd round) – games were all out of hand at the end of the 4th.

I’d expect similar tonight – probably 10 guys each

• SteeloCity

I have absolutely no idea who to pick on FD. AD, Lebron are locked but outside of that it’s no man’s land.

• @jdtrey said...

Yup Spo ran 9 / 10 / 10 guys the first game of each round.
    Vogel ran 9 / 10 / 10 in the first of each round (not counting Waiters 1 minute 1st round, Waiters or Dudley’s 5 and 3 minutes 2nd round, and Dudley, Cook Smith’s 4, 3 and 4 minutes 3rd round) – games were all out of hand at the end of the 4th.

I’d expect similar tonight – probably 10 guys each

Yep, not saying it will win someone a milly, but theoretically you will get leverage on field, I’m taking my heat side, guys are cheaper.

• jdtrey

Agreed. Recency bias is very real. A lot of people are going to set lineups tonight based on what they saw the last couple games of each series and that is probably a massive mistake considering both coaches will basically reset their rotations to see what does/doesn’t work this round. I’d expect pretty normal rotations for both teams – like what we saw early in every other series.

• zeeshan2

Rondo tonight? He saw just 21.6 minutes in Game 4 and 12.8 minutes in Game 5. Does he play 25+ to 30 min tonight?

• jdtrey

He could get there but just slightly lower seems more likely – he missed the 1st round but came back for 2 & 3 and played 25 and 22 minutes in the 1st game of each series, so I’d guess 22-26 sounds about right?

• monarch

I like Rondo and Caruso. Lakers need to establish pace and the earlier the better.

• Brendan239

@jdtrey said...

Just curious, have you come close with any of your Lakers calls in the playoffs? Not trying to be a dick just curious. I seem to remember a lot of Dwight/Caruso/Rondo “gonna smash” in spots that they weren’t even looking all that great the last two rounds. Like Dwight .. what makes you think he’ll smash? Completely different series from last round, he could end up back on the bench the entire series a la Houston. (I don’t believe he will)

Howard is an energy guy – he isn’t going to have a massive speed/athleticism advantage over Bam like he did with Jokic. He’d actually be in a better smash spot if he doesn’t start and gets to be in the game with someone like Kelly O or when MIA try to play small without a real center.

I’m Higher on Dwight if he starts and I think he’ll get 26-28 minutes. I think Lebron will mostly be on Crowder until the 4th Q, which puts me at Jimmy Buckets as my fave Heat player. I think BAM is contained and maybe even gets into foul trouble. Dragic won’t be able to run to the hoop like he likes to do with what LA has that can fill up the paint. Rondo is my wild card. He could very well get about 30 minutes and Smash and if Dwight doesn’t start I might look to Rondo. It really depends on ownership with me cone game time. I think the path to victory is to gamble on the fact that BAM struggles/foul trouble and Kelly O puts up 20+ FD points, using LBJ/AD at MVP/1.5x and you leave $2k on the table.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.