NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -5 ) at Miami ( 5 ) —- T: 223
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 6.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 225

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

Ah groundhog day.

• livetorace17

Here we are

• NDNole

I get a do over? Guys make sure you play milsap tonight. And Morris jr too. Trust me.

• Brendan239

Rondo in both of my FD LUs so far. Love Westy and AD today. Looking at Duncan R, D Green, Dwight, Marvin for salary relief. Have Westy/LBJ/AD in one. Gotta have some ABC in a do or die, but I don’t see how AD doesn’t hit 65+ today, even at that price tag. Today will be tough. Westy/Harden/ABC/LBJ/AD (maybe Butler) can get to 60.

• Danielv22

I think LAL blows out Houston in a replay of what happened last night, as a well-rested western conference favorite wallopes an exhausted underdog.

• dominicanpapi

You can play 2 of Harden/ABC/Giannis/LBJ on FD but the problem is SG/SF/PF are all stacked. Debating whether or not it makes sense to play LBJ and Giannis together because SF2 is Jae Crowder or Daniel House.

• WillyWongka

Westbrook or Westbrick tonight? That lowered price is pretty juicy but could be a huge trap.

• JustDFSin

@Brendan239 said...

Rondo in both of my FD LUs so far. Love Westy and AD today. Looking at Duncan R, D Green, Dwight, Marvin for salary relief. Have Westy/LBJ/AD in one. Gotta have some ABC in a do or die, but I don’t see how AD doesn’t hit 65+ today, even at that price tag. Today will be tough. Westy/Harden/ABC/LBJ/AD (maybe Butler) can get to 60.

Has any of thoae players you name returned 6x for their salary during the playoffs?

• miggs6876

@dominicanpapi said...

You can play 2 of Harden/ABC/Giannis/LBJ on FD but the problem is SG/SF/PF are all stacked. Debating whether or not it makes sense to play LBJ and Giannis together because SF2 is Jae Crowder or Daniel House.

That’s what I was thinking too. Giannis and LeBron are the cheaper studs too. Giannis doesn’t seem to have the same upside as AD. I feel like this isn’t a LeBron ceiling game due to possible blowout, deferring to AD, and very slight usage bump from Rondo being back. Sure seems like there is plenty of value. If Kelly O and Iggy are out Jones is the stone cold chalk free square. Also, feel like either Laker Green or KCP has a big game. I’m probably playing Brook at center but Howard catches my eye. Little to no Westbrook or Jimmy B for me. Bam is hard to get too. Rocco is on fire but Laker match up is tougher and
    he’s priced up. Still there’s meat on the bone.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Fixed the date up top.

All is normal again, and confusion can subside.

Apologize for any disturbances this caused to your mental state this morning.

• Potsmoke

@Pandamonious said...

Fixed the date up top.

Thank goodness Panda, now i can focus on the slate.. ;P

Wow ABC i cheap today. 10600 on FD.

• realphipps

I’m curious what kind of workload American Rondo gets tonight.

• NDNole

@Pandamonious said...

Fixed the date up top.

I couldnt resist a back to the future reference since someone beat me to groundhog day.

At any rate, I think ABC is gonna get looked over today. Maybe an edge there?

• monarch

Westbrook does really well in the spot. For whatever reason…perhaps the Lakers make an emphasis to just let him do his thing and stick to the shooters.

• JSteele

Well I was wrong about the Nuggets yesterday and I still haven’t recovered from the cardiac arrest from that Raptors ending.

But on to today..

I think we see Milwaukee shorten the rotation down 0-2. There is no reason for them to trot out a second unit that goes -8 in the first 6 minutes out on the floor. I’d like to see them go 7 deep and play Giannis and Middleton close to 40 minutes.

The Rockets have been able to keep up with the Lakers all season. Westbrook has done well against them this season and I think he’s a fine play along with Harden. His minutes were up to 34 for Game 7 and it’s his 4th game back so he should be good to go. The Lakers biggest advantage will be playing with a size advantage and having Davis play next to McGee or Howard. I kind of like Howard as a cheap pick today for FD.

• Brendan239

Great spot to buy J Green and sell Harden shares.

• Brendan239

Also “buying” Bledsoe and Dwight and “selling” BAM today.

• Njsum1

@miggs6876 said...

I feel like this isn’t a LeBron ceiling game due to possible blowout

I don’t see this game blowing out.

• monarch

Also Lakers may not play big here. They might but they might also play Kuzma at the five and not Howard at some points in this series. Kuzma also gets up for this team….he has a lot of ways to fit into this series. He is basically the same measurements of the entire Rockets roster.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Also Lakers may not play big here. They might but they might also play Kuzma at the five and not Howard at some points in this series. Kuzma also gets up for this team….he has a lot of ways to fit into this series. He is basically the same measurements of the entire Rockets roster.

If the Lakers try to match the Rockets small game, they were outplayed by them. When they played big, they had the best +/- but you could be right, they might not look at that too much and just try to get up the floor and take 3s with guys like Green and Kuzma

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

They can do a lot of things. Kinda have to guess tonight.

Also how much is Rondo gonna play, will Caruso still get decent minutes? These are things we’ll have to gamble on, yet find out later what the game plan is going to be.

• blakevoiles

@monarch said...

I agree with this. Think McGee starts and then they play small rest of the game with Howard seeing 5-10 min.

• Brendan239

I predict that D Green or KCP is in the winning FD LU ($100k tourney)

• dominicanpapi

@JSteele said...

Well I was wrong about the Nuggets yesterday and I still haven’t recovered from the cardiac arrest from that Raptors ending.

But on to today..

I think we see Milwaukee shorten the rotation down 0-2. There is no reason for them to trot out a second unit that goes -8 in the first 6 minutes out on the floor. I’d like to see them go 7 deep and play Giannis and Middleton close to 40 minutes.

The Rockets have been able to keep up with the Lakers all season. Westbrook has done well against them this season and I think he’s a fine play along with Harden. His minutes were up to 34 for Game 7 and it’s his 4th game back so he should be good to go. The Lakers biggest advantage will be playing with a size advantage and having Davis play next to McGee or Howard. I kind of like Howard as a cheap pick today for FD.

You would think they shorten it but Bud didn’t really go all the way with it in Game 2.

1 of Middleton/Bledsoe/Giannis should be on the floor at all times. D’Antoni does it with Russ and Harden, Vogel does it with Lebron and AD.

• Njsum1

@Brendan239 said...

I predict that D Green or KCP is in the winning FD LU ($100k tourney)

They seem like decent guys to take a shot on for cap savings. They have upside, yet sometimes they just like to stand around and then miss shots. Yet it’s a 2 game slate, so worth the risk.

Caruso too, if Rondo isn’t going to eat his minutes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).