NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -1 ) at Boston ( 1 ) —- T: 214
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 9 ) at LA Clippers ( -9 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ninogarzone

@RipCityRings said...

It seems like the only scenario in which Denver sticks around is if Jokic goes ballistic and Grant/MPJ’s shots are falling. That feels like a pretty steep hill to climb. MPJ was 0/6 from deep so he could conceivably do things, but given that he’s a massive defensive liability I don’t know how long they can afford to keep him out there.

Murray is not going to get there this series, and it took a historic heater from him to barely squeak past a middling Utah team. Jokic just doesn’t look like he cares enough to take over, and I’m not sure Malone is smart enough to run the offense through him. Game 1 you got an above-average game from Monte, 50% shooting from Grant, a monster (relatively speaking) Millsap performance with 5 bleals and they still got trampled. Even if Kawhi and Morris don’t shoot that well again, I just don’t see much of a path here.

not to mention mph literally played the whole 4th quarter against scrubs and couldn’t get it going. im full fading him

• jdtrey

@ninogarzone said...

the guy has no upside and is the last offensive weapon on the team and had the best game of his young career.

I actually agree with your reasoning on Powell a bit but OG blew up in back to back games a week or so before the season went on hiatus .. put up 49 and 65 (but FVV was out I believe)

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@ninogarzone said...

acknowledged he wanted to get Powell more involved and he inserted him half way through the first quarter and he got like 3 quick fouls before mid 2nd quarter so he was taken out.

On the flip side he was inserted for Siakam who picked up 2 quick fouls. Also he only played 4 mins in the 2nd half. Great GPP play but a lot of things need to happen and go right for him

• rstylz

@jdtrey said...

I actually agree with your reasoning on Powell a bit but OG blew up in back to back games a week or so before the season went on hiatus .. put up 49 and 65 (but FVV was out I believe)

I haven’t done it, but i bet if you go back and look at OG’s big games there was 2 or 3 starters out in each.

He is the 5th option on the floor when everyone is healthy. And he is such a solid person that he knows his role and never tries to force it and “get his”.

He must be a dream to coach.

• ScofieldReturns

FD murray/theis or lowry/marcus morris?

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@jdtrey said...

Yes FVV, Serge, and Gasol

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

OG is one of those dudes who thrives in the post season, because they’re defensive minded. They tend to stick to the floor and and coaches feel like they know they can get worthwhile good minutes out of them and they make and impact. Defensive focused leads to the ancillary stats, the steals, the blocks, the rebounds, that push a player up into massive fantasy performances. So, someone like him, like Roco, these guys are great assets worth being heavy on nightly in the playoffs. It’s like how Andre Roberson was always a playoff DFS hero. Dude would be 3K and get you 10 fantasy points in the regular season, but once playoffs came and games tightened up the dude got lose and he’d be a 7K player before the first round was over.

With all that said, OG, probably doesn’t play 45 minutes, but there’s ways for him to get there, and he still probably plays 38 minutes, maybe even 40, but I’m also in the boat of hoping those 5-7 extra minutes find their way to Powell.

• gaelicgirl

@theIrrigator said...

Agreed

So…why did you ask if Lou Will is officially unplayable?

• Brendan239

I put in a LU that is the winning LU from Friday on FD, minus Tatum.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

So…why did you ask if Lou Will is officially unplayable?

Because he sucks now and loses me money every slate lol

• rstylz

@ScofieldReturns said...

FD murray/theis or lowry/marcus morris?

2nd one

• ninogarzone

@Pandamonious said...

OG is one of those dudes who thrives in the post season, because they’re defensive minded. They tend to stick to the floor and and coaches feel like they know they can get worthwhile good minutes out of them and they make and impact. Defensive focused leads to the ancillary stats, the steals, the blocks, the rebounds, that push a player up into massive fantasy performances. So, someone like him, like Roco, these guys are great assets worth being heavy on nightly in the playoffs. It’s like how Andre Roberson was always a playoff DFS hero. Dude would be 3K and get you 10 fantasy points in the regular season, but once playoffs came and games tightened up the dude got lose and he’d be a 7K player before the first round was over.

With all that said, OG, probably doesn’t play 45 minutes, but there’s ways for him to get there, and he still probably plays 38 minutes, maybe even 40, but I’m also in the boat of hoping those 5-7 extra minutes find their way to Powell.

I just feel like Ive been playing dfs long enough. and see how the story plays out. og literally is gonna garner 70 percent ownership. on a 2 game slate its a perfect time to be very low percentage on him. theres numerous ways for him to underwhelm, and to me based on my interpretation of the rotation and game flow Norman is due. and his price is super low where even if im a somewhat right and he gets you 23 and we see regression for 4300 dk that doesn’t kill you, and with even more upside.

• superjon

7 LUs

All the Murray, PG and Grant

• efagan99

What are people’s thoughts on Celtics? I just threw together a lineup on DK and accidentally faded them. I want to have either kemba or tatum but I don’t think both is a good idea. Kemba had big games in 1 and 3 and tatum went off in 2. Also, 8k is the most kemba has been all year and I don’t see him putting up 30+ against toronto. Yet he almost did last game.

For the other guys, the all seem overpriced. Theis has no upside (but a good floor), Smart is way overpriced, bench guys don’t see enough minutes, and brown rarely gets enough peripherals to pay that off. What am I missing?

• efagan99

@ninogarzone said...

I just feel like Ive been playing dfs long enough. and see how the story plays out. og literally is gonna garner 70 percent ownership. on a 2 game slate its a perfect time to be very low percentage on him. theres numerous ways for him to underwhelm, and to me based on my interpretation of the rotation and game flow Norman is due. and his price is super low where even if im a somewhat right and he gets you 23 and we see regression for 4300 dk that doesn’t kill you

Totally agree. Like if he busts, whatever he’s 4200 and its not like anyone else in that price range is gonna put up 30+ (MAYBE harrell but I doubt it). But I could see powell end up with 20-25 minutes, get hot from 3, and end up outscoring OG.

• ScofieldReturns

@rstylz said...

2nd one

thanks, that’s what i had all day

• ninogarzone

@efagan99 said...

What are people’s thoughts on Celtics? I just threw together a lineup on DK and accidentally faded them. I want to have either kemba or tatum but I don’t think both is a good idea. Kemba had big games in 1 and 3 and tatum went off in 2. Also, 8k is the most kemba has been all year and I don’t see him putting up 30+ against toronto. Yet he almost did last game.

For the other guys, the all seem overpriced. Theis has no upside (but a good floor), Smart is way overpriced, bench guys don’t see enough minutes, and brown rarely gets enough peripherals to pay that off. What am I missing?

it almost seems like either kebab and Jaylen eat, or its a Tatum night with the possibility of Williams popping off. I could stomach kemba at 6700 7200 but 8k dk that’s too much with Tatum sitting at 9300. Plus I believe Lowry is a very solid defender who can slow him down in a must win game. and even Jaylen seems high priced

• RipCityRings

If I was Mike Malone I would give Bol Bol 15-20ish minutes with the second unit and try to take Harrell out of the game the way Dallas did with Boban. Maybe also run some bigger lineups in general and utilize a little more Plumlee. Maybe a stretch but it’s going to take a miracle to get the Clips on their heels here.

• lukemiller42

@ninogarzone said...

it almost seems like either kebab and Jaylen eat, or its a Tatum night with the possibility of Williams popping off. I could stomach kemba at 6700 7200 but 8k dk that’s too much with Tatum sitting at 9300. Plus I believe Lowry is a very solid defender who can slow him down in a must win game. and even Jaylen seems high priced

I really enjoy all your reasoning today, wondering if we may end up with similar lineups. I find it interesting that the time lord had a lot of hype last game, he did ok (hit around 5x with an ok performance) and now today at a similar price and same kind of situation, no one seems interested. That’s a gpp phenomenon I’ve run into a lot before where the guy explodes after everyone cools off

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@lukemiller42 said...

I really enjoy all your reasoning today, wondering if we may end up with similar lineups. I find it interesting that the time lord had a lot of hype last game, he did ok (hit around 5x with an ok performance) and now today at a similar price and same kind of situation, no one seems interested. That’s a gpp phenomenon I’ve run into a lot before where the guy explodes after everyone cools off

I’m 60% on DK and 45% on FD. The main issue is Kanter took some of his mins last game

Lol

• Morpheus

Faded all Clippers.

• Femdimes

bol bol hangs out on the perimeter

• Jsmitty123433

RG Overall Ranking

I’m all in on Jokic one of these games he gonna go ballistic I may get shredded but small slate gotta make a stand All 150 of my lineups

• Kemba-36%
    Fvv-53%
    Tatum-28%👀
    Siakam-25%👀
    Theis-30%
    Timelord-21%

• ninogarzone

@lukemiller42 said...

Yeah Kanter scared me off as mentioned. Or else I would be all over him.. Some may under value the Trez love. But the guy is 100% the type of player who will be influenced by the 6th man of the year as he brings the energy. And I think he can see 22-25 mins and do damage espeiecally as I predict clips win fairly handildly. Maybe not by over 15 but without kawhi needing to take compeltley over. Pg or Lou will be in winner

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.