NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Toronto ( 2 ) —- T: 211.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -9 ) at Denver ( 9 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jdtrey

@rvnfn77 said...

Not sure what the hold up is I sent an email but of course no response back. Lol

No idea .. it’s been 5 days since the promo ended. I’ve had to lower my play the last two days since I have so much tied up in NFL tickets and I’d really like to not deposit again considering we probably have 150-175$ coming our way

• rvnfn77

@jdtrey said...

No idea .. it’s been 5 days since the promo ended. I’ve had to lower my play the last two days since I have so much tied up in NFL tickets and I’d really like to not deposit again considering we probably have 150-175$ coming our way

I totally get it. Shouldn’t take them this long.

• mbunner23

There’s no way joker isn’t playing.

• Brendan239

3/7 of my FD LUs have $0 left over. Change 2?

• gaelicgirl

Referee assignments for tonight’s games
    Celtics-Raptors: Kane Fitzgerald Eric Lewis, Courtney Kirkland
    Clippers-Nuggets: John Goble, Tony Brown, Ed Malloy

• Brendan239

Who’s better in 25 minutes, Harris or Powell?

• jessedio

@gaelicgirl said...

Referee assignments for tonight’s games
    Celtics-Raptors: Kane Fitzgerald Eric Lewis, Courtney Kirkland
    Clippers-Nuggets: John Goble, Tony Brown, Ed Malloy

Good, bad?

• jdtrey

Fitzgerald is a little tech happy at times

• gaelicgirl

@jessedio said...

Good, bad?

Bad, unless you’re a fan of techs. Fitzgerald has a rep (going back to when the G League was called the D League) for ejecting players on quick double techs. Here’s a short clip of him ejecting KAT, LeBron and KG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/ic5f10/highlight_compilation_of_kane_fitzgerald/

More recently, he’s the one who ejected Porzingis and Carlisle in that Mavs-Clippers game that had 6 techs called. He’s a notoriously thin-skinned ref who seems to relish ejecting stars who dare to question his calls or non-calls.
    Worst ref in the bubble by a mile IMO

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@gaelicgirl said...

Bad, unless you’re a fan of techs. Fitzgerald has a rep (going back to when the G League was called the D League) for ejecting players on quick double techs. Here’s a short clip of him ejecting KAT, LeBron and KG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/ic5f10/highlight_compilation_of_kane_fitzgerald/

More recently, he’s the one who ejected Porzingis and Carlisle in that Mavs-Clippers game that had 6 techs called. He’s a notoriously thin-skinned ref who seems to relish ejecting stars who dare to question his calls or non-calls.
    Worst ref in the bubble by a mile IMO

So, who do we fade then? This is interesting. NBA tech leaders:

Kyle Lowry – 4th with 15
    Marcus Smart – 15th with 9
    Tatum – 18th with 8
    Siakam – 33rd with 6
    FFV and Kemba – 45th with 5

• Pandamonious

I was just going to go all in on Lowry too, but this is giving me pause.

• NDNole

I keep falling on Serg he just seems like the guy who doesnt fit right in roster construction but he can make a big difference if he gets 40 which is within his ability. I think im gonna roll with him today.

• pepsies15

Imagine basing some of your picks off of the officials. Not saying it’s bad or wrong at all, I respect that level of analysis and thought. It just seems kind of like projecting blowouts to me. But again, this is probably why I lose money most nights instead of profiting.

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

So, who do we fade then? This is interesting. NBA tech leaders:

Kyle Lowry – 4th with 15
    Marcus Smart – 15th with 9
    Tatum – 18th with 8
    Siakam – 33rd with 6
    FFV and Kemba – 45th with 5

Lest Njsum1 accuse me of misdirection, I’m not claiming anyone will be ejected because it’s a Kane Fitzgerald game LOL Howeverrrr…I wouldn’t be surprised to see some questionable techs called here.
    (Full disclosure, Lowry and Smart were the first guys I thought of when I saw the ref crew)

• gaelicgirl

@pepsies15 said...

Imagine basing some of your picks off of the officials.

Yeah, I get it

Don’t mean to put anyone off their picks, just thought it was worth mentioning since this guy definitely has a history

• mbunner23

I think we’ve gone a little too far if we’re trying to predict technical fouls. Just my opinion.

• Brendan239

Who else is nervously putting Norman W.C. Powell in one?

• Pandamonious

Geez guys.

I was more so joking about fading, but thought it was worthwhile to point out the tech heavy players. I do think it’s interesting. Sorry to clog up all the in depth real analysis happening in here today and the pointing out of FD’s failing ability to pay anything out in reasonable times.

I’m legit questioning going all in on Lowry though, but I’m not legit fading him because of it. Might go down to like 80% though.

• Pandamonious

@Brendan239 said...

Who else is nervously putting Norman W.C. Powell in one?

He’s not on the tech list, so go all in. Once Lowry and FVV are ejected in the first 4 minutes, he should get 44 minutes.

• Englishfire

Feel like lowry doesn’t do as good this game.. I’m thinking Boston game plans better for him. Guys like Spicy P and FVV have big games.. also late game maybe play both PF from clips? Idk thoughts

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

Yeah, I get it

Don’t mean to put anyone off their picks, just thought it was worth mentioning since this guy definitely has a history

I like it!

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

Geez guys.

I was more so joking about fading, but thought it was worthwhile to point out the tech heavy players. I do think it’s interesting. Sorry to clog up all the in depth real analysis happening in here today and the pointing out of FD’s failing ability to pay anything out in reasonable times.

I’m legit questioning going all in on Lowry though, but I’m not legit fading him because of it. Might go down to like 80% though.

I think if you’re reducing exposure because of who is reffing the game, you’re completely overthinking. That’s just me. If someone gets ejected, I’ll live with it.

• rstylz

@Englishfire said...

Feel like lowry doesn’t do as good this game.. I’m thinking Boston game plans better for him. Guys like Spicy P and FVV have big games.. also late game maybe play both PF from clips? Idk thoughts

To me Lowry’s game isnt the kind of game you can “plan for”

Pushing tempo, transition 3’s lots of peripherals. They don’t general run plays for him besides the pick and roll which he crushes.

Doubling him sure seems like putting to many resources into defending him. I don’t imagine they double him like Harden to get the ball out of his hands.

IMO, but hey, Boston sure needs to do something, i could be proven wrong.

• ScofieldReturns

i wish the people saying lowry is a lock would have specified what site they are playing on. 9.2k on FD is a ton, and I played him the last 3. can we really play lowry for 9.2k?

i think jokic plays, but the sprain is on his shooting hand…has to effect his jump shot enough i wouldn’t play him

• mmmfriedchicken

@Englishfire said...

Lowry went 5-16 from the field last game and STILL SCORED 55.25 FPTS

I think fading Lowry (at least on DK) at this point is just being stubbornly contrarian — differentiate your lineup elsewhere IMO

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).