NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 3 ) at Boston ( -3 ) —- T: 210
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -8 ) at Denver ( 8 ) —- T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Brendan239

SG is a wasteland on FD. I think I’m only doing a few and going all in on Powell, Kawhi, and Joker. If I think Porter can keep up his energy then he’ll be in 75%. Zubac is getting frustrated w ticky tack fouls and I’m afraid to go w Grant again although jeez been one of the best “plays” on the board this series.

• superjon

Today’s first page lock of the day.

Siakam on FD

price drop
    only 200 more than Brown, who based on recency bias, will probably be higher owned. although playing both might be okay
    i don’t think Ibaka plays tonight

• bazerko

If Ibaka is ruled out, do the Raptors go small? Play Gasol more minutes? Give Boucher/RHJ minutes in an elimination game? All I can guarantee for sure is: Lowry, Siakam and FVV will be on the court at least 42 minutes today haha

• jessedio

@bazerko said...

If Ibaka is ruled out, do the Raptors go small? Play Gasol more minutes? Give Boucher/RHJ minutes in an elimination game? All I can guarantee for sure is: Lowry, Siakam and FVV will be on the court at least 42 minutes today haha

They didn’t even play the 4th quarter down 19 the other day. Think they have already conceded. None of them had any fight last game, doubt that changes today.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@bazerko said...

I would think more Powell and Gasol.

Could very well be wrong, but a lot Lowry, FVV, Powell, OG, Siakam makes sense to me when Gasol is off. I assume Boucher does get minutes spelling Siakam from Center, but doubt he gets anywhere near the 20-25 Ibaka would.

• BiGtIGeRs

If Ibaka is ruled out don’t be stupid put Gasol and OG in every lineup.

• realphipps

Haven’t seen the weather forecast. Any chance of a Comet sighting tonight?

I’m playing RHJ. No rhyme or rationale reason.

• emnj69

I would rather stick my hand in fire than play Siakam -I will go og over him every day and twice on Wednesday

• got9forya

Seems Like you should play Boucher at min price on DK if Ibaka is Out. I believe he should see close to 20 min (Just a hunch)

• mbunner23

I’ll play more Powell.

• Brendan239

Getting waaaaay too much Pat Bev. Anyone else?

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

I would think more Powell and Gasol.

Could very well be wrong, but a lot Lowry, FVV, Powell, OG, Siakam makes sense to me when Gasol is off. I assume Boucher does get minutes spelling Siakam from Center, but doubt he gets anywhere near the 20-25 Ibaka would.

Boucher performs splendidly in garbage time, but not so much w/ 3 other starters on court

RJH does not see that drop off in performance when he is dropped into a playoff rotation

• boilermakerbeef

@Brendan239 said...

Getting waaaaay too much Pat Bev. Anyone else?

Same….20 min with peripherals….should hit value and allow you to spend up elsewhere.

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

Today’s first page lock of the day.

Siakam on FD

price drop
    only 200 more than Brown, who based on recency bias, will probably be higher owned. although playing both might be okay
    i don’t think Ibaka plays tonight

Might be the last day of single day multi game slates, sooo enjoy.

There’s only one lock today on DK, and his name rhymes with shmed can feet.

• telestraightshooter

I bring this up because there is a direct correlation to less “fresh meat”/ more shark $$$ in the DFS player pools
    ………

The NBA and NBPA have agreed to push back the draft, free agency and the start date for the 2020-21 season, according to sources of Shams Charania of The Athletic.
    The draft and free agency were scheduled for mid-October, and next season was expected to start on December 1, but both sides have agreed to push back those dates to get a better read on the expected finances for next year. New dates have not yet been rescheduled, but pushing back the start date for the 2020-21 season…….
    ….. as far back as March is something that has been discussed …

SOURCE: Shams Charania on Twitter Sep 8, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

…. i’m out like Marvin Williams news- Ciao

• JSteele

For the Raptors the usual suspects are in play. Lowry, FVV, Siakam and OG will all play heavy minutes. I don’t think Gasol sees an increase in minutes, I think he plays his usual 22-25 minutes with Boucher and Powell taking up the rest. I suspect that we see more Powell than Boucher, as most of Boucher’s minutes came in garbage time in the blowout and he hasn’t been in the rotation. Boucher should still get in the game, but I can see this being a trap play.

On the Celtics side, I believe they are going to lean on Tatum in a close out game. Just like in their previous series he saved the best for last. I’m expecting a gritty but close game. I think the Raptors win and force a game 7.

• Njsum1

I didn’t watch last Celtics/Raps game yet I heard that the reason Lowry struggled is because the Celtics stuck Smart on him all game, and Smart gave him trouble. Is this true?

Would make sense as Lowry hardly got up anY shots.

• Brendan239

Can you play Lou and Pat Bev in the same LU? Anyone know their +\-?

• JSteele

@Brendan239 said...

Can you play Lou and Pat Bev in the same LU? Anyone know their +\-?

I wouldn’t do it on FD, since they are both PG and you lose exposure to Lowry, Kemba or Jamal up top by doing that. They don’t really overlap that much in terms of minutes, so you can probably play them together. I’d expect Beverley’s minutes to increase again to mid 20s today so he becomes a nice play at 4800.

• Brendan239

@JSteele said...

I wouldn’t do it on FD, since they are both PG and you lose exposure to Lowry, Kemba or Jamal up top by doing that. They don’t really overlap that much in terms of minutes, so you can probably play them together. I’d expect Beverley’s minutes to increase again to mid 20s today so he becomes a nice play at 4800.

Is it possible that Lowry, Murray, Kemba, Lou, Bev ALL put up 35-45 FD points each? That’s the scenario I’m thinking of the leverage.

• realphipps

In a win or go home scenario, I think Nurse will turn to RHJ because of his flexibility on defense. Boucher is the better rim protector, but it seems to me Boston is thriving in space, not at the rim.

• jdtrey

@Brendan239 said...

Is it possible that Lowry, Murray, Kemba, Lou, Bev ALL put up 35-45 FD points each? That’s the scenario I’m thinking of the leverage.

I doubt Lou and Bev both put up 35-45 but there’s definitely a nonzero chance that the top 3 all put up 30-40 and Lou/Bev outscore them per $ – but then again Morris or Wanamaker could pop off too

• DrLost

Yahoo closed entries at nooN today 👀

• NDNole

@realphipps said...

Boucher

I think a lot of people will look at Boucher when he got minutes and go with him. He could be super high owned. Or people may not care. I dont know which way it will go with him. But I also like RHJ a little better for the same reasons you said.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Going back to the raptors

That means stay away.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.