NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 3 ) at Boston ( -3 ) —- T: 210
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -8 ) at Denver ( 8 ) —- T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• JSteele

@Njsum1 said...

I didn’t watch last Celtics/Raps game yet I heard that the reason Lowry struggled is because the Celtics stuck Smart on him all game, and Smart gave him trouble. Is this true?

Would make sense as Lowry hardly got up anY shots.

The whole Celtics team played solid team defense last game but also the Raptors got off to a horrendous start missing open looks and got down in a hurry.

I wouldn’t worry about Smart on Lowry. The Raptors can just screen and switch to get matchups they like. Nurse is going to make an effort to get his guys good looks all game.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Is it possible that Lowry, Murray, Kemba, Lou, Bev ALL put up 35-45 FD points each? That’s the scenario I’m thinking of the leverage.

No

• NDNole

@NDNole said...

I think a lot of people will look at Boucher when he got minutes and go with him. He could be super high owned. Or people may not care. I dont know which way it will go with him. But I also like RHJ a little better for the same reasons you said.

Im still going back and fourth between whether to play boucher or rhj or if it even matters to play them at all.

• jdtrey

Slightly unrelated but Fanduel seems content to eat huge overlay on tomorrow night’s single game NFL contest .. it’s not even 30% full but they stopped doing the huge satellites about a week ago and I see they posted a few today but it looks like it’s going to be way too little way too late (there are 1000 and 500 ticket satellites today)

• tmarohl

@jdtrey said...

Slightly unrelated but Fanduel seems content to eat huge overlay on tomorrow night’s single game NFL contest .. it’s not even 30% full but they stopped doing the huge satellites about a week ago and I see they posted a few today but it looks like it’s going to be way too little way too late (there are 1000 and 500 ticket satellites today)

They had a 1000 entry one yesterday.

• Brendan239

Is there any reason to think Harrell finally smashes and gets 25 minutes? He should be super low-owned for a 2-game slate.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Is there any reason to think Harrell finally smashes and gets 25 minutes? He should be super low-owned for a 2-game slate.

Unless Zubac gets in foul trouble early, I doubt it. Green is also getting like 15-18 min of run a game as well off the bench.

Wana-Wana!
    Pee-Gee
    Da Klaw!
    Gasol Turn Back Da Clock!
    Harrell-Mania!
    Porter’s Poppin!

• Brendan239

@boilermakerbeef said...

Unless Zubac gets in foul trouble early, I doubt it. Green is also getting like 15-18 min of run a game as well off the bench.

I know, that’s why I kinda want to take him. He’ll be less than 20% owner and if the stars align and he puts up a 40 burger it might be what sets you apart.

• DrLost

For what it’s worth Jamychael Green didn’t play much the second half either.

• gaelicgirl

Hope the Celtics put the Raptors out of their misery today, I’m focusing on the late game again

It’s only 10 am but it looks like sunset already…am I living in a Munch painting?

This is so 2020

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@telestraightshooter said...

The draft and free agency were scheduled for mid-October, and next season was expected to start on December 1, but both sides have agreed to push back those dates to get a better read on the expected finances for next year.

Wise decision. I’ve been pretty surprised across all sports that some huge dollar and long duration contracts are being signed in this climate where no one can go to games and no one is watching. How much is LaMelo Ball worth in a bubble vs. normal pre-covid NBA setting. Are the people who stopped watching going to change their mind? If/when arenas are opened back up, are they going to go to the games…probably not anytime soon

Mookie Betts got 365 million+ for over a decade. I guess they really wanted to keep him but will baseball ever be the same? and when? 5 years? 10 years? I would think that the size of contracts across all sports will be dropping significantly and this Betts contract could be devastating to the Doyers.

• gaelicgirl

@Sleazygreazy said...

Are the people who stopped watching going to change their mind?

Are sports still an escape from real life?

There’s your answer

• Brendan239

FD GPP: Kawhi/Grant or Siakam/OG? Going more for low ownership vs ceiling, I have Craig/Harrell in this LU.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

There’s your answer

So is cocaine…Not sure I follow.

Interesting thing is that without gambling and DFS, leagues would doomed. That’s why you see silly little segments like last night where Shaq pretended not to know what a point spread was so they could talk about FanDuel for 3 minutes.

We are the number 1 target audience!

• ScofieldReturns

same pint guard conundrum as the other day except even more complicated lol

go back to lowry/lou?

• BiGtIGeRs

@gaelicgirl said...

There’s your answer

i don’t have a life

• mmmfriedchicken

Kawhi and Gary Harris

or

Tatum and OG A?

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

I’m trying really hard to build as if Ibaka is out and jamming in a bunch of Gasol. Does the lumbering Spaniard have the ability/stamina/ability to avoid fouls required for him to eclipse 25 FD fpts? I want him too, but I can’t convince myself he will. Anyone locking Gasol if Ibaka out?

• Njsum1

@mmmfriedchicken said...

Kawhi and Gary Harris

or

Tatum and OG A?

Imo…,The right answer is always 2 lineups. If they’re $4 entries throw 2 lineups each way into the $1 or 2 $2. Or just make an extra lineup.

Only time these questions are worth asking is after game 1, when players are locked and you have a live lineup, and need to decide between options, and no longer have the option to make 2 lineups.

Unfortunately yesterday after game 1, I had a decision to make between a set of three players and if I chose correctly it was a 30x cash, instead it was 2x 😭 Clearly chose wrong.😬

• Njsum1

@Sleazygreazy said...

I’m trying really hard to build as if Ibaka is out and jamming in a bunch of Gasol. Does the lumbering Spaniard have the ability/stamina/ability to avoid fouls required for him to eclipse 25 FD fpts? I want him too, but I can’t convince myself he will. Anyone locking Gasol if Ibaka out?

I’ve been jamming him in when Ibaka was playing, sooooo…why stop now when the price is lower and the spot is better?

Would I be surprised, if he continues to be terrible…no, no I would not.

• ScofieldReturns

@Njsum1 said...

Imo…,The right answer is always 2 lineups. If they’re $4 entries throw 2 lineups each way into the $1 or 2 $2. Or just make an extra lineup.

Only time these questions are worth asking is after game 1, when players are locked and you have a live lineup, and need to decide between options, and no longer have the option to make 2 lineups.

Unfortunately yesterday after game 1, I had a decision to make between a set of three players and if I chose correctly it was a 30x cash, instead it was 2x 😭 Clearly chose wrong.😬

i only make 1 LU and use it in everything, more profittable to only have 1 LU for cash

• mmmfriedchicken

For sure — have them both in small tournies. I usually do 1x of a 220 or 550$ and throw my best lineup there, so that’s where i’m trying to decide(The 550) — don’t wanna do two 555$ a day currently on a 2 game slate

Any TOR fans have insight into the Boucher V RHJ Debate too? Much appreciated

• BiGtIGeRs

what chance in % does Ibaka play?

• ScofieldReturns

on FD, FVV or PG13? I prefer PG13 but don’t have the extra 300

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).