NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 3 ) at Boston ( -3 ) —- T: 210
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -8 ) at Denver ( 8 ) —- T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• JSteele

@Sleazygreazy said...

Lowry 42
    FVV 42
    OG 38
    Siakam 38
    Gasol 25
    Powell 30
    Other 25

Fair? Or downgrade other

It’s fair for estimates, I think Lowry, FVV, OG, and Siakam all get into the 40s. Some guys were playing 45 minutes in the pivotal game 3, so I think we see a similar cap at 45-46.

• realphipps

If Gasol plays 35 minutes, they’ll carry him outta the bubble in a casket.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Idk which one i hate the most- og, gasol, or suckiam, one of them gotta go.

OG

• Brendan239

Biggest FD ceiling in 25 minutes – Harrell, Z, or Gasol? This LU has Grant/Porter/Milsap.

• JSteele

@Brendan239 said...

Biggest FD ceiling in 25 minutes – Harrell, Z, or Gasol? This LU has Grant/Porter/Milsap.

Zubac for me.

Also you know Porter and Millsap eat into eachothers’ production right?

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

I think Trez has by far the highest ceiling. Z safer. Gasol…who knows

• gaelicgirl

@jdtrey said...

5 of those games were when CP3 was still there (who Foster seems to take issue with)

Everybody hates Chris LOL

• BiGtIGeRs

i’ll have a couple shares of sham

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@realphipps said...

If Gasol plays 35 minutes, they’ll carry him outta the bubble in a casket.

Don’t underestimate the power of the Big Burrito

• IT4MVP

Jaylen/Siakam is interesting Jaylen has been way more consistent but Siakam will be lower owned. Also Smart/Harris is tough

• Brendan239

@JSteele said...

Zubac for me.

Also you know Porter and Millsap eat into eachothers’ production right?

Just trying to be different – I know though. Non-zero chance they combine for 70 FD points?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

HQ finally fixed for me. I’m getting 92% Gasol on FD right now assuming Ibaka is out

• Danielv22

@JSteele said...

I posted my thoughts on the Raptors earlier in the thread but i’ll recap again.

Raptors need a win, they will essentially run two lineups.

Lowry, FVV, OG, Siakam, Gasol
    Lowry, FVV, Powell, OG, Siakam

You’ll see some mixing and matching of players but don’t expect many minutes for Boucher, RHJ and whoever else crap bench guy that hasn’t been in the rotation all playoffs. Boucher got minutes last game because of the blowout along with the rest of the bench. Prior to the 4th quarter, he played approximately 3:30.

Norm probably plays 30-32 minutes tonight, Gasol plays 25-28 and the rest of the starters get mid 40s. Ibaka was playing 20-22 minutes a night.

You make a compelling case but Bouch is such a wildcard/x-factor. He had a career game against this same Boston lineup on 12/25 (Gasol and Siakim were out) and in the Bubble, he saw 20+ minutes when Ibaka was out for 3 games, scoring 53 FD fantasy points in one of those games. Gasol saw 0 min increase in those games.

You noted Boucher only played last game because of the blowout, but Ibaka also didn’t get hurt until the 4th quarter, AND it was a blowout, so it muddles the prediction for tonight.

TOR can go small, but it’s not something they usually do and certainly haven’t done in a similar situation weeks ago when Ibaka was out. If Gasol’s minutes don’t increase, like they didn’t then, TOR would need to be small for half the game and Boston has the personnel to counter well (either small w Tatum at the 5, or big with Theis/Time Lord/Kanter).

To me, it seems going small could go sideways and since they can’t give more mins to a worn out Gasol, they’ll give 20 mins or so to Boucher, who has proven himself against Boston, and played those same mins earlier when Ibaka was out.

• JSteele

@Brendan239 said...

Just trying to be different – I know though. Non-zero chance they combine for 70 FD points?

Pretty close to zero. If one is cooking the other will sit, so you really don’t need both, You could just pivot to like a Marcus Morris for other PF spot.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Why does everyone think Gasol cant play more than 25 mins?

• mmmfriedchicken

@Danielv22 said...

You make a compelling case but Bouch is such a wildcard/x-factor. He had a career game against this same Boston lineup on 12/25 (Gasol and Siakim were out) and in the Bubble, he saw 20+ minutes when Ibaka was out for 3 games, scoring 53 FD fantasy points in one of those games. Gasol saw 0 min increase in those games.

You noted Boucher only played last game because of the blowout, but Ibaka also didn’t get hurt until the 4th quarter, AND it was a blowout, so it muddles the prediction for tonight.

TOR can go small, but it’s not something they usually do and certainly haven’t done in a similar situation weeks ago when Ibaka was out. If Gasol’s minutes don’t increase, like they didn’t then, TOR would need to be small for half the game and Boston has the personnel to counter well (either small w Tatum at the 5, or big with Theis/Time Lord/Kanter).

To me, it seems going small could go sideways and since they can’t give more mins to a worn out Gasol, they’ll give 20 mins or so to Boucher, who has proven himself against Boston, and played those same mins earlier when Ibaka was out.

Thanks for the write-up Dan —— good stuff

• Brendan239

If I win this $100k tonight I’m divorcing my wife tomorrow. A month ago the day after our birthday, the guys wife she had been sleeping with the past year called me and sent me all of the texts and proof she had. She’s back at home trying to make things right again (2 kids), but I don’t think I can do it after seeing the black and white. This bag will help me move on with no strings.

Wish me luck!

• JSteele

@Danielv22 said...

First off, let me just say I’m enjoying this back and forth. This is how discussions on this forum should be.

Secondly, throw out everything you know from previous games and the 3 rest games the Raptors played at the end of the Bubble season. The Christmas game was a blowout which meant extended minutes for Boucher. Powell was also not playing in addition to the guys you mentioned. Then you also had the rest of the starters playing way less minutes than they are playing in these playoffs.

I’m not saying Boucher doesn’t get into the game. I think he just doesn’t see enough minutes to be a slam dunk smash. Increasing Gasol’s minutes to 25 and playing Powell 35 minutes basically covers Ibaka’s 20-22 minutes a night.

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

If I win this $100k tonight I’m divorcing my wife tomorrow. A month ago the day after our birthday, the guys wife she had been sleeping with the past year called me and sent me all of the texts and proof she had. She’s back at home trying to make things right again (2 kids), but I don’t think I can do it after seeing the black and white. This bag will help me move on with no strings.

Wish me luck!

You have the same birthday?

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

You have the same birthday?

LMAO, the only appropriate response.

JFC Brendan, get outta there already unless she’s supporting your degeneracy…then, stick it out and rack her friend!

If you’re in CA and need an attorney, hit me in the DM bruh

• vick325

Bev/theis or Lou/Morris? Gpp

• JSteele

@Brendan239 said...

Wish me luck!

You’ll have to split the winnings with her and the government!

• ninogarzone

All the talk about Ibaka being out does anyone else agree this could be over quickly? Ibaka has been a huge source of scoring and contributing this whole series. I could see Boston running away with this one. Fire up. Boucher Williams n Wanamaker!!

• Danielv22

Great points and good catch on the missing Powell back then. You’re probably right. Powell and Gasol are the vets who it would make sense for NN to turn to first for an elimination game plan. I’m hesitant to lock in Boucher and Powell at 3.9 is a great play.

It still remains that TOR has more practice playing big w/Boucher then playing small with Powell. All it will take is for that to go sideways or for Gasol to lose steam for NN to turn to Boucher as a Plan B. I only make a few lineups but I’ll play Boucher in a couple just in case. Good luck though!

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

Why does everyone think Gasol cant play more than 25 mins?

It’s in the rule book, right next to everything posted on the first page of the RG nba thread is 🐂💩 🤪

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).