• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -10 ) at New York ( 10 ) —- T: 228
    3:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 1.5 ) at Houston ( -1.5 ) —- T: 220.5
    5:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at Boston ( -3.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: 234.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 6 ) at Utah ( -6 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Woo!! Merry Christm…wait, what’s today? Shoot! Well at least I get some extra time to do research.

Fun fact. CP3 is still out and tomorrow is Eric Gordon birthday. For those that like playing the narrative game.

• superjon

Here are how all the studs have done on Christmas using FD scoring. Format is Player – # of games – Avg – Ceiling (Avg and Ceiling are rounded)

Harden – 6 – 44 – 67

ABC – None

Lebron – 12 – 49 – 68

RWB – 8 – 51 – 67

Durant – 8 – 52 – 65

PG13 – 1 – 34

Embiid – 1 – 52

Curry – 6 – 32 – 40

Simmons – 1 – 26

Dame – None

Capela – 2 – 26 – 37

Irving – 4 – 38 – 66

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

Hope you all have a fantastic holiday! Hope you were good enough this year for Santa to bring you a little bank roll deposit this year!

• monarch

Those East Coast games are standing out to me. Not a lot of defense to be played.

• superjon

Really disappointed that the 0.25 Fadeaway on FD is only $500 for 1st.

Really should have been $2,500

• P0key

@superjon said...

Here are how all the studs have done on Christmas using FD scoring. Format is Player – # of games – Avg – Ceiling (Avg and Ceiling are rounded)

Harden – 6 – 44 – 67

ABC – None

Lebron – 12 – 49 – 68

RWB – 8 – 51 – 67

Durant – 8 – 52 – 65

PG13 – 1 – 34

Embiid – 1 – 52

Curry – 6 – 32 – 40

Simmons – 1 – 26

Dame – None

Capela – 2 – 26 – 37

Irving – 4 – 38 – 66

Gracias

• CJtheGrump

Only thing that concerns me is how spread out the games are and how NBA injury news is such a sideshow.

But my biggest NBA win came on a slate like this a few years ago.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@CJtheGrump said...

Only thing that concerns me is how spread out the games are and how NBA injury news is such a sideshow.

But my biggest NBA win came on a slate like this a few years ago.

Yeah, I mentioned this in last nights thread. 5 teams played last night that are playing tomorrow. I think everyone escaped unscathed. Durant hurt his ankle and came back in. I guess it could be swollen up today leaving him questionable. McGee is already uncertain, which is pretty big since Zubac Zensation has started. Other than that I think everyone should be good to go. I guess we just have to make sure no one gets sick.

• scott33

Giannis had 75 FD pts last time in NY. Simmons struggles against Boston, Embiid does alright correct?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

Narrative alert: Jesus triple-doubles tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everybody.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

If Harden shows up to the game with a white beard he is a lock…otherwise I’m not sure!

• noddy

Anyone else think the Bucks-Knicks total is low?

• Njsum1

@RandysCrow said...

If Harden shows up to the game with a white beard he is a lock…otherwise I’m not sure!

Lol

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

McGee is already uncertain, which is pretty big since Zubac Zensation has started

You think Zubac gets run off the court against GS? That’s my only concern, don’t know if I’m overthinking it or not. He’s min price on Yahoo. Thinking of taking a shot at their $20 1 million GPP with 250k guaranteed overlay. $20 is more than I would normally spend on a single lineup, so I don’t want to start a guy who sees minimal run.

Anyone feel free to chime in, if you have an opinion on Zubac if McGee is out. Lock or concerned? Also feel like McGee will do his best to play against his old team.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Anyone feel free to chime in, if you have an opinion on Zubac if McGee is out. Lock or concerned? Also feel like McGee will do his best to play against his old team.

Golden State did change their lineup and started Dray at center last night. I would presume they will do the same thing on Christmas Day. If that is the case, I would think Zubac is useless in that matchup.

As of the moment, I am leaning towards BroLo as my center.

• noddy

Not much value tomorrow if at all except for maybe Zubac I’d McGee is out

• Njsum1

@RandysCrow said...

Golden State did change their lineup and started Dray at center last night. I would presume they will do the same thing on Christmas Day. If that is the case, I would think Zubac is useless in that matchup.

As of the moment, I am leaning towards BroLo as my center.

I was looking at Brolo…yet he’s as variant as they come though. However, it’s a solid matchup, that he’s done well in before. Essentially was looking at Zubac/Giannis or Brolo/Durant or Brolo/George on Yahoo.

• monarch

@noddy said...

Not much value tomorrow if at all except for maybe Zubac I’d McGee is out

True but pricing seems soft

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

You think Zubac gets run off the court against GS? That’s my only concern, don’t know if I’m overthinking it or not. He’s min price on Yahoo. Thinking of taking a shot at their $20 1 million GPP with 250k guaranteed overlay. $20 is more than I would normally spend on a single lineup, so I don’t want to start a guy who sees minimal run.

Very possible. It seems like the trend against Golden State though is, if your center is one of your absolute best players they just stay on the court no matter what. What they bring in other areas is worth keeping on the floor. DeAndre Jordan the other night for example is similar in size to Zubac, not 100% sure how they compare athletically, and he stayed on the floor and had a really good game. Big centers who can keep up usually do alright for themselves in the match up. Enough is going on they rack up boards, put backs, blocks, and so on. Plus they usually end up with the size advantage in the post on the offensive end.

• noddy

@monarch said...

True but pricing seems soft

But you use a stud and then your avg per player left on DK is like 5600

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@noddy said...

But you use a stud and then your avg per player left on DK is like 5600

Yeah, I don’t think the pricing is soft overall. There’s a few guys that stick out like a sore thumb that lead you to believe that, but then there’s several guys who are near as expensive or more expensive they’ve ever been or are about the exact same price as they have been. I plugged in Westbrook and Harden and then LBJ and Harden and couldn’t build anything I liked at all, which shouldn’t be the case if the pricing is soft.

• monarch

I just see a lot of guys like Brogdon, Knox, Rozier, Butler, Ingram, Rubio. They are all priced way below what they are capable of. I dont like the studs that much other than the Greek. Horford is stupid cheap as well if he gets 30 minutes.

• noddy

Probably a dumb question but are the showdown double ups hard to cash?

• deepfat

I have kind of a noob question if y’all will indulge me. I recently was reading some info about ownership and Awesemo was quoted as saying that he doesn’t believe that ownership means as much in NBA DFS as maybe other sports. Now I’ve played MLB and Golf for the past two years and that certainly isn’t true there, especially in MLB GPPs where it’s not uncommon to see 70% + ownership on any given night. I’ve been going back and looking at some of the lineups that have won NBA GPPs I’m in and there’s some pretty chalky lineups. A lot chalkier on average than you see in MLB or PGA.

Do you guys put a lot of stock in projected ownership? Or is that more if you’re looking to consistently score high in GPPs vice just aiming to consistently cash out?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I just see a lot of guys like Brogdon, Knox, Rozier, Butler, Ingram, Rubio. They are all priced way below what they are capable of. I dont like the studs that much other than the Greek. Horford is stupid cheap as well if he gets 30 minutes.

It looks to me like they purposefully put a discount on that POR/UTA game. Maybe because it’s the last game of the day? A couple guys seem normally priced like Mitchell and Favors, but McCollum at 5.9, Dame at 7.8, Rubio like you mentioned are all way under priced. Nurkic is 6.1K.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).