• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -10 ) at New York ( 10 ) —- T: 228
    3:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 1.5 ) at Houston ( -1.5 ) —- T: 220.5
    5:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at Boston ( -3.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: 234.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 6 ) at Utah ( -6 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jess701

@noddy said...

Probably a dumb question but are the showdown double ups hard to cash?

I do $2.00 x10 multipliers and about 4 a night and won about $220 in about less then a week! on dk.

• noddy

@jess701 said...

I do $2.00 x10 multipliers and about 4 a night and won about $220 in about less then a week! on dk.

Sweet. I want to play some showdowns tomorrow but I’m not very good

• noddy

@Pandamonious said...

It looks to me like they purposefully put a discount on that POR/UTA game. Maybe because it’s the last game of the day? A couple guys seem normally priced like Mitchell and Favors, but McCollum at 5.9, Dame at 7.8, Rubio like you mentioned are all way under priced. Nurkic is 6.1K.

That last game is also the lowest total by far

• jess701

do you usually play only large tourny,s (gpp) if so I suggest not to switch this late!

• noddy

@jess701 said...

do you usually play only large tourny,s (gpp) if so I suggest not to switch this late!

Well I never win anything and I have nothing to do all day tomorrow so I want action on each game so I’m not bored out of my mind

• jess701

you on dk or fanduel or yahoo

• JustDFSin

@jess701 said...

Showdowns in NBA are a lot easier especially when the show down game has people out do to injuries or when you get news a 1000 player is starting. It’s a lot easier . Never fade the chalk

• jess701

I find when I do my lineups I find 1 high priced stud and one medium price stud and the rest average price. works for me most times and if I go to low on like more then one player I get screwed always!

• jess701

@JustDFSin said...

Showdowns in NBA are a lot easier especially when the show down game has people out do to injuries or when you get news a 1000 player is starting. It’s a lot easier . Never fade the chalk

thanks man for info!!!

• noddy

@jess701 said...

you on dk or fanduel or yahoo

Yes lol. Showdowns would be on DK. Best strategy there?

• jess701

@noddy said...

Yes lol. Showdowns would be on DK. Best strategy there?

going to go check them out now!!

• monarch

Dame at 7.8k is crazy. It’s not like the Jazz are loaded with gifted perimeter defenders…he lit them up several times last season.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I mentioned this in last nights thread. 5 teams played last night that are playing tomorrow. I think everyone escaped unscathed. Durant hurt his ankle and came back in. I guess it could be swollen up today leaving him questionable. McGee is already uncertain, which is pretty big since Zubac Zensation has started. Other than that I think everyone should be good to go. I guess we just have to make sure no one gets sick.

On FD I think you have to build with Zubac and if Chandler and McGee play, that is your zero.

• keephustlincuz

@tmarohl said...

On FD I think you have to build with Zubac and if Chandler and McGee play, that is your zero.

I did just that a while ago. It’s a stretch but you can jam in westy, harden and abc.

• hobbes2d

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I mentioned this in last nights thread. 5 teams played last night that are playing tomorrow. I think everyone escaped unscathed. Durant hurt his ankle and came back in. I guess it could be swollen up today leaving him questionable. McGee is already uncertain, which is pretty big since Zubac Zensation has started. Other than that I think everyone should be good to go. I guess we just have to make sure no one gets sick.

I couldn’t be happier Zubac is getting run. I’ve been a truther ever since he dominated Jokic during his rookie year and won me $.

• hobbes2d

@JustDFSin said...

On the contrary the best way to win Showdown is to find a non chalk guy who matches up well vs the opposing team.

• eatmyturf23

@RandysCrow said...

Hope you all have a fantastic holiday! Hope you were good enough this year for Santa to bring you a little bank roll deposit this year!

Hanging the DFS stockings for everyone! Drop some cash in there, Daily Fantasy Santa!

• hobbes2d

@Njsum1 said...

You think Zubac gets run off the court against GS? That’s my only concern, don’t know if I’m overthinking it or not. He’s min price on Yahoo. Thinking of taking a shot at their $20 1 million GPP with 250k guaranteed overlay. $20 is more than I would normally spend on a single lineup, so I don’t want to start a guy who sees minimal run.

Anyone feel free to chime in, if you have an opinion on Zubac if McGee is out. Lock or concerned? Also feel like McGee will do his best to play against his old team.

Centers always smash GS and they generally always play a C. Looney/Bell/etc.

• eatmyturf23

@RandysCrow said...

If Harden shows up to the game with a white beard he is a lock…otherwise I’m not sure!

This post wins the thread already.

• eatmyturf23

@Epignosis said...

Narrative alert: Jesus triple-doubles tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Your post comes in a close second. :) Nicely done. Merry xmas!

• dpalltheway

Lillard could break the slate tomorrow. First Christmas game against a team that just beat them by 30. He’s going to be ultra aggressive.

• hobbes2d

@RandysCrow said...

Golden State did change their lineup and started Dray at center last night. I would presume they will do the same thing on Christmas Day. If that is the case, I would think Zubac is useless in that matchup.

As of the moment, I am leaning towards BroLo as my center.

Think of who their opponent was though. Clippers don’t have a real C. Gortat is dead and played just 11 mins the entire game. Harrell would have played even more had he not gotten into foul trouble. He only played like 6 mins the entire first half. So they had either Mike Scott or Gallinari playing the 5 for like half the first half.

The Lakers won’t do this. They will likely have Zubac or Chandler or god forbid Kuzma at the 5 lmao.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

It probably just means it’s not the way to go, but I will say on DK if you don’t go higher than Kyrie in price you can make some really deep good looking line ups. Dame/Kyrie/Butler/ then one budget guy and load up on those mid 5 to mid 6 guys.

• gaelicgirl

Going for it on Yahoo tomorrow with $10.50 worth of entries! Max entering the $0.25 with 10 LUs, then putting my favorite 6 LUs in the $1 4-entry max and $2 2-entry max.
    If I can connect on just one for first place, I’ll be like

• hobbes2d

@Pandamonious said...

It probably just means it’s not the way to go, but I will say on DK if you don’t go higher than Kyrie in price you can make some really deep good looking line ups. Dame/Kyrie/Butler/ then one budget guy and load up on those mid 5 to mid 6 guys.

The Knicks guys are all mid tier but there’s some great potential in there. Knox and Mudiay for example both smashed vs Philly earlier this year. THJ seems healthier now and obviously could get 40+ too.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).