• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2.5 ) at Toronto ( 2.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    2:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 1 ) at Philadelphia ( -1 ) —- T: 222.5
    5:00 PM EST : Houston ( -10 ) at Golden St ( 10 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at LA Lakers ( -1 ) —- T: 223.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 10 ) at Denver ( -10 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Tucker is going to be insanely popular I feel like. He’s playing like 35 mins at that price vs. a terrible team.

At his price it’s hard not to play him. I bet he is super popular on DK

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

Anyone else get the feeling that the Warriors actually show up tomorrow? I keep getting the feeling that Draymond smashes tomorrow and I should raise his projection. I could just be trying to talk it into existence

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

yea lol I asked the DK rep about it. They need to consider some more interesting things lol. I mean it’s not even that crazy to do this because it’s not like everyone is going to choose Steph at that negative price with a guaranteed 0. Just makes it more interseting.

It would of been funny if that was already implemented when Hayward came back and instead of being 3k he was -2k. I bet there would still be people saying it was a trap and to fade lol

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I think Kawhi is a reasonable pivot off Giannis

You really hate Giannis don’t you? Play them both

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Dang so I just realized the DK tournament is 2.5M prize pool and 1 M to first? Why do they keep doing this. I would play MORE entries if it paid only like 400k or even up to 600k to first. There literally is no difference in utility for someone who wins 400k-600k vs. 1 million, whereas there’s a ton more utility gained from the overall users who now 2x min cash rather than 1.5x min cash or who cash vs. don’t cash near the cutoff line. That extra 400-600k in min cashes is so significant for a lot of players.

How do people not know this? Litearlly, I don’t think a SINGLE PERSON would complain if the first prize was 400k-600k tomorrow and the payout was more balanced. Is DK aware of this? Can someone let them know please? I mean I’ll still play because it’s 1 M and I’ll be happy if I win the 1 M and gladly take it, but I honestly submit 2x my entires if it’s 600k to first with a balanced payout.

I know this, and it pisses me off.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

If they made Steph Curry -2k tomorrow, would you play him?

Just a though experiment.

Yes, I would take that zero if I knew I could make up for it with the extra grand or so elsewhere.

• RWilder

Man I’m playing a lot of the same players. Please be right!!🤞🤞🙏🙏

• gaelicgirl

@theIrrigator said...

Anyone else get the feeling that the Warriors actually show up tomorrow? I keep getting the feeling that Draymond smashes tomorrow and I should raise his projection. I could just be trying to talk it into existence

Yes

Like tmarohl said, it’s Christmas Day – the stars are going to twinkle. And this will be the first Christmas Day game that many of the non-stars have ever played, so they’re going to try hard to twinkle LOL

• depalma13

@ripking said...

Who is your low owned gpp dart? I’ll take Danny green. Who’s next?

Ennis, 6x+ minimum.

• Wynter12

This slate feels good. Suspiciously good, but I like it. It feels like you have to open up your player pool wider than usual. Who is about to have a huge Christmas game and flying under the radar?

I’m really digging Lowry and Draymond as far as popular plays. Although I have some DRuss because it’s an environment he can do well in. Kemba can drop a random bomb too.

Burks will be popular I’m sure, but I’m leaning towards Lee. And I keep finding myself in the range under 4k because it feels like I’m missing a play there.

• superjon

Some Christmas history for the studs on FD

James Harden – 7 games. Scored over 60 in his last 2. Never scored 50 in the other 5.

Giannis – 1 game. 67 fpts

Anthony Davis – 1 games (in 2015). 70 fpts

Joel Embid – 2 games. 57 and 51 fpts

Lebron James – 13 games. Scored 40 or more in 11 games, and 50 or more in 5 games.

Russell Westbrook – 9 games. 48 or more in 6 games. Avg 60 over his last 5.

Nikola Jokic – 0 games

Kawhi Leonard – 3 games. 54 and 58 were his 2 best

Obviously a lot of these players are either on different teams or playing with a completely different group of players.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

You really hate Giannis don’t you? Play them both

I’m playing a lot of Giannis. At a 7x multiple he would need to beat Kawhi by over 20 DK point tomorrow to be a clearly better play. Kawhi could go off with extended minutes vs a team that isnt really suited to defend him. The Lakers have wonderful defensive guards but they are too small for Kawhi.

• Turnabuck

Anyone on Wesley Matthews? Can’t decide between WM and Danny Green for my guard spot on DK. I have 4k left. Also haven’t heard Tatum’s name mentioned in this thread.

• kdsdawg

is Hayward on a minutes restriction, was looking at Grant Williams for cheap

• monarch

@Turnabuck said...

Anyone on Wesley Matthews? Can’t decide between WM and Danny Green for my guard spot on DK. I have 4k left. Also haven’t heard Tatum’s name mentioned in this thread.

I think Tatum takes a slight hit with Hayward back but he just popped off and I could see him doing very well vs RHJ and whoever else they trot out

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Agree. That’s my biggest complaint about fan duel. The payoffs are way too top heavy.

• telestraightshooter

Kanter to play 1st game out of US in years as Canada never guaranteed him safe passage in previous games.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/celtics-player-enes-kanter-permitted-play-canada-despite-threat-arrest-n1106771

• telestraightshooter

@superjon said...

Some Christmas history for the studs on FD

James Harden – 7 games. Scored over 60 in his last 2. Never scored 50 in the other 5.

Giannis – 1 game. 67 fpts

Anthony Davis – 1 games (in 2015). 70 fpts

Joel Embid – 2 games. 57 and 51 fpts

Lebron James – 13 games. Scored 40 or more in 11 games, and 50 or more in 5 games.

Russell Westbrook – 9 games. 48 or more in 6 games. Avg 60 over his last 5.

Nikola Jokic – 0 games

Kawhi Leonard – 3 games. 54 and 58 were his 2 best

Obviously a lot of these players are either on different teams or playing with a completely different group of players.

Recent Best/Worst Matchups dK
    https://www.linestarapp.com/DailyDashboard/Sport/NBA/Site/DraftKings

Hot G. Antetokounmpo (MIL): Scored 87.12 vs PHI past 2 games
    Hot J. Embiid (PHI): Scored 80 vs MIL past 2 games

Last 2 years of bucks vs 76ers

• ABC is +20 = 83 per36
    • Joel is +17 = 73 per36

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

4 spots left in the Forum contest

25% Payout Zone, 22% to 1st, 1.44x min cash,
    $0 in Guaranteed Overlay and Bleals bonuses. Throw in Bragging rights and I think it’s the best contest out there

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/83653923

• Pboy987

How about jrue holliday today?

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@theIrrigator said...

I have that feeling as well. Though it could just be indigestion.

• telestraightshooter

@superstars92 said...

Tucker is going to be insanely popular I feel like. He’s playing like 35 mins at that price vs. a terrible team.

Hot P.J. Tucker (HOU): Scored 35.21 vs GSW past 6 games
    45.75 in last on 11.6

• choppadown

@monarch said...

I think Tatum takes a slight hit with Hayward back but he just popped off and I could see him doing very well vs RHJ and whoever else they trot out

I went down from Ibanka to Tatum so I could pay up a bit at SG/PG, we shall see, on FD with no late swap this is going to be a set it and forget it type day.

• DC2380

What was the winning lineup last year? Asking for a friend? lol

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

So FD already filled their big 12.25 Santa Slam? The one that was more balanced? 200K to first, 1 million pool? Wasn’t that over 100K entries? DK’s is only about 65% full? That should tell you everything. DK will still tell you that the big 1st place prize attracts people and they fill faster, but they’re so wrong and so stuck in their ways of how to do things. The casuals are mostly gone and faded out and the casuals aren’t dropping $25 on an entry fee and if they are it’s only 1 and a bunch of people playing a single entry aren’t going to fill a contest of that size. The hardcore players like myself and others here know there is nothing good about the contest DK is running today and it’s a total money pit to everyone who enters it except for about .0004%.

Anyway, it’ll make a couple people extremely happy today. Hope I’m one of the couple, since what else am I supposed to do?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).