NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

Lead Forum Mod

Friday, 2/17
    8:00 PM EST : World ( 0 ) vs U.S. ( 0 ) —- T: —

Sunday, 2/19
    8:00 PM EST : East ( 0 ) at West ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• sadot88

Well this is going to be a crapshoot. Proceeds to throw money at it

• dmbtrip2004

I had all the different lineups and I won $5. I cant believe the lineup that took it all on FD.

• CoreJunkie

uh….hasn’t happened yet.

• clrockny24

I have a question about the ball they used for the all star game. Doesn’t it seem bouncier? This is something I was always curious about.

• bobo1096

^ dat good weed tho

• okbosox26

@sadot88 said...

Well this is going to be a crapshoot. Proceeds to throw money at it

True that. “What if I pick the exact right players?” says the back of my mind

• TeamTwerk

So this US v World is the new form of the Rising Stars event, right? I don’t remember how these things normally play out. Everybody gets playing time and it is extremely casual?

• clrockny24

I believe so. The schedule I saw was rising stars challenge at 9. It used to be Rookies vs Sophomores. Not sure about playing time, but I’m sure there is little to no defense.

• eturnal757

The World team, has the better Bigs, Embiid jokic and porzingis. U.S. only has Towns and Myles Turner

• clrockny24

USA won 157-154 last year. Lavine was MVP. Porzingis had 30 pts 5 reb for the WORLD

• Cooper08

Don’t spend up on big men…spend on guards and the other players who can get up and down..guards typically play more minutes, make sure you use utility spot for a guard..only big I may pay up for would be AD..rebounds are typically long as many shots will be well beyond the three point line..if playing an all star make sure it’s a starter, they typically get 22-26 mins, bench gets 13-19.. usually one bench players does well between the two teams but that is a crapshoot..

• kylar18

Looking at Box scores from the past couple all star games the playing time isn’t as spread out as say the Pro Bowl in the NFL. Most of the starters get at least 20 minutes, some of them have gotten over 30 minutes of playing time. Most of the reserves don’t get more then 15 minutes of time but a couple get 20-25 minutes, that’s the way it’s gone the past few seasons if you look at the box scores.

• kylar18

And yeah what Cooper08 said is right, the big guys are usually a mistake unless they’re playing for something. Like Davis being a starter and playing at home I’d be much more likely to play him then say, Draymond off the bench even though he’s super cheap it’s not really worth it. The guards and small forwards are the ones who score all the points and the past 3 all star games there has been at least 1 player to drop 40 real points in the game

• sadot88

Based on the last several All Star Games I’d say Westbrook is a must-play. Especially since he’ll probably be pissed off that he has to come off the bench this year despite averaging a triple double and he costs less than 10K

• jcrebs

Rosters lock on Friday night for USA vs World, lots of things can happen in the Big Easy before Sunday nights game. I’ll play one lineup and stack the early game.

• Cooper08

@sadot88 said...

Based on the last several All Star Games I’d say Westbrook is a must-play. Especially since he’ll probably be pissed off that he has to come off the bench this year despite averaging a triple double and he costs less than 10K

RWB is costly, not sure he will hit his 6x…Kerr is coach so could very easily limit his minutes for his own players..keep in mind the scores of these games from the past..you need players who will hit 6-8x value min..my two favorite plays right now are Hield and Murray..

• BUFUu2

@Cooper08 said...

Don’t spend up on big men…spend on guards and the other players who can get up and down..guards typically play more minutes, make sure you use utility spot for a guard..only big I may pay up for would be AD..rebounds are typically long as many shots will be well beyond the three point line..if playing an all star make sure it’s a starter, they typically get 22-26 mins, bench gets 13-19.. usually one bench players does well between the two teams but that is a crapshoot..

I got out of nba for a long time i use to be a old hornets fan… Last all star game i watched came from when glen rice won mvp…… he came of the bench… I am going with hayward to be that stud this year

• 7klub06

RWB, Harden, James or Curry will be All-Star MVP. With that being said as always first quarter starts out as a highlight show, 2nd quarter Is a shoot out contest. 3rd quarter is both and then 4th quarter is when it get serious. Expect Harden/Curry/Irving to have a lot of assists in my opinion.

• ludagrizz

@BUFUu2 said...

I got out of nba for a long time i use to be a old hornets fan… Last all star game i watched came from when glen rice won mvp…… he came of the bench… I am going with hayward to be that stud this year

Anyone thinking Hayward will get more than 15 min is dumbbbb

• sadot88

Even in 22 minutes, Westbrook put up 31, 8, and 5 with 7 threes last year. I can’t fade 2017 Russ, who will also be pissed. But I will have a lot of exposure from the rising stars game. I love Devin Booker, D’Angelo, and Murray the most. I’d lock in Mudiay too if he wasn’t still injured.

• frugal

Just looked at the slate. Looking at the All-Star starters…who on the East is going to guard Davis? I mean, I know they don’t play defense anyway but the there’s not even an east PF in the starting lineup. And I think I have to roste Westbrook. Dude is pissed he didn’t win a starting spot and has won the All-Star MVP 2 years in a row. He’ll be the guy at the park who’s takes a casual game too serious…

• frugal

Is Embiid gong to play in the Rising stars game?

• erizos17

@frugal said...

No he’s not included in the players you can draft on DK.

• Cooper08

@frugal said...

No…neither is Muddiay.. I think Willy replaced someone..

• ripking

Thoughts on the joker?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get a FREE 3-month subscription to our FanDuel Premium content (a ~$90 value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 3 months. That’s a ~$90 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

Sign up for FantasyDraft through one of our links and say you were referred by “GRINDERS” to receive a cashback bonus of 4% on all entry fees (up to $5,000) for 90 days after your first deposit. You’ll also receive a comped 3-month subscription to our FantasyDraft Premium content, an additional ~$90 value FREE!

Learn More
  • Draft

Create your account using Draft promo code “GRINDERS” and receive a free $3 Entry as well as TONS of exclusive Grinders-only perks.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.