NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, June 10th

9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 1.5 ) at Toronto ( -1.5 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

I have to disagree.

Looney and KD are out. Draymond is one technical away from being suspended in Game 7.

By the way, GS with some terrible play at the end. The backcourt violation play and Boogie with a blatant moving screen in a huge spot.

Toronto had one of their classic “run the shot clock all the way down and either turn it over or throw up a terrible shot” possessions to help.

Toronto should be favored to win this series at this point.

I think Toronto has more depth, but you can’t underestimate the heart of a champion as well as momentum. I thought the Bucks had Toronto, and then they pulled that overtime game out of their a$$, and never looked back. Warriors could do the same thing, although I am not expecting it.

• tmarohl

https://www.theringer.com/2019/6/11/18660916/kevin-durant-warriors-achilles-injury-nba-finals

• pocket7ns

After game five I now have two 1st place finishes in these showdown GPP’s in the last month. tonight was only $3.3k payout on D.K., due to the duplicate lineups, so congrats to everyone who saw the same thing I did with the Gasol at Captain lineup. Sucks to see KD go down, but makes game 6 even easier to bet. I don’t plan on having many lineups without “The Boardman” on them for game 6.

• emnj69

got lucky with my bet won by .5 thought raptors would smoke them bigly-now the irony is after winning 4 times betting the raptors I am all in on GS next game at home-raptors blew their shot and I think they will come out flat next game-I dont do daily in these short series but if I did it is a no brainer captain steph next game for all the money

• gaelicgirl

That was a Pyrrhic victory if I ever saw one

Very sad for KD this morning

• emnj69

@gaelicgirl said...

That was a Pyrrhic victory if I ever saw one

Very sad for KD this morning

I feel bad for him. I think most knew him playing was risky to say the least. I think he wanted to play and also think he felt unfair pressure to play. Many on here heard the whispers of achilles problems and said as much so I think there was fire where there was smoke.

• gaelicgirl

@emnj69 said...

I feel bad for him. I think most knew him playing was risky to say the least. I think he wanted to play and also think he felt unfair pressure to play. Many on here heard the whispers of achilles problems and said as much so I think there was fire where there was smoke.

Yeah, he wanted to play. He probably felt they had no chance to win without him, like everyone else, so there was also pressure. That said, I really don’t think the training staff would have let him play if they didn’t feel like he was ready.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Yeah, he wanted to play. He probably felt they had no chance to win without him, like everyone else, so there was also pressure. That said, I really don’t think the training staff would have let him play if they didn’t feel like he was ready.

“Family, teammates and confidants routinely checked on Durant during his quest to rejoin his guys on the court. Each time, Durant explained that he was working to speed up the process but was still experiencing discomfort pushing off his right foot, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Sources described Durant as being in agony because he was unable to help his teammates.”

“Even though he was cleared for Game 5, Durant was not anywhere close to 100 percent, sources said. The individual workout sessions and the light practice session on Sunday could not simulate the rigors of an ultra-competitive championship game.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/an-upclose-look-at-the-night-that-may-have-changed-kevin-durants-career-forever-091954295.html

Bottom line is he wanted to play, team wanted him to play, and he was not ready to play. I still think someone should get fired over this, and the NBA should do an investigation because I believe they lied to the public the whole time. It would be interesting to find out what they told KD. This was never strictly a calf injury in my opinion.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@tmarohl said...

Bottom line is he wanted to play, team wanted him to play, and he was not ready to play. I still think someone should get fired over this, and the NBA should do an investigation because I believe they lied to the public the whole time. It would be interesting to find out what they told KD. This was never strictly a calf injury in my opinion.

Very much agree. I think the Warriors organization knowingly jeopardized Durant’s health in this case to get him back out there. The finals being the most important games didn’t change his recovery timetable going into this one. They were so deceptive about his injury the whole time, but to me it was obvious that the previous injury was also to the Achilles. It’s just not something that a player should risk or be pressured into playing with, and it is a big deal. Someone is accountable within the Warriors organization.

• emnj69

a few folks had said before hand durant was not ready to play -some “experts” said for a while now he should not see the court the rest of the year. I think KD probably pushed to play but the organization(in my opinion) put their title hopes above his health

• emnj69

I believe at home GS wins easily game 6 the toronto closes it out in game 7 and will be betting accordingly. I am 4-0 betting the series although in full disclosure last nights win by .5 was pure luck and a result of the line move thanks to KD

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Bottom line is he wanted to play, team wanted him to play, and he was not ready to play.

All I know for sure is that their training staff has historically chosen to err on the side of caution when it comes to injuries. Holding Klay out for Game 3 against his wishes is the most recent example of that, but there have been many instances where they’ve opted to hold players out for an extra day of recovery just to play it safe. Just saying I don’t believe it was a case of KD’s desire to play overruling the training staff’s judgment. Klay wasn’t 100% yet when he came back for Game 4, but the risk they took in letting him play was a calculated one. Think the same calculation was made with KD, but with a different result.

• emnj69

@gaelicgirl said...

All I know for sure is that their training staff has historically chosen to err on the side of caution when it comes to injuries. Holding Klay out for Game 3 against his wishes is the most recent example of that, but there have been many instances where they’ve opted to hold players out for an extra day of recovery just to play it safe. Just saying I don’t believe it was a case of KD’s desire to play overruling the training staff’s judgment. Klay wasn’t 100% yet when he came back for Game 4, but the risk they took in letting him play was a calculated one. Think the same calculation was made with KD, but with a different result.

I believe the didnt hold him out because they did not think they could win without him on the court and they thought there was no option to hold out for more rest. There were also many whispers before the game even folks posted here that KD had an achilles injury even though the team was saying a “calf” injury

• Agent47

I knew I should have had some shares of Boogie at only $4.8K on DK but I just couldn’t pull the trigger unfortunately.

• gaelicgirl

@emnj69 said...

I believe the didnt hold him out because they did not think they could win without him on the court and they thought there was no option to hold out for more rest. There were also many whispers before the game even folks posted here that KD had an achilles injury even though the team was saying a “calf” injury

Well, I’m going to have to agree with Livingston’s take on the whole thing:
    “Listen, I know for a fact that our team, Bob and Steve, and the training staff, is not going to compromise their integrity [just to win a game]…They’re always going to put a player first because they look at guys as humans.”
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840493-kevin-durant-risked-everything-and-he-paid-the-ultimate-price

• emnj69

@gaelicgirl said...

Well, I’m going to have to agree with Livingston’s take on the whole thing:
    “Listen, I know for a fact that our team, Bob and Steve, and the training staff, is not going to compromise their integrity [just to win a game]…They’re always going to put a player first because they look at guys as humans.”
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840493-kevin-durant-risked-everything-and-he-paid-the-ultimate-price

we can agree to disagree. I saw Jalen Rose a few days back say after watching KD’s private practice that he did not look good and said he did not think he would be playing the rest of the year

“I’m really familiar with the setup, workout that KD had yesterday with the team,” Rose said, “and I’m going to tell you guys, it didn’t go well on any level. It did not go well on any level. I’m just going to keep it at that.”

“I went from being a guy that thinks that he may come back later in the series,” Rose added. “Now I feel like he might not come back at all.”

• miggs6876

@Yeoman said...

They shouldn’t be switching everything when Cousins is out there, it’s a disaster. He can’t really defend Ibaka on the roll, either, but I don’t know how that could be worse than this was.

I suppose it’s understandable—they didn’t think they were going to play him tonight, and what they did defensively would have made sense with Durant on the court and Green at the 5.

You can slam Boogie all you want. He was a big part of why they won the game. Also, he is not in game shape due to his injuries. Not saying he is a decent defender but it cuts both ways. He was an offensive spark plug when KD went down.

• miggs6876

Of course Toronto are favorites to still win. What you saw last night was the heart of a champion. I don’t think they will lose game 6 at home. Think they will double Leonard more and force someone else to beat them. Skiam can’t drive so he is being reduced to a shooter. Lowry is too inconsistent. FVV and Ibaka seem to be playing well. The warrior defense was pretty good and their 3 point shooting was excellent. Never understand all the Klay haters. When it’s on the line under crucial conditions Klay is a guy I want on my team. Also, a great defender too. Their experience showed. Pressure is on Toronto now…..Double Leonard and make someone else beat them….

• gaelicgirl

@emnj69 said...

we can agree to disagree.

Okay

The armchair trainers are out in force this morning, and the recriminations are flying. Many seem to want to blame the Warriors for pushing KD out there too soon, because of the result. Hindsight is 20-20, and the discussion would be totally different today had the injury not happened. Very interested to see what information comes out over the next several days.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Okay

The armchair trainers are out in force this morning, and the recriminations are flying. Many seem to want to blame the Warriors for pushing KD out there too soon, because of the result. Hindsight is 20-20, and the discussion would be totally different today had the injury not happened. Very interested to see what information comes out over the next several days.

To be fair, I have been being an armchair Doctor every day since Durant’s initial injury. I have said from day one that they were lying. I think that Myers dude should get an academy award for the show he put on last night.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

To be fair, I have been being an armchair Doctor every day since Durant’s initial injury.

I know, and you thought it smelled fishy, too
    LOL
    but I was referring to the media more than people in this forum. On social media, in particular, so much shade was being thrown KD’s way for not playing. Hope that didn’t affect his decision, and that he just wanted to be out there to help his brothers in their time of need. Not buying that the Warriors knowingly put his career in jeopardy, that’s just ridiculous IMO.

• tmarohl

Yeah, I’m sure Durant in some way felt pressured to play because of the narrative on him. You know, the stuff about him joining a front runner, the stuff about him leaving, the stuff that he was milking the injury for a big free agent pay day.

Do you think Durant would have played if the Warriors were winning the series? I don’t, and I also don’t believe he would have been medically cleared if they were winning the series. He wasn’t medically cleared to even participate in practice a few days before. Jalen Rose has reported even when he did that workout on Sunday he did not look good and did not appear ready.

So many questions, and I think the league needs to look into this with a fine tooth comb. Sometime the team has to protect the player from himself. They failed here in my opinion.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@gaelicgirl said...

Okay

If I’m one you’re referring to, I said this would happen well before the game. It’s on page 2 of this thread. Sometimes foresight is 20-20 also.

• telestraightshooter

@miggs6876 said...

You can slam Boogie all you want. He was a big part of why they won the game. Also, he is not in game shape due to his injuries. Not saying he is a decent defender but it cuts both ways. He was an offensive spark plug when KD went down.

True
    Put up 21 dK pts in 6 mins, then just 4, next 14, and played matador for Kyle “da bull” Lowry

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Sometime the team has to protect the player from himself. They failed here in my opinion.

I think he would have played as soon as he was medically cleared, regardless of the series score. Again, the team has a history of protecting players from themselves, and I don’t believe KD could have pressured them into letting him play against the best judgment of the training staff and doctors who collectively deemed him healthy enough to go.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).