NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, June 10th

9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 1.5 ) at Toronto ( -1.5 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tonytone1908

If a gimpy KD comes back to lead the Warriors to a sweep of the final 3 games with 2 being in Toronto, that’s gonna be a story line for the ages. Love my Dubs but since TOR apparently can’t miss a single shot, I really doubt it’ll happen but it would be amazing to see, you’d have to admit.

• gaelicgirl

@shades said...

According to Warriors reporter Monte Poole, Kevin Durant is “expected to be a full go” for Game 5.

My internet has been down since 5 am, just got it back. Thanks for saving me the trouble of posting this LOL

100% Durantula!

• telestraightshooter

If KD can move faster than a slow walk,…
    If his lower calf tendon injury can make KD kat like moves……
    … this has to be one of the all time deceptions in competitive history!

It would be more stunning than the Trojan horse.

Bigger than the IJN 1st carrier div traveling UNDETECTED 8000 nMiles to pearl harbor….

The vegas lines are unmoved by this, on the face of it, absurd report.

It would be cool though if KD was at least 85% recovery.

• yisman

that’s what I find interesting

the line moved on the reports yesterday (down to Toronto -1.5) but the news today about him being a full go didn’t move anything

• Element828

If you make several lineups I don’t think it’s a terrible idea to put Durant in 1 or 2 of them in case he does play full minutes but my opinion is he doesn’t. Also that $10000 price tag…you are looking at 40-50+ fpts to be worth playing him and I think he falls way short if that. I have been wrong before and Durant has the ability to, but to many unknowns. I would rather start w the safety of curry/green/Thompson and maybe look at looney and iggy for savings if looking at any warriors

• ASitar

@tmarohl said...

Low owned, but I don’t think he will be effective.

My thinking is that at Captain, if he still gets 40-45 DK points (not 100%, less minutes, etc) for 60-67 DK points and hope that the players I had to use to put Durant at C still perform. I don’t want him in my non captain spot because the 40-45 might not be enough for that price but its fair for a captain to put that up. And if he does Durant things and puts up 65 DK (for about 100 at C) at 7% Captain ownership then I’m at an advantage

• yisman

@ASitar said...

My thinking is that at Captain, if he still gets 40-45 DK points (not 100%, less minutes, etc) for 60-67 DK points and hope that the players I had to use to put Durant at C still perform. I don’t want him in my non captain spot because the 40-45 might not be enough for that price but its fair for a captain to put that up. And if he does Durant things and puts up 65 DK (for about 100 at C) at 7% Captain ownership then I’m at an advantage

“I don’t want him in my non captain spot because the 40-45 might not be enough for that price but its fair for a captain to put that up.”

no, your lineup would be dead with that production considering what Durant CPT costs

• ASitar

@yisman said...

“I don’t want him in my non captain spot because the 40-45 might not be enough for that price but its fair for a captain to put that up.”

no, your lineup would be dead with that production considering what Durant CPT costs

If the players I have around him are top scorers (respectively) and Durant’s score is higher than any of them it’s a good LU. I’m not punting anyone in that LU so it IS feasible.

• me_mike84

i still think leonard is the lock captain regardless of KD status

• gaelicgirl

The Slim Reaper makes the Hamptons Five lineup possible, hope they use it tonight.

• ASitar

Does Durant in help Ibaka’s playing time? In the regular season Ibaka averaged 32 minutes and 20 points (saw less of a true center in both games). They didn’t have Gasol, but does Durant on the floor help Ibaka stay on the floor more?

• RWilder

Durant is full go guys. Knowing people in the business who watched his practice, I can tell you he will not be on a min restriction.

Take that as you will. Personally this discounts the Warriors on a whole and KD will be taking the lion share of the shots. I’m going 4 Raptors and KD.

• telestraightshooter

The Raptors knows how well KD has recovered.

He’s practiced a couple times in gyms in Canada.

• mcguirknba

@RWilder said...

Durant is full go guys. Knowing people in the business who watched his practice, I can tell you he will not be on a min restriction.

Take that as you will. Personally this discounts the Warriors on a whole and KD will be taking the lion share of the shots. I’m going 4 Raptors and KD.

Maybe KD/Iggy/Cousins might work.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@RWilder said...

I think they’ll have to restrict his minutes when he re-tears his not yet recovered torn achilles that the Warriors are trying to make us believe didn’t happen.

• BerkeleyBoss

@gaelicgirl said...

The Slim Reaper makes the Hamptons Five lineup possible, hope they use it tonight.

I assume they’ll start

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I assume they’ll start

That would be awesome! Hope you’re right.

• noddy

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I assume they’ll start

who?

• tmarohl

@ASitar said...

If the players I have around him are top scorers (respectively) and Durant’s score is higher than any of them it’s a good LU. I’m not punting anyone in that LU so it IS feasible.

I’m projecting Durant for about 16 minutes and about 20 Fantasy Points. I would expect him to be slow, out of shape, not able to move, not able to play defense, and probably not able to jump, which would affect his jumper.

• tmarohl

@escot4 said...

I think they’ll have to restrict his minutes when he re-tears his not yet recovered torn achilles that the Warriors are trying to make us believe didn’t happen.

Agreed.

• gaelicgirl

@noddy said...

who?

Steph, Klay, Andre, KD, Draymond aka the Hamptons Five.

• BerkeleyBoss

@tmarohl said...

Agreed.

You guys really think he tore his achilles and is going to return after 1 month? Is that even possible?

• ASitar

@tmarohl said...

I’m projecting Durant for about 16 minutes and about 20 Fantasy Points. I would expect him to be slow, out of shape, not able to move, not able to play defense, and probably not able to jump, which would affect his jumper.

I think he’ll get 6-8 minutes per quarter, which he can still produce 40-50 DK points in. I’m putting him in 1 at C just to play the low % captain play in the chance he puts up 50-60. Anybody’s guess is as good as mine though. Showdown is a mixture of putting up 🔥 and about choosing low owned plays. He’s one of my low owned plays I hope to catch fire on.

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

You guys really think he tore his achilles and is going to return after 1 month? Is that even possible?

Everyone knows that’s not even possible.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler