NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, June 10th

9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 1.5 ) at Toronto ( -1.5 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

You guys really think he tore his achilles and is going to return after 1 month? Is that even possible?

I don’t think he tore it like Boogie, I think he strained it or had a minor tear.

• Element828

Question…could they have Durant out there to be more of a decoy?

• ASitar

I’m putting Jerebko in 1 (of 4). With the Hampton 5 playing during the two regular season games Jonas got 33 and 24 minutes. Maybe he gets 15-20 minutes and a surprising 20 DK points. Gotta do something different, maybe he’s my 1 punt-punt of the night.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

@ASitar said...

I’m putting Jerebko in 1 (of 4). With the Hampton 5 playing during the two regular season games Jonas got 33 and 24 minutes. Maybe he gets 15-20 minutes and a surprising 20 DK points. Gotta do something different, maybe he’s my 1 punt-punt of the night.

He didn’t get any run last game, and GSW has Durant back. I’m not taking the risk, but I agree it would make your lineup different.

• telestraightshooter

I am amused by the lack of legit footage, even from the dark web, of KD shooting a j.

At best there is a blurry shot of him taking a ?set shot….

Another Shakey, slow mo, blurry one shows him dribbling, like they were tracking bigFoot though the trees.

I
    Am
    Amused

• tmarohl

@telestraightshooter said...

I am amused by the lack of legit footage, even from the dark web, of KD shooting a j.

At best there is a blurry shot of him taking a ?set shot….

Another Shakey, slow mo, blurry one shows him dribbling, like they were tracking bigFoot though the trees.

I
    Am
    Amused

I put Durant in a couple, but am not expecting much or anything out of him at all. If he was close to being able to play, he would have played in game four when they were down 2-1. This smells like a desperation move to me.

• telestraightshooter

Unlike the sharks, the betting public is buying it.

Line has moved:
    ToR -3.5 on sat
    ToR -1.5 before “all systems go”
    ToR -1.5 hr and half later (shark window)
    GsW -1 now (unwashed masses)

That’s 4.5 pts overall, 2.5 last 3 hrs

I am certain mr Silver will be pleased w/ the ratings bump.

• me_mike84

@Element828 said...

Question…could they have Durant out there to be more of a decoy?

this is what i am thinking. that’s why i switched out leonard as my captain for curry

• yisman

@telestraightshooter said...

Unlike the sharks, the betting public is buying it.

Line has moved:
    ToR -3.5 on sat
    ToR -1.5 before “all systems go”
    ToR -1.5 hr and half later (shark window)
    GsW -1 now (unwashed masses)

That’s 4.5 pts overall, 2.5 last 3 hrs

I am certain mr Silver will be pleased w/ the ratings bump.

very delayed reaction today

took over an hour after “full go” reports for it to move

• samuri8

Wait I am confused… I have Around the Horn on and they say Durant is a GTD. Yet I keep hearing “full go”. Seems like conflicting news.

• ASalvaro

DK should have made it more interesting by lowering Durant’s price to say $7,500

• ASitar

@boilermakerbeef said...

He didn’t get any run last game, and GSW has Durant back. I’m not taking the risk, but I agree it would make your lineup different.

14 minutes, 8 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists

• tmarohl

@ASitar said...

14 minutes, 8 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists

That is your guess? I will guess zero minutes, zero points,zero rebounds, zero assists.

• ASitar

@tmarohl said...

That is your guess? I will guess zero minutes, zero points,zero rebounds, zero assists.

You’re prob right. It’s ok though, I have Lowry at Captain in that LU and Dray is my only Dub aside from the Jonas bro. Jerebko prob won’t be why it doesn’t cash anyways….or it’s one of those WTF LUs that somehow puts up 285. Might be the last game, what the hell

• Njsum1

Playing a bunch of raptors and Klay 👍👎🏻🤢🤮😁😎🔥😂

• Agent47

I’ll have Durant in a few of my lineups tonight (thinking less than 50% but we’ll see) in case he’s anywhere close to his usual self at that significantly reduced price that has him costing less than Draymond (on DK). If he has a big game and the Warriors force a Game 6, you know he’ll be in the $11.5-$12K range for that game. So I’ll take a few shots on him in case he delivers big with that discount.

• tmarohl

Even the RG touts are predicting big things for Durant tonight. I just don’t get it. Lets take a logical look at this.
    1) No one has seen him do anything
    2) Too hurt to even be on the bench during any of the other playoff games, supposedly getting treatment! He can get treatment the other 21 hours of the day, why during the games?
    3) Training staff wouldn’t even let him practice before game 4, but now he is “full go” with no minutes restriction?
    4) He is a lethal “jump shooter” Can he even jump? If limited in any way, how does that impact his jumper?
    Smells very fishy to me.

• hobbes2d

@tmarohl said...

Even the RG touts are predicting big things for Durant tonight. I just don’t get it. Lets take a logical look at this.
    1) No one has seen him do anything
    2) Too hurt to even be on the bench during any of the other playoff games, supposedly getting treatment! He can get treatment the other 21 hours of the day, why during the games?
    3) Training staff wouldn’t even let him practice before game 4, but now he is “full go” with no minutes restriction?
    4) He is a lethal “jump shooter” Can he even jump? If limited in any way, how does that impact his jumper?
    Smells very fishy to me.

I think you’re overthinking it. KD even not 100% is still better than anyone the Warriors can run out there. Him playing opens up their offense significantly. Him commanding attention on ISOs means when someone comes to double him he can pass out and they can swing it around for a wide open look.

My guess is Toronto could look to push pace tonight because the Warriors core guys have had to exert a ton of energy in these playoffs/this series already with KD out. KD’s barely practiced and hasn’t played a game in weeks. So even if the Warriors are playing well offensively I have a hard time seeing KD help their defense be any better and it’s been horrible this entire series.

• forthemasters69

I read that with this type of injury he can just wake up one day and feel file…I mean it sounds sketchy but that’s straight from a doctors mouth

he could definitely be a decoy but at the same time i wouldn’t be surprised to see KD dunking on fools today

• tmarohl

@hobbes2d said...

I think you’re overthinking it. KD even not 100% is still better than anyone the Warriors can run out there. Him playing opens up their offense significantly. Him commanding attention on ISOs means when someone comes to double him he can pass out and they can swing it around for a wide open look.

My guess is Toronto could look to push pace tonight because the Warriors core guys have had to exert a ton of energy in these playoffs/this series already with KD out. KD’s barely practiced and hasn’t played a game in weeks. So even if the Warriors are playing well offensively I have a hard time seeing KD help their defense be any better and it’s been horrible this entire series.

Maybe, that is why I am hedging and put him in a couple on each site.
    If they play fast, KD won’t be able to keep up for long.
    I don’t think they will double Durant, at least early, until they can see if he can even move.
    Will he be able to cover anyone?
    Will he be able to step into a jumper, or is he going to basically stand in a corner or at the top of the key and take set shots? That is what I see him doing. Trailing the play up the court, planting himself somewhere, and hope he can hit some uncontested set shots. If he can do that, it will open up the court for other guys. I’m just not buying that we are going to see a healthy Durant.

• Caelixx

Just gonna fade Durant in everything since so many people seem to be getting all over him now… I don’t buy that he’s just suddenly okay to play all these minutes that so many people seem to be currently projecting.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

I will for sure have zero Durant. I’m only doing 2 lineups anyway.

• Im very iffy on kd as well, i could see him not mattering and Toronto blowing them out honestly. They don’t want to bring it back to gs for a game 6.

• BerkeleyBoss

I’m definitely playing KD, but not nearly as much as I would if he were fully healthy. In no way am I saying he’s a lock for his normal 45 or whatever, but at 13.5k on FD, if he’s able to put up his normal output, you’ll be done if you don’t have him. So far he’s in 21 of my 38 lineups.

It actually makes the FD contests WAY more interesting. Generally, it’s pretty straight forward and there are only so many reasonable combinations. Now there are a ton more.

• RWilder

Damn, 38 LUs. I have 6 LOL

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).