NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, June 10th

9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 1.5 ) at Toronto ( -1.5 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

Great game for the Warriors.

• miggs6876

No way Toronto comes back from this loss. GS in 7.

• deadphish

series is definitely going to 7

• tmarohl

Maybe, I don’t know if GS has the horses to win two more.

• P0key

The torture continues..

• dsoglin33

The Bay’s makin noise

• AshNconnor2015

Man.. finished 2.25 points out of first and Boogie was my captain. That put back slam looked good to me.

• deadphish

game 6 line has GS -3.5

• telestraightshooter

The 21 dK pts in 6mins Boogie better show up next game, not BA Boogie!

whats this sourpuss face from being taken out last 15 secs?

• Yeoman

@deadphish said...

no way that is GT!!!

It was damn close—every camera angle but one showed whatever you’d expect the parallax error to give you. But the camera on top of the backboard showed the ball overlapping the rim when Cousins touched it. That’s a line from the front of the rim up and towards the backboard, the entire line is in the cylinder. If that camera doesn’t show a gap between ball and rim it has to be in the cylinder.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I’m not doctor, so you might be right, but my understanding is that he wouldn’t pull up lame like he did if it were a partial tear. Honestly tho, I just really didn’t like how you came in here immediately to brag about predicting the injury.

That makes sense. To clarify, I’d been saying basically that I didn’t think it was right for the Warriors to play Durant. Tone is hard to convey sometimes, but I was saying I called it in more of an annoyed way than a bragging way… more like a “seriously, guys… what did you think was going to happen?” type of way. I’m never happy when a player gets injured, and I thought the Warriors knowingly put a player in a very bad position today. Doctors should not have given him the okay to play. It was very sketchy and irresponsible in my opinion.

• Yeoman

@telestraightshooter said...

The 21 dK pts in 6mins Boogie better show up next game, not BA Boogie!

whats this sourpuss face from being taken out last 15 secs?

Whichever one shows up, he won’t be able to defend the pick and roll. But they have trouble rebounding when he’s not out there, and if Looney isn’t full-go they won’t have many options.

I’m not sure which way I’d go. But if I were Nurse I’d be tempted to give Ibaka more run if Cousins plays more.

• samuri8

I feel bad for KD. Absolute trash move by the Toronto fans to cheer while he’s walking off, wtf. The Warriors are just so resilient, it’s a testament to their coaching and their culture. Of course, people take them for granted after all their success.

Steph and Lebron are the marquee players of this generation, and it’s not even close for me.

• tmarohl

@escot4 said...

That makes sense. To clarify, I’d been saying basically that I didn’t think it was right for the Warriors to play Durant. Tone is hard to convey sometimes, but I was saying I called it in more of an annoyed way than a bragging way… more like a “seriously, guys… what did you think was going to happen?” type of way. I’m never happy when a player gets injured, and I thought the Warriors knowingly put a player in a very bad position today. Doctors should not have given him the okay to play. It was very sketchy and irresponsible in my opinion.

Agreed. He couldn’t even practice before the last game, but then today he is ruled in with no limitations.

• tmarohl

@Yeoman said...

Whichever one shows up, he won’t be able to defend the pick and roll. But they have trouble rebounding when he’s not out there, and if Looney isn’t full-go they won’t have many options.

I’m not sure which way I’d go. But if I were Nurse I’d be tempted to give Ibaka more run if Cousins plays more.

Seems like the only guy Lowry can score on is Cousins.

• tmarohl

If it turns out Warriors lied about the original severity of KD’s injury, like if it was an Achilles in the first place, they should be fined heavily and or lose a draft pick.

• Yeoman

@tmarohl said...

Seems like the only guy Lowry can score on is Cousins.

They shouldn’t be switching everything when Cousins is out there, it’s a disaster. He can’t really defend Ibaka on the roll, either, but I don’t know how that could be worse than this was.

I suppose it’s understandable—they didn’t think they were going to play him tonight, and what they did defensively would have made sense with Durant on the court and Green at the 5.

• tmarohl

Bob Myers just said it was an Achilles injury, and he is very sad and crying on the podium. So sad!

• Yeoman

@tmarohl said...

If it turns out Warriors lied about the original severity of KD’s injury, like if it was an Achilles in the first place, they should be fined heavily and or lose a draft pick.

I don’t really care if they lie to us. If they misled a player, that would be seriously bad.

(I’m not suggesting they did.)

• telestraightshooter

@samuri8 said...

Absolute trash move by the Toronto fans to cheer while he’s walking off, wtf.

That moment should be written in stone like a Persian would 2,500 years ago-

Behold, the great and mighty warriors were in the throes of woe, as their great leader was stricken down with the same injury that befell down the legendary Achilles.

But the from the north, the fanatic barbarians acted in a uncivilized mater that revolted and galvanized the remaining warriors in such a way that they prevailed.

Let it be forever remembered the fanatics from the north lost a good chance for their team to steal the title from the south….. a title that would salve the fact their nation idol – the marvelous and stunning Cup of Stanley has been held hostage in the south for many generations.

• Sinthetix

@tmarohl said...

Bob Myers just said it was an Achilles injury, and he is very sad and crying on the podium. So sad!

That was tough to watch.

• samuri8

👍👍👍

• tmarohl

@Sinthetix said...

That was tough to watch.

Very tough to watch. However, I don’t believe he was being truthful, because the first injury was an Achilles and they or he rushed back. He was protecting his medical people and trainers, not KD!

• tmarohl

Go back and listen to Windhorst’s podcast from yesterday, when they were saying it was an achilles and not a calf injury.

• yisman

@miggs6876 said...

No way Toronto comes back from this loss. GS in 7.

I have to disagree.

Looney and KD are out. Draymond is one technical away from being suspended in Game 7.

By the way, GS with some terrible play at the end. The backcourt violation play and Boogie with a blatant moving screen in a huge spot.

Toronto had one of their classic “run the shot clock all the way down and either turn it over or throw up a terrible shot” possessions to help.

Toronto should be favored to win this series at this point.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).