NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Wednesday, 6/5

9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 4.5 ) at Golden State ( -4.5 ) —- T: 212.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• shades

Any Bell takers tonight?

• telestraightshooter

@ASitar said...

I’m avoiding the whole Klay/Cook/McKinnie/Jerebko mess and just putting Bogut in a few.

Klay’s production has to go somewhere…. Like in 2-6 wounded warriors box scores

Not to mention the slight downgrade in defense is going to fluff/realign da fossilizedRaptors box score

• realphipps

20 minutes of McKinnie doesn’t do much for me, even at that price.

• forthemasters69

@sfguy21 said...

Are you guys actually going to roster Klay if he plays? I’m only doing 2 lineups and I don’t think I can take the chance on him either reinjuring his hammy or playing very limited minutes.

I can think of a number of occasions where an injured player that was a GTD ended up playing and smashing value

I think if you are playing 2 lineups it’s smarter to fade but otherwise you gotta have some skin in the Klay game at lower than usual ownership

• gaelicgirl

“Steve Kerr on Klay Thompson lobbying to play tonight: ‘He’s making a very strong case. He wants to play no matter what.’ But Kerr stressed Klay’s not going to make the decision. The training staff will.” – Mark Medina

“Kerr on Klay: ‘If there’s risk (of further injury) then we would not play him.’” – Nick Friedell

Not too hard to read between the lines here.

• telestraightshooter

@forthemasters69 said...

to

from a meta perspective, I would concur…. but not.in.this.case.

this is not tweak like Iggy’s at the end of game 1.
    did you see he quite awkwardly had no use of his hammy trying to hobble off the floor?

what convinced me is hearing several ex-nba players saying that’s obviously not a 3 day turnaround injury.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

“Steve Kerr on Klay Thompson lobbying to play tonight: ‘He’s making a very strong case. He wants to play no matter what.’ But Kerr stressed Klay’s not going to make the decision. The training staff will.” – Mark Medina

“Kerr on Klay: ‘If there’s risk (of further injury) then we would not play him.’” – Nick Friedell

Not too hard to read between the lines here.

Read between the lines for me GG!

• tmarohl

@telestraightshooter said...

from a meta perspective, I would concur…. but not.in.this.case.

this is not tweak like Iggy’s at the end of game 1.
    did you see he quite awkwardly had no use of his hammy trying to hobble off the floor?

what convinced me is hearing several ex-nba players saying that’s obviously not a 3 day turnaround injury.

All because he tried to pick up a cheap foul on a three point attempt. Hate to see anyone get hurt, but maybe that is what the game needs right now so guys quit kicking their legs out to draw the foul.

• krighton

@tmarohl said...

pretty freaking hard for me to read whatever is hidden there…

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

“Kerr on Klay: ‘If there’s risk (of further injury) then we would not play him.’”

Kerr on Klay: There IS a risk (of further injury) then NO WAY IN HELL we …. play him.

fixed it.

I am convinced this is more PR created drama to get more eyes on the game from the casual fan; but, thats showbiz.

Lol, does anyone seriously think Nick Nurse is sweating it out how he going to have to change his game plan 15mins before tip.

From a DFS perspective I HOPE its not official until last min

• krighton

CAPTAIN KLAY

• rhendryx

Klay just arrived to the arena. Only one hour before game time while the rest of the team has been warming up/shooting around for a half hour. I’m not very hopeful he will play. Thoughts?!?

• krighton

@rhendryx said...

Klay just arrived to the arena. Only one hour before game time while the rest of the team has been warming up/shooting around for a half hour. I’m not very hopeful he will play. Thoughts?!?

more misdirection from GS

• telestraightshooter

w/ 2 days rest, what is the max mins for Dr Livingston?
    . .23
    . . .25?

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

LOL They’re going to protect Klay from himself and play it safe.
    If I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat a large serving of crow!

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

All because he tried to pick up a cheap foul on a three point attempt. Hate to see anyone get hurt, but maybe that is what the game needs right now so guys quit kicking their legs out to draw the foul.

Can’t believe you said that! You know Klay doesn’t play like that. From a different angle you could clearly see that Danny Green hip checked him while he was in the air. That’s two players taken out by ex-Spurs now, fair to say they’ve gotten their revenge for Zaza stepping under Kawhi two years ago.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Can’t believe you said that! You know Klay doesn’t play like that. From a different angle you could clearly see that Danny Green hip checked him while he was in the air. That’s two players taken out by ex-Spurs now, fair to say they’ve gotten their revenge for Zaza stepping under Kawhi two years ago.

I only saw it live. All jump shooters are playing like that now.

• shades

Am I crazy for using Bell or should I use Jerebko or Bogut?Thanks

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I only saw it live. All jump shooters are playing like that now.

Here’s a better angle.
    https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/1135368130782351361?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1135368130782351361&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1135368130782351361%26autosize%3D1
    Clear contact, Green should have been called for a foul and Klay should have shot 3 free throws. Obviously the refs didn’t see it either.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@shades said...

Am I crazy for using Bell or should I use Jerebko or Bogut?Thanks

Depends. If you’re trying to be unique I think Bell and Jerebko will be much lower owned. Bell has already been getting more minutes than Jerebko. So, no I don’t think you’d be crazy.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot Bell didn’t see the floor in game 2 with Cousins back. Either way 20 minutes are up for grabs. Jerebko does seem safer though now that I realize my mistake.

• Giez

If I sit a stud it’s gonna be …… I am thinking Curry as Raptors will be all over him, more so with Klay out. Trying to avoid a 2000 💩

• realphipps

You’re both correct.

Slight hip contact by Green.

Clear attempt to engage contact with the leg kickout by Klay.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Here’s a better angle.
    https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/1135368130782351361?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1135368130782351361&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1135368130782351361%26autosize%3D1
    Clear contact, Green should have been called for a foul and Klay should have shot 3 free throws. Obviously the refs didn’t see it either.

I didn’t see anything from the minor bump to cause him to do the splits.

• telestraightshooter

“Warriors put Klay Thompson on the active list, but not clear if he’ll play”

• tmarohl

Klay is active, but he didn’t go through pregame warm ups

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).