NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Friday, 6/7

9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 4.5 ) at Golden State ( -4.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

Walking backwards before Game 3
    https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1136444022032019456

Yes, much easier to walk backward with a lower calf (connection to the heel bone) injury.

Now propelling one self forward, or jumping will stress the injured calf/ achilles tendon….. nothing on the ‘net ‘bout ‘dat, other than him walking slowly.

• ASitar

I REALLY don’t want to play Bogut at $4,000 but who else do you play at under $4k?

• telestraightshooter

How many mins for each:

Boogie
    Bogut
    Bell
    JJ

• telestraightshooter

@ASitar said...

I REALLY don’t want to play Bogut at $4,000 but who else do you play at under $4k?

JJ and SL are only one gaurenteed production

• ASitar

@telestraightshooter said...

JJ and SL are only one gaurenteed production

I know, pending Looney playing and foul trouble for Dray/Boogie. Bogut, Powell, Bell, and McKinnie could easily get 8 minutes each tonight. I have Bell in 1, McKinnie in 1, and Bogut in 2 and I’m only doing 6. I’m leaning Bogut if I have $4k because he DOES have the highest ceiling but I don’t feel good about any of them

• gaelicgirl

How many mins for each:

Boogie
    Bogut
    Bell
    JJ

I think Looney will play tonight, FWIW

• ASitar

I DO think Gasol has a big game. He’s had big games vs the Dubs in the past and I think tonight is one them. Great captain pick maybe 6% owned in the spot.

18 points
    11 rebounds
    7 assists
    3 blocks
    2 steals

42-45 DK points

• gaelicgirl

@ASitar said...

• ASitar

@gaelicgirl said...

Quinn Cook

Why him?

• RWilder

Im stuck at 6k left for my last spot on FD and it’s literally between Bogut, Powell, Bell, Livingston, Looney and JJ.

I have to think Bogut is the play, simply because he played very well last game and they seemed to be more efficient on both sides of the ball with him in vs any of the other bigs. Powell hasn’t played the whole series and with Thompson back I doubt Livingston really gets any run. Part of me wants to believe in Powell, if he just played he might be the sleeper pick out of this group

• yisman

Looney is IN

• gaelicgirl

@ASitar said...

Why him?

He’s their best 3-pt shooter off the bench, might get some open looks with Klay back. Can also get assists. But my first choice under $4k would be Looney, if he plays. He was getting jumpers up just now, and stayed on the court after everyone else went back to the locker room.

• BerkeleyBoss

@RWilder said...

Im stuck at 6k left for my last spot on FD and it’s literally between Bogut, Powell, Bell, Livingston, Looney and JJ.

I have to think Bogut is the play, simply because he played very well last game and they seemed to be more efficient on both sides of the ball with him in vs any of the other bigs. Powell hasn’t played the whole series and with Thompson back I doubt Livingston really gets any run. Part of me wants to believe in Powell, if he just played he might be the sleeper pick out of this group

It’s either Looney or Bogut, IMO, depending on whether or not Looney is playing. Perhaps Livingston, but he doesn’t do much with his minutes. Bell, JJ and Powell will all likely see less than 10 minutes, though Powell is a bit of a wildcard.

Welp, probably Looney.

• gaelicgirl

@yisman said...

Looney is IN

Nice…they could use his perimeter defense and rebounding.

#LoonRebel5

• BerkeleyBoss

@gaelicgirl said...

Nice…they could use his perimeter defense and rebounding.

#LoonRebel5

Now I’m really curious to see how the Cousins/Bogut minutes break down. Who’s gonna start? Hmmmm.

• baseballislife93

Should I dump my bogut lineups

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Now I’m really curious to see how the Cousins/Bogut minutes break down. Who’s gonna start? Hmmmm.

Well, we know Looney probably won’t start, but if Kerr plays normal rotations he should still get the most minutes.

• yisman

@baseballislife93 said...

Should I dump my bogut lineups

I would

pretty good chance of a DNP

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

Well, we know Looney probably won’t start, but if Kerr plays normal rotations he should still get the most minutes.

… if he gives a go and keep going… wait, he’s a real warrior

• ASitar

How many will Bell prob get? I have $1,800 left in 2 LUs and don’t want to make changes. Or is it worth changing those LUs because he’ll get less than 10 minutes? He started the first game, sat the 2nd, and only played 9 minutes the 3rd game.

• BerkeleyBoss

@ASitar said...

How many will Bell prob get? I have $1,800 left in 2 LUs and don’t want to make changes. Or is it worth changing those LUs because he’ll get less than 10 minutes? He started the first game, sat the 2nd, and only played 9 minutes the 3rd game.

0 minutes seems pretty likely

• baseballislife93

@yisman said...

I would

pretty good chance of a DNP

Yea wish I did that game 1, dumped 3 left 1 for tonite

Loony In now? WTF… Had a ton of CAP Boguts. Unreal. Gotta start over now.

• gaelicgirl

… if he gives a go and keep going… wait, he’s a real warrior

Top 3-man lineups this postseason (250+ minute)
    Looney, Steph, Draymond: +20.2
    Butler, Redick, Harris: +15.7
    Looney also has the best defensive rating of any of the 12 Warriors players that have logged at least 100 minutes in the playoffs.

• Yeoman

I sense the operative word in this Finals is “variance”

Wild swings of variance in DFS production between games as coaches try to out smart each other.

A while back I put together a fairly simple algorithm on the principle that each game in a playoff series is in a sense the reverse of the game before. I didn’t really expect it to work, it’s too simple (essentially it calculates a baseline for each player and then reverses the sign of each player’s variance from baseline in the prior game), but it’s been outperforming the lineups I make on my own.

On the subject of outsmarting each other/themselves, I wonder if Nurse unveils a triangle and two tonight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler