NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 4 ) at Milwaukee ( -4 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

The guy that won the 4PP solo could of took solo 2nd in the $25 as well

• ninogarzone

Omg at 3:19 torrey Craig blocked jrue holiday, holiday got it back and laid it up how tf did dk not give him credit for that..

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@DaBum2012 said...

OMG! I came in 1st on FanDuel’s $750k Sunday Game 3 Final Shot-at least tied for first with several people. I got $995.65. In total, I made out with $1,327.50. WOOOOO! With game 1, I think I tied for second and made out with a little over $500. I withdrew $300. I put $250 on game 2 and only broke a little less than even. I think I tied for 2nd on that. Today I got #1. I’m not going to put the full $1,300 on this one on game 4. Only maybe $300. I’m going to do WAY more game 5 depending on how I do Wednesday.

Nice! Happy to chop that $150k with you

• ginobilisrings

Wow that 250k sole winner

• tmarohl

Just got back from the game. Loudest sporting event I have ever been at. It was crazy. I would also say the officiating sucked in favor of the Suns, so the Scott Foster references can go bye bye.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Just got back from the game. Loudest sporting event I have ever been at. It was crazy. I would also say the officiating sucked in favor of the Suns, so the Scott Foster references can go bye bye.

Enjoy the win. The fans were amazing from what I saw on TV. I can only imagine how frenzied it was live in person. I think the Bucks smash the Suns in game 4. Giannis is playing on another level and the Suns have no one to slow him down. Jrue was very good tonight on both sides of the ball. The Bucks defense was smothering tonight. Interesting to see how a young Suns team responds. Booker was rattled, off, and down right bad. Ayton in foul trouble and Bridges on the road isn’t the same guy. CP3 couldn’t get to his spots and turned over the ball too much. A complete win for the home team tonight. Looks like this series is going to be very competitive with the home team advantage playing a big role. Exciting for basketball fans. As for DFS it’s pretty difficult to navigate and be unique. I find myself investing very little and just enjoying tje game.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

You will have to explain that one to me. Didnt the Bucks shoot like twice as many free throws. I thought the officiating was pretty even with a slight lean in favor of Milwaukee

• Vanderob14

Pretty predictable result last night given the history of teams going home down 0-2. I think the Suns win in game 4

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

You will have to explain that one to me. Didnt the Bucks shoot like twice as many free throws. I thought the officiating was pretty even with a slight lean in favor of Milwaukee

The Bridges Dunk was clearly a charge, early in the game I think it was booker got three free throws and he wasn’t touched. Those are two that stood out to me. Giannis probably should have shot about 10 more free throws because they were mobbing him.

• Vanderob14

@tmarohl said...

The Bridges Dunk was clearly a charge, early in the game I think it was booker got three free throws and he wasn’t touched. Those are two that stood out to me. Giannis probably should have shot about 10 more free throws because they were mobbing him.

The booker 3 foul was clearly a foul. Tucker got him right on the arm. Cam Johnson one was probably 50/50.

• tmarohl

@Vanderob14 said...

The booker 3 foul was clearly a foul. Tucker got him right on the arm. Cam Johnson one was probably 50/50.

There were also a couple of out of bounds plays that went the wrong way. One was called a jump and let to an open dunk for Phoenix.

• casper

The NBA sent in scott foster to help the bucks out problem is cp3 doesn’t like what he’s seeing and isn’t afraid to speak out stef currys wife started telling people what was up the year cleavland beat them but stef is a company man and the collective bargaining was coming and LBJ bringing one home coming on the back off the Kobes last game marketeting stunt were the line opened Utah-8 to pickem so someone new something it prouduced the hightest revenue and tv contacts so the players all got paid especially mid and lower level guys and any business should maximize profits NBA players are smart not one guy would dare make a negative statement about china so the Narrative is set cp3 isn’t the future ABC the MJ comparison are already starting so im shure hell get 40 every game but he’s not Jordan he’s able to create contact and get to the line so like Cp3 said they have lost 11 games in a row with Foster working the game and there going to the line alot Ayton is the only size they have so ABC can just dribble into him and get to the line so by the second 1/2 Ayton will be on the bench cp3 is a cry baby because he’s just tired of this kind off crap and this is kinda his last chance so he thought he’d get a fair shake but when he saw scott foster was going to be scott foster at his best after that ridiculous charge call they just pulled booker early and gave up

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

Bridges had a dunk?

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Bridges had a dunk?

Sorry, I think it was Cam, i confuse those guys.

• monarch

That was an obvious block.

I hate the interpretation of the block/charge rule. It used to be the defender had to be “set” which is feet glued to the ground, not leaning before the offensive player made a move towards the basket. That has turned into hurl your body at the offensive players landing area and flop to the ground and hope for the call. Tucker (correction) was still moving while Cam was already in the air.

• tmarohl

I have watched it about 10 times since seeing it live. Still don’t think it was a block. Tuckers left leg was planted. He moved his right leg a little to brace for the impact. He was basically in the spot before Johnson took off.

• Vanderob14

@monarch said...

That was an obvious block.

I hate the interpretation of the block/charge rule. It used to be the defender had to be “set” which is feet glued to the ground, not leaning before the offensive player made a move towards the basket. That has turned into hurl your body at the offensive players landing area and flop to the ground and hope for the call. Tucker (correction) was still moving while Cam was already in the air.

I get more fired up about block/charges than traveling or anything else. College is 10x worse about it too. Taking charges should not be officiated to make it a key part of defensive strategies imo.

• monarch

Did you take issue with Giannis using his off hand to immobilize whoever he was posting up by clutching their jersey in the post over and over again?

• monarch

@Vanderob14 said...

I get more fired up about block/charges than traveling or anything else. College is 10x worse about it too. Taking charges should not be officiated to make it a key part of defensive strategies imo.

I think the big change was instituting the block/charge area. Now that has morphed into the key sticking point as opposed to the timing of the action. The defender can now still be moving where that didn’t used to be the case. A charge is called….the player and coach screams but….he was outside the circle and the interpretation has moved in a dangerous direction.

On the flip side I am getting tired of seeing Cameron Payne carry the ball all over the floor during his fifteen minutes of play.

• Vanderob14

@monarch said...

I think the big change was instituting the block/charge area. Now that has morphed into the key sticking point as opposed to the timing of the action. The defender can now still be moving where that didn’t used to be the case. A charge is called….the player and coach screams but….he was outside the circle and the interpretation has moved in a dangerous direction.

On the flip side I am getting tired of seeing Cameron Payne carry the ball all over the floor during his fifteen minutes of play.

Agreed on that. I half think that if it wasn’t as exciting to call a charge for the ref (taking 3 steps like he’s a baseball umpire striking someone out) you’d see less of them called.

Palming is a lost cause unfortunately. I remember Hoiberg complaining about Isaiah Thomas doing it in 2017 and he basically got laughed at.

• monarch

Great comparison. Payne is doing it just like IT. He hangs the ball way out to the left…jabs to his right while not dribbling and then pushes his dribble out further to the left.

• ginobilisrings

Refs had very little to do with the game.

Phoenix is having trouble when ayton is off the floor, the game comptlelty changes with no centers available.

Bucks did a great job of taking away the corner 3.

Home court is a huge perk.

I think bucks win this series.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Did you take issue with Giannis using his off hand to immobilize whoever he was posting up by clutching their jersey in the post over and over again?

Couldn’t really see that from my seats. I know he does that a lot though.

• tmarohl

Another bad call that stood out to me was one called on Pat C. The guy elbowed Pat in the face and Pat gets called for the foul.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

Another bad call that stood out to me was one called on Pat C. The guy elbowed Pat in the face and Pat gets called for the foul.

That was pretty bad.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).