NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 4 ) at Milwaukee ( -4 ) —- T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• yisman

Let’s see if Booker and Ayton got enough rest. Played 29 and 24 minutes in the last 5 days.

• Wsdm61987

Do the Suns play small or does Kaminsky finally enter the fold for more than 15 minutes?

• clrockny24

I think if you put Cam Johnson or Connaughton at captain on dk you can make a decent lineup. Pricing is tight there.

• NDNole

Captain booker seems high upside to me today at low captain ownership. Of course he could just have a soso game but I think he makes it worth the risk.

• WrathofKhaaan

Kaminsky got the majority of his minutes because of Ayton foul trouble, Kaminsky’s +- when he’s on the court is awful. If Ayton can avoid foul trouble tonight he’s a great play. Overweight on Chris Paul, I like him a lot at CPT tonight. Feels like this might be the game Middleton finally breaks out.

• EnglishPea

Any sense in fading Giannis? At least that way you can fit 4 legit players in there and hope he only has a modest stat line?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

No i think you start with Giannis unless you think he gets hurt

• brink7

What 2 player correlations do you recommend avoiding? For example I know not to play Ayton and Kaminsky because it is doubtful they would both have a good game. Like Kaminsky could only have a good game if Ayton was in foul trouble injured etc. What other two player negative correlations would everyone here recommend avoiding? Thank you in advance.

• Rickytango13

@brink7 said...

What 2 player correlations do you recommend avoiding? For example I know not to play Ayton and Kaminsky because it is doubtful they would both have a good game. Like Kaminsky could only have a good game if Ayton was in foul trouble injured etc. What other two player negative correlations would everyone here recommend avoiding? Thank you in advance.

Payne/Paul comes to mind. Giannis/brook. I think you just need to build a game scenario in your head and build off of that. Bucks blowout you want Giannis and one of jrue/khris with bench players. Close game you probably want Giannis/one of khris or jrue and at least one of cp3/Kendall’s boyfriend/Ayton

Disclaimer: I’m awful at nba showdowns

• monarch

There is a free correlation tool available on the internet that takes guessing out of the equation on a rival site.

• Rickytango13

Assuming he doesn’t get hurt, is there any way Giannis isn’t optimal whether cpt or util? I just can’t see it

• monarch

@Rickytango13 said...

Assuming he doesn’t get hurt, is there any way Giannis isn’t optimal whether cpt or util? I just can’t see it

I think you are right. I think they will adjust slightly….wall Giannis up a little better which should free up the corner shooters is my assumption. I’d rather have PJ Tucker or Pat Connaughton shooting threes than Giannis putting Ayton on the bench if I am Monty Williams.

• billythekidcowboysheat

I don’t see abc as being the optimal capt tonight, but i don’t see fading him as logical unless you think he gets injuried.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m 50% captain Giannis. He is in my current optimal. Going 100% on FD at the MVP spot again

• bdf

Banking on Crowder having his once in a blue moon 45 DK game.

• FlyingArmBar4u

Yea I think bucks win tonight and the suns win the next 2 at home , so I’m going heavy on the bucks, probably 1, 2, and 3 and then 2 cheap suns in my utility spot

• RipCityRings

@bdf said...

Banking on Crowder having his once in a blue moon 45 DK game.

Crowder shot 86% last game and only had 32, I think you’ve basically seen his ceiling this series unless his volume suddenly doubles. I think this is where you fade him.

• RipCityRings

I’ve only been playing one lineup per game but I can’t resist throwing in a CPT Booker after that Game 3 performance.

Ayton was one rebound shy of the double-double in only 29 minutes, I expect a 45 spot tonight. No way Monty is going to keep Frank out there again.

Another fun angle is building for a CP3 alpha game. If he gets back to 20ish FGAs he’s in a great spot, and he missed the double-double bonus with by only 1 assist in 2/3 games (and 2 assists in Game 2). I see Jrue struggling in this scenario, which makes Teague an interesting speculative play with the Bucks likely staying small.

Also love Craig tonight, he had some rough rim-outs and missed FTs last game but should have his sea legs back and is still dirt cheap.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Wsdm61987 said...

Do the Suns play small or does Kaminsky finally enter the fold for more than 15 minutes?

I honestly wouldn’t mess with him. The Bucks rarely if ever messed with him during the post season. I’ve learned my lesson 3 years ago and since then not to use him after the regular season. He’s now a bench warmer.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Dk:
    Capt-Ayton
    Abc
    Kris
    Bridges
    Connaughton
    Tucker

Fd:
    Mvp-Ayton
    Star-Abc
    Pro-Kris
    Bridges
    Tucker

I took cp3 and craig out which I’m sure will cost me.

I’m tied to Ayton!!!

• RipCityRings

CPT Ayton
    Giannis
    Booker
    Jrue
    Johnson
    Craig

CPT Booker
    Middleton
    CP3
    Ayton
    Pat C
    Teague

I’m probably a game early on Booker, but had to take a shot at only 6% CPT. Can’t imagine there are too many CPT Booker, no Giannis + Teague lineups out there.

• siddom

clicked middletons name after staring at my screen for an hour instead of cp3….wow. @ first i thought dk was focking with me but it was really me.

• Skee

Best I could do with Ayton is Star. On FD its really hard to not just build 4 spots with Giannis at cpt. I have tried this series and had scores like I was short an entire player. I can see the appeal if running multiple lineups, like 3% Ayton but I already threw enough away trying it

• monarch

Ayton is so good. Does he remind anyone else a little of Karl Malone with his face up and mid range game plus finishing around the rim?

• yisman

I faded Booker. Oops. 20+ in the first half after resting the second half last game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).