NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 5.5 ) at Phoenix ( -5.5 ) —- T: 217

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic ā€“ NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• monarch

@theIrrigator said...

Who are you giving his mins to? Forbes?

I think Teague can get to 15 minutes. I think Tucker plays more four instead of three. I think Pat C plays some four.

I think Portis plays nearly every non Brolo minute at the five but thats not a given…PJ Tucker can defend Dario Saric just fine. I just dont know but I would not feel good projecting Portis for +30 DK points vs the Phoenix Suns because I dont think he can stay on the floor defensively with all the switching and he is dreadful at closing out to the three point line.

• bazerko

Does anyone think these torn ligaments in CP3’s hand are going to affect him during this series?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I think Teague can get to 15 minutes. I think Tucker plays more four instead of three. I think Pat C plays some four.

I think Portis plays nearly every non Brolo minute at the five but thats not a given…PJ Tucker can defend Dario Saric just fine. I just dont know but I would not feel good projecting Portis for +30 DK points vs the Phoenix Suns because I dont think he can stay on the floor defensively with all the switching and he is dreadful at closing out to the three point line.

So you have Portis at 25 mins instead of 30?

• monarch

@theIrrigator said...

So you have Portis at 25 mins instead of 30?

I would need to know who is starting. I cant really project Portis other than trying to build some lineups with him that make sense under a favorable script for him which I am having a difficult time envisioning.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I would need to know who is starting. I cant really project Portis other than trying to build some lineups with him that make sense under a favorable script for him which I am having a difficult time envisioning.

Lets assume

Holiday
    Middleton
    Tucker
    Portis
    BroLo

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@bazerko said...

Does anyone think these torn ligaments in CP3’s hand are going to affect him during this series?

When did he tear them?

• NDNole

@theIrrigator said...

Lets assume

Holiday
    Middleton
    Tucker
    Portis
    BroLo

This is my guess as well.

• monarch

@theIrrigator said...

Lets assume

Holiday
    Middleton
    Tucker
    Portis
    BroLo

I need to break myself from the Suns kill this lineup in this spot mindset.

Lets step back a bit though and look at the dynamics. Bucks travel alone back and forth to MIA, BKN (7 games) and Atlanta (6 games) and many of those games the starters playing 40+ minutes. While the Suns have played far fewer games and their travel has basically been back and forth between PHX and Los Angeles which is nothing. And its already a condensed season.

Then the Bucks are currently less deep and injured. The Suns are fresh and the total has risen three points in the last two days. Monty Williams preached pace in game six vs the Clippers and scored 130 points on their home floor dictating tempo….I just cant get away from the Suns dictating a small and fast game outside of Giannis playing and either one of those causes me to not like Portis very much. How can the Bucks cover all that space with two clumsy bigs?

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Called it

Are you going to call “GTD” next?

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

Are you going to call “GTD” next?

I thought I did that as well lol. Then 30 minutes before lock he will be ruled out.

• NDNole

@monarch said...

I need to break myself from the Suns kill this lineup in this spot mindset.

Lets step back a bit though and look at the dynamics. Bucks travel alone back and forth to MIA, BKN (7 games) and Atlanta (6 games) and many of those games the starters playing 40+ minutes. While the Suns have played far fewer games and their travel has basically been back and forth between PHX and Los Angeles which is nothing. And its already a condensed season.

Then the Bucks are currently less deep and injured. The Suns are fresh and the total has risen three points in the last two days. Monty Williams preached pace in game six vs the Clippers and scored 130 points on their home floor dictating tempo….I just cant get away from the Suns dictating a small and fast game outside of Giannis playing and either one of those causes me to not like Portis very much. How can the Bucks cover all that space with two clumsy bigs?

Dont 100% agree with this but I do see your point and it does make some sense. I can see the small ball angle. Good point.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Why is he playing 30 minutes? And who is he guarding?

Booker abused Cousins when he was on the floor through pick n roll to the point Lue could not have him out there for more than three minutes at a time. It will get real ugly if Booker gets to choose between Lopez or Portis each time down the floor for his isolation.

Portis is 6800. I think a lot of guys can beat him at a lower cost and if the Bucks have to choose between Lopez or Portis to defend Ayton it will be Lopez.

Why am I the only one not worried about Ayton. Ayton is actually going to have to cover someone in this series. Whether that is Giannis, Lopez or Portis remains to be seen.

• billythekidcowboysheat

I don’t get the portis is gonna be playing less narrative. I think we’re starting to overthink this first game.

I don’t forsee a blowout.

As stubborn as bud is, i highly doubt portis or brolo are played off the court in this first game of the nba finals.

Ayton is gonna be pulled away from the paint.

The suns are trash rebounding team, especially offensive rebounding, which plays right into the bucks hands.

Don’t overthink the first game, i acutally like the bucks chances to steal one in this first game then game 2.

• monarch

Ayton has defended Anthony Davis, Nikola Jokic and the Clippers small ball team without much to complain about. I think he can survive Brolo or Portis. Giannis would be another story but they would have to wall him up.

• billythekidcowboysheat

That’s not the point.

Your saying portis is gonna be played off the court, i forget if you said brolo too!

That’s just simply untrue, or i refuse to believe it in this first game at least.

• monarch

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

That’s not the point.

Your saying portis is gonna be played off the court, i forget if you said brolo too!

That’s just simply untrue, or i refuse to believe it in this first game at least.

What are you talking about? I was responding to Tmarohl but yes I think Portis is a fade for me.

• NDNole

Monarch I can appreciate a different point of view, especially since you stated a decent reason for why you think portis doesnt do as well as some think. For me though I just think there is too much upside at his price. It may be in your favor that I am solid on Portis lol!

I just think today at least its no Portis no cash kinda day.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

What are you talking about? I was responding to Tmarohl but yes I think Portis is a fade for me.

The only one that will play Portis off the court is Giannis. If Giannis plays, Portis will go back to his normal minutes. If Giannis doesn’t play, Portis will play 30 plus minutes regardless. Phoenix is not very good, even with Ayton in the game, at defending the rim. They are last in the league in defending the rim with Ayton on the bench. The key to me for Phoenix is keeping Ayton on the floor and out of foul trouble. Otherwise, they will be destroyed in the paint.

• monarch

They are bad at defending the rim in part because they take away the three. Giannis will score 40 a night when he plays because thats kinda what they concede. I do like Lopez…I will play him before I play Portis and I am unlikely to play both.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Who do we like more between jrue vs kris?

Cp3 vs book?
    Fyi, birthday narrative if anyone doesn’t know

šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

• mike42

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Who do we like more between jrue vs kris?

Cp3 vs book?
    Fyi, birthday narrative if anyone doesn’t know

šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

He’s the only one with experience in this entire NBA finals. I’d guess that the plan is for him to play a lot of minutes.

LAC played soft on Paul off of pick and rolls, does anyone have a hot take on how Milw will play it? The thing about Pual is he’s not a threat to take it all the way to the rim so IDK why you wouldn’t just play it tight and make him drive past you or dish it off but I’m curious what others think.

• Vanderob14

@mike42 said...

He’s the only one with experience in this entire NBA finals. I’d guess that the plan is for him to play a lot of minutes.

LAC played soft on Paul off of pick and rolls, does anyone have a hot take on how Milw will play it? The thing about Pual is he’s not a threat to take it all the way to the rim so IDK why you wouldn’t just play it tight and make him drive past you or dish it off but I’m curious what others think.

Iā€™m pretty I read that Milwaukee plays drop coverage as well

• yisman

@theIrrigator said...

When did he tear them?

https://sports.yahoo.com/after-41-pt-game-6-clincher-chris-paul-says-hes-playing-with-partially-torn-ligaments-in-right-hand-140718456.html

After dropping a playoff career-high 41 points in the deciding Game 6 of the Western Conference finals on Wednesday night, he told reporters he’s playing through a hand injury.

Paul said he underwent an MRI prior to Game 6 against the Los Angeles Clippers that revealed partially torn ligaments in his right hand.

———-

IOW, he didn’t say.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

They are bad at defending the rim in part because they take away the three. Giannis will score 40 a night when he plays because thats kinda what they concede. I do like Lopez…I will play him before I play Portis and I am unlikely to play both.

Since the Bucks have not been hitting the three in the playoffs, I like that Phoenix will concede the rim.

• tmarohl

Giannis looks pretty good warming up. https://twitter.com/i/status/1412546606751109121

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).