NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 5.5 ) at Phoenix ( -5.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• fleishmo6

With Saric out, hoping they play big, and early foul trouble for Ayton
    Kaminsky for the win

• monarch

Interesting slate.

We lost Cameron Johnson value but gain Torrey Craig, Abdel Nader and Bobby Portis and fringe value Frank Kaminsky. I probably will not play Kaminsky. He did not see the floor in the second half.

Craig will get touted. He seemed to generally get his allotment after the Saric injury. It appears to me that Jae Crowder and Deandre Ayton just got a few extra minutes. Nevertheless Craig is solid value.

Recency bias likely pro Paul, Ayton minus Booker, Holiday which I like to see. I find Brook Lopez to be unplayable at this price.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

Sure wish I had another 20 tickets to the $25 on DK

• NDNole

Thoughts on forbes? Seemed like he could get in the mix this series based on what I saw 4th quarter.

• NDNole

Cam J is probably gonna be a no go for most people at 6k. I think im going to go back to him anyway. He is pretty much interchangeable with bridges.

• Wsdm61987

Anyone think the Bucks coach opts to play Giannis at the 5 for a majority of the game? He played quite a bit game 1, which would mean Brook might see less minutes, (I’m guessin’ 15-20) which could correlate to Forbes seein’ more minutes. Thoughts?

• PaperStacking92

Thinking Ayton at Capt is the play tonight

• NDNole

@PaperStacking92 said...

Thinking Ayton at Capt is the play tonight

Im thinking a lot of people will be thinking that.

• monarch

@Wsdm61987 said...

Anyone think the Bucks coach opts to play Giannis at the 5 for a majority of the game? He played quite a bit game 1, which would mean Brook might see less minutes, (I’m guessin’ 15-20) which could correlate to Forbes seein’ more minutes. Thoughts?

I dont. Not yet. Brook might play less but the Bucks arent going to just discard Lopez and Portis after one game.

• Wsdm61987

@monarch said...

I dont. Not yet. Brook might play less but the Bucks arent going to just discard Lopez and Portis after one game.

Yeah, but Brook ain’t athletic enough to be on Ayton all game which is why they opted for Giannis at the 5 is my guess. Discard Portis and Lopez, naw, obviously not entirely, but Lopez will see less minutes. Giannis is bein’ made out to be this all world defender, but he’s okay. I think Ayton eats all finals long.

• tmarohl

@Wsdm61987 said...

Yeah, but Brook ain’t athletic enough to be on Ayton all game which is why they opted for Giannis at the 5 is my guess. Discard Portis and Lopez, naw, obviously not entirely, but Lopez will see less minutes. Giannis is bein’ made out to be this all world defender, but he’s okay. I think Ayton eats all finals long.

Brook is fine covering Ayton, more than athletic enough. The problem with Brook is CP3 and Booker hunt him down for their mid range shots, which also allows Ayton to role to the rim. I think Bucks need to keep Lopez closer to the rim, and have Tucker and Holiday play up on Booker and CP3.

• PaperStacking92

@NDNole said...

Im thinking a lot of people will be thinking that

I’m thinking he’ll be the 4th highest owned Capt play tonight. Cp3,ABC,Booker I think will be higher than him. ABC won’t be 7% at Capt tonight again easily doubled if not 20%..

• emnj69

@tmarohl said...

Brook is fine covering Ayton, more than athletic enough. The problem with Brook is CP3 and Booker hunt him down for their mid range shots, which also allows Ayton to role to the rim. I think Bucks need to keep Lopez closer to the rim, and have Tucker and Holiday play up on Booker and CP3.

the problem with brook is ABC as it relates to fantasy points scored-when ABC is not on the floor Brook can play the role of a big center and stay in the paint and crash the boards and get tons of lops and easy buckets-when ABC is playing Brook is relegated to standing around like Tucker does around the perimeter waiting for a chance at a 3 ball- Lopez at his price in my opinion is not a guy I want to play

• billythekidcowboysheat

Like jrue bounce back here.

Anyone have a call on tucker vs connaughton vs craig?

• monarch

I really like Craig. I am building quite a few lineups and the conclusion that I made is I will play Craig in the lineups that I don’t have Ayton or Nader. I can’t find any Nader/Craig minutes this season. Craig and Ayton have a huge negative correlation. If Ayton fails or gets into foul trouble that has to directly benefit Torrey Craig the most. I may build a couple Craig/Ayton’s because they shared the court together in 12 of Craig’s 16 minutes in game one but I won’t feel great about those. My biggest edges is to be lower on Paul/Ayton and higher on Booker/Jrue/Giannis. Hard to not just spam CPT Giannis lineups.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@monarch said...

I really like Craig. I am building quite a few lineups and the conclusion that I made is I will play Craig in the lineups that I don’t have Ayton or Nader. I can’t find any Nader/Craig minutes this season. Craig and Ayton have a huge negative correlation. If Ayton fails or gets into foul trouble that has to directly benefit Torrey Craig the most. I may build a couple Craig/Ayton’s because they shared the court together in 12 of Craig’s 16 minutes in game one but I won’t feel great about those. My biggest edges is to be lower on Paul/Ayton and higher on Booker/Jrue/Giannis. Hard to not just spam CPT Giannis lineups.

Will be splitting 1st because that is my core:

Abc
    Jrue
    Book😈

• tmarohl

@emnj69 said...

the problem with brook is ABC as it relates to fantasy points scored-when ABC is not on the floor Brook can play the role of a big center and stay in the paint and crash the boards and get tons of lops and easy buckets-when ABC is playing Brook is relegated to standing around like Tucker does around the perimeter waiting for a chance at a 3 ball- Lopez at his price in my opinion is not a guy I want to play

That is not how Brook plays on defense in the Bucks scheme. Brook is also not an overly good rebounder.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I would think with the Saric injury, if Ayton gets into foul trouble, that Kaminski could be in line to benefit. If Ayton is on the bench Bucks will/or should go big.

I hate showdowns, but I don’t see any benefit to playing Craig or Nader.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

Gotta play some Kaminsky at $1k even with the risk of a DNP. I’m thinking at worst he only gets 5-6 in the 1st half. If he contributes maybe he gets another 5 mins in the 2nd half

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

I want ABC and CP3 for sure. I’m thinking I’ll fade Ayton again and hope it works out this time

• Wsdm61987

@tmarohl said...

I would think with the Saric injury, if Ayton gets into foul trouble, that Kaminski could be in line to benefit. If Ayton is on the bench Bucks will/or should go big.

I hate showdowns, but I don’t see any benefit to playing Craig or Nader.

Ayton has gotten into very little foul trouble all playoffs long, he usually gets to three and then there’s not much more fouls that get called on him, at least on average.

• NDNole

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Will be splitting 1st because that is my core:

Abc
    Jrue
    Book😈

Same

• tmarohl

@Wsdm61987 said...

Ayton has gotten into very little foul trouble all playoffs long, he usually gets to three and then there’s not much more fouls that get called on him, at least on average.

I’m hoping for that to change.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

My current DK optimal is Captain Crowder

• Vanderob14

@theIrrigator said...

My current DK optimal is Captain Crowder

I had one of those the other night- less than ideal.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).