NBA FORUM

Comments

• fcbjakub

I organized this tournament couple of years ago and would like to make it happen again as it was much fun and I’m on bed rest from ACL surgery lol and have nothing else to do lol!

Top two teams advance into the championship round, just like the WC where the winner of group A plays the second place team in
    group B, and so on.

WINNER GETS A COOL TROPHY and $.

IF we get 32 players to sign up, the group stage draw will be as follows.
    There will be 4 baskets of 8 players. Basket number one will feature the strongest players based on the rotogrinders NBA grinders leaderboard. The person who is the lowest on the list will be put into the basket number 4. Following me???
    Basket 1. 1-8
    Basket 2. 9-16
    Basket 3. 17-24
    Basket 4. 25-32
    One name will be drawn from each basket to form a group so that each group has a player from each basket.
    Each player will play 3 games in the group stage. For a win you get 3 points for a loss you get 0 and if you lose by less than 2 points you will be awarded 1 point. The top two teams with the most points will advance to the second round.

Along with the fun, we will have a live group stage drawing, blog posts and much more. Last time we have a dedicated member do a really cool Excel spreadsheet with data from the groups which was really cool.

Please put your name down in the thread if interested, If we get 32 people then let the games begin!!!

Last time we used Leaguesafe to collect and distribute funds(not a scam lol) plus there was a trophy for the winner.

The buy-in would be 51$ (1$ would go to sponsor the trophy as I bought it with my own funds last time)

Winners of each group get a small payout from the prize pool as a reward for winning their respective group

SIGNED UP ALREADY: 1.fcbjakub 2.lionsuck 3.phills41 4.blitzology 5.stv1313 6.squirrelpatrol 7.BerkeleyBoss 8.Reid256

• lionssuck

I’d be in again. I believe it was theoddsmaker that kept the spreadsheet from the last one.

• fcbjakub

@lionssuck said...

I’d be in again. I believe it was theoddsmaker that kept the spreadsheet from the last one.

He also did like Vegas odds for it too haha I hope he’s still around and can help out again!

• phills41

which site do you play on?

• fcbjakub

@phills41 said...

which site do you play on?

Personally, I play on DK … but when we played the tournament it was on Fanduel, this is still yet to be decided.

• blitzology

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

• phills41

i would be in if on fanduel.

• stv1313

RG Overall Ranking

Sign me up!

• squirrelpatrol

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #23

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2020 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I’m in!

• fcbjakub

OK, great I see that this is getting a little bit of traction here so let’s see if we can get this CUP filled by Sunday. So Sunday will be the last day to sign up for this, and depending on how many players we have, we might have to adjust the groups according to the numbers we get.

• BerkeleyBoss

Sounds fun, I’ll play

• fcbjakub

1 more person and we reached our minimum to run the CUP the next min would 16 people

• airjr990

Reid256

• fcbjakub

we got 8 people but … in order for this ro run properly we should have 16 !! hopefully by sunday we get numbers!

• fcbjakub

At this point and realization that we truly need 16 teams for this to work out, we have to cancel the CUP, I wished that the RG community would come together and have some fun but only 8 people signed so to me it doesn’t make a lot of sense to do it unless you guys really want to than I have no problem with it. So those signed up LMK in the private message if you’re still in.

• blitzology

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

i’m in

• fcbjakub

yea the cup has been cancelled :( maybe well try for baseball

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).