RSD FORUM

Comments

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #14

RG Tiered Ranking

I just wanted to vent after experiencing so much success, I came crashing down big time this last week. Monday started off with the Tyreke Evans bomb (being a late scratch). Tuesday, Bjelica plays only 23 minutes, Weds Giannis gets hurt, Thursday wasn’t as bad, but Prince playing only 23 minutes killed me, and now Friday Curry gets hurt, and the Bucks chalk imploded. Idk if it was variance, but I lost a lot of money this week. Was curious if other successful players lost a lot this week.

• ElSlappo

I don’t know that I would consider myself successful, but I will agree that this week sucked balls. Typical late season NBA. I’d be wise to just stop playing after the ASB but of course can’t stay away. Looking forward to MLB

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #14

RG Tiered Ranking

Considering you have a badge, I’m willing to bet you’re a successful DFS player. I couldn’t agree more. I’m excited for MLB, but I can’t atay away from the daily grind. Especially because NBA is my best sport. I think because it’s the easiest to predict.

• noheartanthony

You’re never as good as your highs and you’re never as bad as your lows(unless you’re just bad lol). I’ve had several significant swings thougout the year. Just coming out of one now thankfully. Like the above poster said, variance is even rougher this time of year. Like you though, I can’t quit it.

• joe2dwight

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

I could not agree more. I always forget the roller coaster ride that is late season NBA. Bring on the MLB variance!

• MarvG

I had a solid week, Thursday and Friday were really good. But it’s time for baseball season. The NBA is insanely hard in March and April.

• jmo26

No doubt this is a tough time of year — I’m in no rush to move onto MLB (prefer NBA for DFS), but it’ll certainly be nice to consistently know who’s playing before lock.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

You think last week was tilting? Just wait until the every day variance of MLB hitters starts using you as a punching bag. Not looking forward to MLB replacing NBA as the daily game to play.

• Njsum1

@sochoice said...

You think last week was tilting? Just wait until the every day variance of MLB hitters starts using you as a punching bag. Not looking forward to MLB replacing NBA as the daily game to play.

Like this at the end of every season. People can’t wait to move on to the next sport. Then the complaining starts when things don’t go exactly according to plan.

I prefer nba DFS to all DFS. Also not so excited to move onto the slow play and scoring that is mlb DFS. I like MLB, yet I’d rather play nba.

People complain about late scratches…just wait when a game that is 80% likely to play, that is choc full o fantasy goodness gets postponed due to rain. Or Kershaw gets rocked at home against the Padres. Or when Stanton goes 0 for 4 with 3ks versus the biggest lefty gas can in the league.

To the OP, I had a solid nba week up until last night. Which was my worst night of the entire season. Just because something is predictable, doesn’t mean it always is, or things will always go according to plan. Sometimes I just miss things, or think I see something that’s not there. If you’re good, it’s still a good time to play NBA IMO. You’ll get on the right side of variance sooner or later….hopefully 🤨

• ElSlappo

Yeah I admit to whining about every sport as its season ends and pining for the next one only to whine about that one too.

I love MLB but the following items can frustrate: rainouts, especially rainouts like the WAS debacle where it doesn’t actually rain; managers pinch hitting for their cleanup hitter in the 4th inning, managers removing dominant pitchers only to watch the bullpen shit themselves, hitters in prime spots going 0/4 with 4 K’s, but then the next day double dongs while you fade

• txdave41

@ElSlappo said...

Yeah I admit to whining about every sport as its season ends and pining for the next one only to whine about that one too.

I love MLB but the following items can frustrate: rainouts, especially rainouts like the WAS debacle where it doesn’t actually rain; managers pinch hitting for their cleanup hitter in the 4th inning, managers removing dominant pitchers only to watch the bullpen shit themselves, hitters in prime spots going 0/4 with 4 K’s, but then the next day double dongs while you fade

And don’t forget batter cold streak. Last year, George Springer was red hot and I kept losing to lineups with this guy. I started playing him and I be damned, the guy sucked every night I played him for like a month.

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

come on guys don’t tilt up before the season even begins!

• gravitymaze

Yeah Mlb has much more research involved. Before you even start on a lineup you have to consider weather and then wind.

• sethayates

@Njsum1 said...

People complain about late scratches…just wait when a game that is 80% likely to play, that is choc full o fantasy goodness gets postponed due to rain. Or Kershaw gets rocked at home against the Padres. Or when Stanton goes 0 for 4 with 3ks versus the biggest lefty gas can in the league.

While the rainouts bother me the absolute most tilting thing in MLB is when someone robs a home run from one of your hitters. You go from potentially 14+ points (DK scoring) to zero just because the ball was hit a few inches low and the outfielder got a great jump on it.

Thankfully, home runs getting robbed is somewhat rare.

• joe2dwight

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

Definitely a lot of tilt-worthy events in MLB but come on, there’s the flip side. Beauty of DFS MLB is there’s no clock so if you stack the right lineup you can blow up a slate in 1 or 2 innings.

• joonyari22

• Blogger of the Month

@ElSlappo said...

hitters in prime spots going 0/4 with 4 K’s, but then the next day double dongs while you fade

this for me is the epitomy of tilt city…i am getting major anxiety just thinking about the incoming Arenado double dong game in Petco after going 3 for 25 in Coors the series before when i rostered him all 4 games lol

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

@sethayates said...

While the rainouts bother me the absolute most tilting thing in MLB is when someone robs a home run from one of your hitters. You go from potentially 14+ points (DK scoring) to zero just because the ball was hit a few inches low and the outfielder got a great jump on it.

Thankfully, home runs getting robbed is somewhat rare.

I’m more annoyed when an ‘out’ is misplayed in the outfield and is scored a triple because they only count physical errors.

• jmo26

@kaetorade said...

I’m more annoyed when an ‘out’ is misplayed in the outfield and is scored a triple because they only count physical errors.

Unless you’ve got that hitter… (but agreed)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.