NBA FORUM

Comments

• tkotrain

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

Tuesday
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• JustDFSin

all in on kyrie!!!

• thegeneral391

@JustDFSin said...

all in on kyrie!!!

who’ll have more pts, kyrie or Lebron

• BUFUu2

@JustDFSin said...

all in on kyrie!!!

i been thinking about this since thursday… I will have my fair share but kyrie sucks at defending and Cleveland don’t really have a good backup but shumpert i think the true value in that game will be rose….. I will be loaded with him. I can see Cleveland blowing up boston and it won’t be much of a game… I really like the houston vs gs game. Faster paced lower somewhat owned from the other game… I am going more towards paul and rose…. Not going to have much shares of harden either last year if i remember correct he acted like a half way pg and brought the ball up the court. With paul there i think that won’t happen at all….

• BUFUu2

@thegeneral391 said...

who’ll have more pts, kyrie or Lebron

I am going to guess Kyrie far a dk points….. He will be the main focus and is a ball hog and his min should be there…. Labron actually shares the ball and gets the team involved….

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@BUFUu2 said...

i been thinking about this since thursday… I will have my fair share but kyrie sucks at defending and Cleveland don’t really have a good backup but shumpert i think the true value in that game will be rose….. I will be loaded with him. I can see Cleveland blowing up boston and it won’t be much of a game… I really like the houston vs gs game. Faster paced lower somewhat owned from the other game… I am going more towards paul and rose…. Not going to have much shares of harden either last year if i remember correct he acted like a half way pg and brought the ball up the court. With paul there i think that won’t happen at all….

Tend to think it’ll be the opposite – I believe the later game will be higher owned. At least it should be. Boston and Cleveland were 12th/16th in pace. Golden State and Houston were 4th and 3rd in pace. That’s a lot more possessions and opportunities for fantasy points in the later game.

• JustDFSin

More value plays in the Bos/Cle game, but the Hou/GS game will be higher scoring imo. Kyrie outscores LeBron Dk points wise. I think Harden will be a fade for me along with Lebron and Klove.

• damionismyname

Both these sites need to drop the October 18th slates and stop messing around. Not everyone wants to blow there bankroll on the 2 game slate. Give us something else to build lineups for.

• KindGuy

@damionismyname said...

Both these sites need to drop the October 18th slates and stop messing around. Not everyone wants to blow there bankroll on the 2 game slate. Give us something else to build lineups for.

Yea, the frustrating part is that DK has a 20 entry max $1,000,000 GPP with only a $3 entry fee but that’s probably just a way to get casuals to play. I bet they’re gonna revert back to $200,000 prize pools with 150 entry max and a $4-5 entry fee on October 18th.

• JustDFSin

If you want to make money this year in NBA play the late slate. It was unbelievable how many players that were out were highly owned and news had been out for hours. The main slate will be Russian roulette with late injury news, and DK hasn’t confirmed whether or not they will be offering late swap.

• damionismyname

Dk will lose their customer base for NBA is this scoring and payout bs continues into the regular season.

• gillio

You’re a lunatic if you fade Lebron on this slate

• tmarohl

@gillio said...

I won’t have any Lebron. The only time he is playable in my opinion is in the playoffs, and in two game slates where there are no other options. Lebron comes with inflated ownership , is a turnover machine, and is the first one to sit if they get up big. Not to mention now Cleveland has more mouths to feed with Wade, Crowder and Rose in the starting lineup along with Lebron and Love. If I recall, Lebron hit value less than 25% of the time in the regular season last year. So yeah Gillio, load up on Lebron if you want to lose. I don’t play cash games though, Lebron might be playable in those.

• jv21

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

Two good games, hopefully they are competitive.

So many options in creating a lineup since we don’t know what can happen.

Anyone using the preseason games to see how the Celtics, Cavs and Rockets will play? I feel like the new additions may make data from last year be useless.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

I won’t have any Lebron. The only time he is playable in my opinion is in the playoffs, and in two game slates where there are no other options. Lebron comes with inflated ownership , is a turnover machine, and is the first one to sit if they get up big. Not to mention now Cleveland has more mouths to feed with Wade, Crowder and Rose in the starting lineup along with Lebron and Love. If I recall, Lebron hit value less than 25% of the time in the regular season last year. So yeah Gillio, load up on Lebron if you want to lose. I don’t play cash games though, Lebron might be playable in those.

nice ranking tma!

• JustDFSin

@gillio said...

Why ? He hasn’t played this preseason so he isn’t in game shape yet. It is no long the big 3 now. Rose likes to shoot same with Wade Klove and even Crowder will shoot. Lebron will no longer have to be responsible for handling the ball now that they Rose and D Wade. If it is your gut feeling go with it. If I had a choice I would take Durant

• KindGuy

Huge Lebron fan but I’m leaning towards fading him. His ankle is a worrisome and Curry is in such a better spot.

I think you’re a lunatic if you fade Curry, not so much with Lebron.

• RogueGrinder

Thought Lebron wasn’t playing the opener…

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

Huge Lebron fan but I’m leaning towards fading him. His ankle is a worrisome and Curry is in such a better spot.

I think you’re a lunatic if you fade Curry, not so much with Lebron.

On DK I’m leaning to PG heavy lineups.

• gillio

Lebron James DK scores vs Celtics last season:

For an average of 61.7
    His salary opening night is 10.2k so with his average from last year vs this team compared to his salary opening night he returned a value of 6.04 which is pretty damn good. It’s more than pretty damn good actually, it’s insane.

Add on top of that Kyrie is off this team and Lebron is going to want to stick it to Kyrie. So go ahead and fade him on a 2 game slate.

• VRod305

I take it that bum Irving is going to be 99 percent owned then. I love that.

• tmarohl

@gillio said...

Lebron James DK scores vs Celtics last season:

For an average of 61.7
    His salary opening night is 10.2k so with his average from last year vs this team compared to his salary opening night he returned a value of 6.04 which is pretty damn good. It’s more than pretty damn good actually, it’s insane.

Add on top of that Kyrie is off this team and Lebron is going to want to stick it to Kyrie. So go ahead and fade him on a 2 game slate.

I don’t think he can replicate that on his bad ankle and only playing one game of the preseason. I think Kyrie will also want to stick it to Lebron.

• Johno

@VRod305 said...

I take it that bum Irving is going to be 99 percent owned then. I love that.

Just because you’re a bum doesn’t mean you can’t dominate dfs… just ask Harden

• RogueGrinder

@tmarohl said...

I don’t think he can replicate that on his bad ankle and only playing one game of the preseason. I think Kyrie will also want to stick it to Lebron.

I put lebron in because people will think just like that. if he goes off, then low ownership will win gpp. I’ll take a chance.

• moped_jones

Been waiting for this since I realized how much I hated MLB DFS (May).

Going light on opening night since it’s only a two game slate, but going nuts on Wednesday night (checked out the pricing on the Wednesday slate (on FD) and there is a TON of value in the 4k-5k range. So plenty of room for multiple studs). Probably will play 20 $4 contests.

For Tuesday my core will be: Irving, Love, Hayward, and Crowder. After that it’s just mixing and matching. Just playing the $1 3 entry max on FD. Then a buck’s worth of quarter arcade games on DK. 2 game slates kind of suck, but I’m glad NBA is finally back.

• moped_jones

@gillio said...

He’s got a gimpy ankle. I’m sure he’ll play but I’d rather have Durant + the $600 in savings (in a faster paced game) if I were only doing 1 LU.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).