NBA FORUM

Comments

• tkotrain

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

Tuesday
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Whacko

@S7ubs said...

Anybody else been having issues with FantasyLabs? NBA player pools arent loading. NFL player pools are stil from 10/6. Any ideas?

No issues like that, you should clear cache…see if that helps

• CAMFAN11

What’s the chances first is not split 1000 ways tonight barring something like an injury or blowout? If both games r close u will be splitting 1st a billion ways =(

• jdogg422

Tt@osuryanf

• JustDFSin

@CAMFAN11 said...

What’s the chances first is not split 1000 ways tonight barring something like an injury or blowout? If both games r close u will be splitting 1st a billion ways =(

It virtually is never a tie. There are so many value plays it could be a random value guy like jeff Green that wins it all

• prater715

• JustDFSin

@winnerchickendinner said...

Who would you rather have off the bench: for Boston Smart or Rozier and for Cleveland Rose or Smith?

Smart and Rose easily

• gillio

• TrustinthePlan

@CAMFAN11 said...

I agree with JustDFSin, it almost never is a tie, no matter how big or small the slate is. There is always that 1 value play that hits and that person takes it. Interesting 2 game slate though tonight. I am mostly fading Harden and Curry because I don’t think either will hit good value.

• dominicanpapi

@osuryanf said...

Life-long Cavs fan here… I don’t have any “info” for it, but I really think LeBron plays tonight.. Word out of many Cleveland posters seems to think he definitely suits up. He’s a competitor and if you don’t think he wants to send a message to Kyrie you’re crazy —- not to mention it’s a nationally televised game and a chance to play with his long lost buddy Wade.. I can’t CONFIRM he’s playing, but knowing the dude and the situation(s) I’ll be absolutely SHOCKED if he doesn’t play.. The dude is a freak of nature, he heals faster than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Now, with that said, there is someone on the Cavs I’m 100% on. Who can guess it? First person to guess it I will exchange messages with for NBA advice upto 1 week just to act like it’s a prize for guessing (I don’t suck at NBA, promise).

DRose?

My two cents: with all the trades Boston made this offseason, they’re going to get killed on the boards. I’m all in on Love/Crowder stack at the 4, and Tristan might be a sneaky tournament play at low ownership since he’s coming off the bench. But he could definitely get a double double quickly. We got to remember, any time one of Cleveland’s big 3 were out, you were usually playing the other two b/c of the higher usage. With Irving gone, I think I’ll ride the Love train until his price makes him unplayable.

Tatum is tempting but he’s a rookie playing in his first NBA game, I’d like to get a bigger sample size on him when he plays more. Otherwise, I think Irving, Smart, and Brown are my preferred plays. Smart is definitely a GPP play, I think most will lean on Rose because he’s starting but Smart’s probably going to see 30-32 minutes tonight.

Houston-Golden State – I like Klay, Durant, and Iggy if he plays. The injury to Iggy concerns me a bit which is why I think he’s a tournament play. Green has a back issue and in looking at the game logs from last year, other than the 2 OT game he really didn’t do a whole lot vs. Houston anyway and I much prefer Love at $1300 cheaper. Houston side is trickier, Harden’s too overpriced…Capela is a core play of mine but whoever wins tonight will be the one who figured out that Gordon/Ariza/Tucker/Anderson situation. I really want to play Ariza, but if Iggy is good to go, at 4300 and possibly playing 25-28 minutes…I’d rather target him instead.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I wish I didn’t start playing with lineups until there was some clarification on a few of the injuries.
    I already have more ideas than I can afford, and the way my brain is spinning it’s going to be mush by the time I sit down and actually have to make decisions later on.

• tmarohl

@TrustinthePlan said...

I agree with JustDFSin, it almost never is a tie, no matter how big or small the slate is. There is always that 1 value play that hits and that person takes it. Interesting 2 game slate though tonight. I am mostly fading Harden and Curry because I don’t think either will hit good value.

It will be a tie on FD, and I bet you more than 10 people tie for the top prize, just like in the two game playoff slates last spring.

• gillio

You’re all ignoring the best value play tonight. Here’s his DK averages last year against the team he’s playing tonight:

22.3, 21.8, 30, 38.8

And he’s priced in the 3ks and gonna be low low owned

• baseballislife93

Anybody else having trouble editing lineups on fanduel mobile app
    Keep getting error and it closes when I go to edit a lineup

• Volcomsurf

@kbarnhill7523 – If Green sits tonight, doesn’t that mean KD gets more run tonight? Especially with Iggy out? They usually want him to step up more on D, Blocks, Rebounds. If Lebron sits wouldn’t in make sense to play KD?

• bfwl3434

@gillio said...

You’re all ignoring the best value play tonight. Here’s his DK averages last year against the team he’s playing tonight:

22.3, 21.8, 30, 38.8

And he’s priced in the 3ks and gonna be low low owned

You think iggy will be that low owned?

• gillio

@Volcomsurf said...

@kbarnhill7523 – If Green sits tonight, doesn’t that mean KD gets more run tonight? Especially with Iggy out? They usually want him to step up more on D, Blocks, Rebounds. If Lebron sits wouldn’t in make sense to play KD?

Iggy expected to play, draymond expected to play

• winnerchickendinner

My mind is going everywhere and now I’m settling on the fact that bos/cle becomes a blowout.

• thedkexperience

My thoughts for everyone who says that LeBron, KD, Curry, CP3 or anyone else is a must play.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@Volcomsurf said...

Oh yeah… if Green sits that changes everything. KD would be a must play IMO.

Where you attack HOU is at SG (Harden defense) and PF (Ryan Anderson defense)… CP3, Capela and Ariza are all very capable defenders. So if Green is playing he’s the right play. If he sits and they start Iggy, that would slide Durant to the 4 and he would DESTROY Ryan Anderson.

This is actually why I like Tucker so much tonight. The way the game sets up they would need extra defense help and PJ is a bulldog.

All this to say, don’t get me wrong. My FD lineup construction is 100% driven by salary as it relates to roster construction. Most people will play either 1 or both of Lebron and KD. If they don’t get 6x at their price I don’t see how you win a GPP with them. Harden is much more likely of all of them to drop a 70 burger which is why I want him over the other guys. I can’t really build a roster I like that has all 3 of Kyrie, Harden and KD.

• incognito11

For FD anyone else thinking BOTH Paul and Kyrie?

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

@incognito11 said...

For FD anyone else thinking BOTH Paul and Kyrie?

You can do it. I just feel like Harden is still going to be the primary ball handler… not sure what CP3 can do with a low usage.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

@thedkexperience said...

My thoughts for everyone who says that LeBron, KD, Curry, CP3 or anyone else is a must play.

YUP

• Jdeac

Not sure how accurate this is, but kind of interesting.
    https://twitter.com/julianedlow/status/920313254387310592

• Whacko

No need for us to overthink this slate.
    There is not enough leverage to warrant getting cute.

I’m sticking to a balanced approach….. MAYBE

• TheRyanFlaherty

I couldn’t even get one night where I didn’t have to wait on injury news?
    See now Lebron is a game time decision…this really sucks because it so worldly changes the complection of everything. Lebron, and Green availability also effects how many lu’s I may want to enter…ugh….

Probably should just withdraw and keep one entry in each site, try to forget the variations i’d been planning and just throw together whatever makes sense at 7:45.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).