NBA FORUM

Comments

• tkotrain

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

Tuesday
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Philito12

If that’s for real BOS starting lineup I have a feeling LBJs ankle just got a lot better.

• Milladelphia

Hey now. What did TJ do to you?

• thedkexperience

@billholler said...

Don’t be so fast to take “a stand” as being good advice. Two game slate you are looking for raw points. Not sure why this has to be discussed once again. Lebron could easily be the highest fantasy scorer. Btw, Tatum is starting for BOS and not coming off the bench.

LeBron could also easily be the third highest scorer at his position or get a zero with a bad ankle.

And even if he has the most raw points it’s not like Hayward can’t stay within 10 at 2/3rds the price.

I dunno but I see a lot more reasons to not play LeBron than vice versa.

• mbyrd75

really wish i had the guts to toss jordan bell in a LU. still might but he’s definitely a guy i’ll go to immediately in the future if Green misses a game or he gets more time in the rotation.

• Philito12

@RogueGrinder said...

What are reasons you guys would fade a player?

if his name is Tim Hardaway Jr.

• billholler

@mbyrd75 said...

yup..Surprised to see Brown and Tatum starting

PG Kyrie Irving
    SG Gordon Hayward
    SF Jaylen Brown
    PF Jayson Tatum
    C Al Horford

Yeah I don’t get the attempt at small ball but have plodding 7’ 19” Horford out there trying to keep up.

• ELopez432

Ariza or Smart?

• billholler

@thedkexperience said...

LeBron could also easily be the third highest scorer at his position or get a zero with a bad ankle.

And even if he has the most raw points it’s not like Hayward can’t stay within 10 at 2/3rds the price.

I dunno but I see a lot more reasons to not play LeBron than vice versa.

With all things considered, if this was a 10 game slate you would probably fade Lebron unless you just wanted to be contrarian and get him at pretty low ownership. Again on a 2 game slate, you are looking for raw points. If he has a bad game and “only” scores 45 fantasy points, he still didn’t hurt you and still has a good chance of being in a winning GPP lineup. After all the beef between him and Kyrie, do you seriously think LeBron is going to sit tonight?

• mbyrd75

@billholler said...

Yeah I don’t get the attempt at small ball but have plodding 7’ 19” Horford out there trying to keep up.

right. Makes me worry a bit actually about Horford’s minutes. Unless his plan is some sort of StanVan with Howard in Orlando 4 outside 1 inside kind of setup. Which if so I think Horford dominates love, frye, TT, and anybody else Cleveland can throw at him. Lots of drives from Hayward, Irving, Brown etc. Easy buckets for Big Al.

Might have just talked myself off and then back on Horford…lol

• AtomicCity42

Excited for basketball to be back. Looking forward to this season more than one I can remember in a long time.

• monarch

@mbyrd75 said...

right. Makes me worry a bit actually about Horford’s minutes. Unless his plan is some sort of StanVan with Howard in Orlando 4 outside 1 inside kind of setup. Which if so I think Horford dominates love, frye, TT, and anybody else Cleveland can throw at him. Lots of drives from Hayward, Irving, Brown etc. Easy buckets for Big Al.

Might have just talked myself off and then back on Horford…lol

They ran their offense through Horford in the preseason…often with him with the ball at the top of the key as a facilitator. Kinda like how GSW uses Draymond but Al is a better shooter. If Boston somehow wins tonight then Horford will definitely be in the winning LU. He’s that involved.

• MarcoPolo128

@Philito12 said...

So whats really the point of getting Paul if u don’t intend on him being the primary 1. I think Harden running point will be situational now, which makes it scarier if its not all the time. If you can take some of the load off harden he might be more fresh for whatever series in the playoffs they ultimately lose in. If you wanted to bring in an “off ball” guard to help Harden, it aint Chris Paul.

Couldn’t agree more

• mbyrd75

@monarch said...

They ran their offense through Horford in the preseason…often with him with the ball at the top of the key as a facilitator. Kinda like how GSW uses Draymond but Al is a better shooter. If Boston somehow wins tonight then Horford will definitely be in the winning LU. He’s that involved.

That makes sense then. Lots of off the ball movement from young fast players around Al as the focal point. He’s a really good passer too. Feel better now about my 80% horford.

• thedkexperience

@billholler said...

With all things considered, if this was a 10 game slate you would probably fade Lebron unless you just wanted to be contrarian and get him at pretty low ownership. Again on a 2 game slate, you are looking for raw points. If he has a bad game and “only” scores 45 fantasy points, he still didn’t hurt you and still has a good chance of being in a winning GPP lineup. After all the beef between him and Kyrie, do you seriously think LeBron is going to sit tonight?

Haha, no, no I don’t. Still, I think there are better uses of cap space than Bronbron tonight.

Namely Harden and Hayward on a discount.

Yet, that’s why they play the games!

• sherm812

Which player are you talking about

• billholler

@monarch said...

Makes sense to me now.

• billholler

@thedkexperience said...

Haha, no, no I don’t. Still, I think there are better uses of cap space than Bronbron tonight.

Namely Harden and Hayward on a discount.

Yet, that’s why they play the games!

I have LeBron in utility spot in my no-Harden lineups so I can switch them out quickly if I need to.

• cjrswish

As motivated as Kyrie will be tonight…he’s one guy. Lebron is going to have Cleveland’s entire roster treating this like it’s game 7 of the finals. He’s going to want to roundhouse kick Boston out of the arena. In narratives like Kyries we often get caught up in one side of it and forget the guys on the other side have their own narrative motivations. Give me all the lebron/crowder/love.

• frugal

Man…PF on Yahoo sucks tonight due to paying up for Love/Green, going for a fringe budget option, or Ryan Anderson.

• superstars92

@cjrswish said...

As motivated as Kyrie will be tonight…he’s one guy. Lebron is going to have Cleveland’s entire roster treating this like it’s game 7 of the finals. He’s going to want to roundhouse kick Boston out of the arena. In narratives like Kyries we often get caught up in one side of it and forget the guys on the other side have their own narrative motivations. Give me all the lebron/crowder/love.

Kyrie can suck tonight and still put up 30 shots and go 10-30 (which is bad) and score like 30 real points with a few FTs and 3s.

• gillio

@superstars92 said...

Kyrie can suck tonight and still put up 30 shots and go 10-30 (which is bad) and score like 30 real points with a few FTs and 3s.

And I’ll tske Steph scoring 25+ and a bunch of peripherals

• Whacko

I think we all should take a moment and properly come to terms with what is about to happen tonight.

As many of you have come to notice, NO other thread on RG becomes more volatile than our very own NBA Daily thread.
    May everyone be ready for the utmost Highs and the utmost lows….

The forum trolls will be active….. So let’s all remind ourselves that no matter what happens tonight…. We have many more nights to redemption

Drinking will commence in T-Minus 5 Hours.

• tonytone1908

@mbyrd75 said...

yup..Surprised to see Brown and Tatum starting

PG Kyrie Irving
    SG Gordon Hayward
    SF Jaylen Brown
    PF Jayson Tatum
    C Al Horford

Beware of the infamous 6 min start only to ride the pine the rest of the night.

• gim77us

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

@Whacko said...

I think we all should take a moment and properly come to terms with what is about to happen tonight.

As many of you have come to notice, NO other thread on RG becomes more volatile than our very own NBA Daily thread.
    May everyone be ready for the utmost Highs and the utmost lows….

The forum trolls will be active….. So let’s all remind ourselves that no matter what happens tonight…. We have many more nights to redemption

Drinking will commence in T-Minus 5 Hours.

Ah yes, I can already see “Kyrie missed his first shot, what a bum why did I take him????” posts

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@superstars92 said...

So basically IT3 from last year?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).