NBA FORUM

Comments

• tkotrain

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

Tuesday
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tonytone1908

@frugal said...

Remember Morris is out for the Celtics tonight and Baynes questionable. Tatum should get some real run. If Baynes is out, 1 of Yabusele or Theis should get a little burn. Brown I’m not entirely sure of, but since I doubt Larkin gets too much burn he should see a min of 18-20.

Or they go small? I doubt it but it’s possible. Anyways, just more of a warning for later on in the season. We’ve all been burned by the 6 min Amir Johnson start at some point! lol

• billholler

@DirkDigglerz said...

Don’t overthink it Just play Curry, Durant, Capela , Ariza, Tatum and you’re done

My first chance to argue with you this season but I can’t on this one. That’s almost what I did.

• realphipps

Who is ABC?

Sorry, trying to get into mid-season form on opening night.

• kleraudio

@billholler said...

DFS Alerts on here. I always watch Rotoworld player news. They are usually almost as fast as Twitter.

Thanks for this

• bigkino217

ha OKC is letting some two-way contract player wear #35

• 2per

@realphipps said...

Who is ABC?

Sorry, trying to get into mid-season form on opening night.

• mbunner23

Good to be back on the NBA forum.

My takes for today. Most of this is for cash games.

All the Kyrie. He’s going to be juiced up for this matchup, and doesn’t have to share the ball with LeBron. I’d rather have him than CP3 or Steph tonight. Derrick Rose can’t guard a chair. Even if he is 60 percent owned, you’re just over thinking it if you fade him.

I’ll also be all in on Rose, same as above. Kyrie can’t guard anybody and even though the other game has a higher projected total, I will be using the two point guards from the Celts, Cavs game.

Houston brought in CP3 to play point guard, if you think otherwise, something is wrong. He will play off the ball some but his primary duty is to be the pg of this team. Harden will still run the point at times, but there’s no way Harden does like he did last season. Chris Paul is a top 5 pg of all time…

LeBron isn’t sitting tonight. 0% chance of this.

In the second game tonight, I love Klay Thompson and Draymond. Those two have the better matchup of anyone on GS. Houston has some pretty versatile wing defenders which takes me off of KD. Curry could explode but I’ll take my chances with Irving and Rose.

Crowder, Brown, and Thompson are the values of the night.

Those are my thoughts on draftkings pricing.

• emnj69

there are a few guys u get forced to play on such a small really are unbearable lol I find myself playing my most hated player ever in anderson tonight and when I watch him get 5 points I will want to break stuff

• jon2115

@frugal

Did Yahoo also get rid of the 1/2 point bonus for a 3-pointer?

• Epicsic

Can’t wait for tonight!!! Woo so excited !!

• Epicsic

@DirkDigglerz said...

Don’t overthink it Just play Curry, Durant, Capela , Ariza, Tatum and you’re done

Send me a H2H then!

• osuryanf

Some of ya’ll wayyyyy too high on Crowder and don’t sleep on Jeff Green – he will get minutes!

• frugal

@tonytone1908 said...

Or they go small? I doubt it but it’s possible. Anyways, just more of a warning for later on in the season. We’ve all been burned by the 6 min Amir Johnson start at some point! lol

Yes, I remember. If Morris was available, I’d pass on Tatum tonight. In fact on Yahoo, I’m really only comfortable in him as he’s a min price player. Hayward will absolutely play some PF tonight and presuming Baynes is healthy, they will likely run Horford at PF some. I think Tatum is safe for 18-25 unless he goes out there and completely craps the bed committing 2 fouls and 3 turnovers in the first couple minutes.

• thedkexperience

@kleraudio said...

I’m new to NBA so this is probably a really dumb question. But in hockey, there are 4 separate lines that skate together (most of the time) How do you know who backs up who in basketball?

That’s a weirdly complex question. Most NBA teams play a 8 to 10 man rotation. In a vacuum a normal starter will play 30 minutes per night. That’s 150 of the total 240 minutes. Almost every team will have 2 bench guys (one small, one big) play “starters minutes” of around 30. That’s 210, and pretty much leaves 15 each to 2 bums or 5 more for a star and less for a bum etc. In a nutshell that means on most teams 7 people will be viable plays on any given night.

However, this doesn’t answer your question because the real answer is to watch the games.

Using Houston, for example, CP3 is going to be Harden’s back up but also start at the off guard. This means that CP3 will get sent to the bench early (the exact opposite of hockey) and then “shift change” back in when Harden sits. Their strategy is to have 48 minutes of elite PG play, not 36 minutes where their best 2 guys are playing and 12 where it’s a normal back up.

So, yeah, don’t worry so much about who is starting. Worry about who is getting minutes. Hope this kinda helps but there is not much else that can be said other than every coach deploys their bench differently so you gotta watch the games.

As someone who watches 70+ Sixers games I can tell you how Brett Brown deploys his bench very clearly. Meanwhile if it’s a conversation about, say, the Nets? I have no idea what their coaches tendencies are so I’ll mostly just be using their minutes as a guide.

• tproffittphotog

deleted comment

• Epicsic

@osuryanf said...

Some of ya’ll wayyyyy too high on Crowder and don’t sleep on Jeff Green – he will get minutes!

0% green tonight

• frugal

@jon2115 said...

@frugal

Did Yahoo also get rid of the 1/2 point bonus for a 3-pointer?

Yes, they went to the NBA official fantasy scoring, same as FD.

• tproffittphotog

@kleraudio said...

I’m new to NBA so this is probably a really dumb question. But in hockey, there are 4 separate lines that skate together (most of the time) How do you know who backs up who in basketball?

NBA basically has a first string and second string rotation….first string plays the first half of quarter one and the last of quarter two with some variance depending on the players…bigger names will obviously play more minutes but basically the same set up. Starters play first half of third quarter and the final 6-8 of the fourth quarter. Players outside the top 10 are useless and shouldn’t be considered for NBA. Also remember that you are shooting for 5 to 6X salary for tournaments.

• wangtaoalex

CP3 OWNS CURRY TONIGHT!

• thedkexperience

@mbunner23 said...

Good to be back on the NBA forum.

My takes for today. Most of this is for cash games.

All the Kyrie. He’s going to be juiced up for this matchup, and doesn’t have to share the ball with LeBron. I’d rather have him than CP3 or Steph tonight. Derrick Rose can’t guard a chair. Even if he is 60 percent owned, you’re just over thinking it if you fade him.

I’ll also be all in on Rose, same as above. Kyrie can’t guard anybody and even though the other game has a higher projected total, I will be using the two point guards from the Celts, Cavs game.

Houston brought in CP3 to play point guard, if you think otherwise, something is wrong. He will play off the ball some but his primary duty is to be the pg of this team. Harden will still run the point at times, but there’s no way Harden does like he did last season. Chris Paul is a top 5 pg of all time…

LeBron isn’t sitting tonight. 0% chance of this.

In the second game tonight, I love Klay Thompson and Draymond. Those two have the better matchup of anyone on GS. Houston has some pretty versatile wing defenders which takes me off of KD. Curry could explode but I’ll take my chances with Irving and Rose.

Crowder, Brown, and Thompson are the values of the night.

Those are my thoughts on draftkings pricing.

If CP3 is a top 5 all time PG and Harden is better at essentially every single thing over CP3, what does that make Harden?

Oh … a top 5 guard of all time behind MJ, Kobe, Magic and … um … Iverson? After the top 3 I’m seriously running out of names. Westbrook?

Harden is an unbelievable player that I don’t think we really understand yet how high in the guard universe he really is.

• osuryanf

@Epicsic said...

0% green tonight

I’m foolishly 25%.. Had to pick a couple punts somewhere. If he fails, well, come on 75% of my other lineups!

• jwq14

@DirkDigglerz said...

Durant, Ariza, and Tatum all are SF positions

• Element828

@yanksfan1 said...

Have no idea how to go about strategy tonight. Currently using 2 players from each team on every lineup

I did the same lineup for my lineup….i like it but not sure if ill tinker with it yet or not

• scott30346

LeBron & Jaylen Brown OR Rose & Curry???

• emnj69

hope lebron announces early he is playing-I will be fully fading him tonight without question.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).