NBA FORUM

Comments

• tkotrain

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

Tuesday
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BUFUu2

@frugal said...

If you don’t see Irving and Hayward as clear upgrades over Thomas and Crowder you’re fooling yourself. I also think Boston will be able to flat out outrun the Cavs as the Cavs average age of 30.2 is the oldest in the NBA.

lol Not saying they didn’t upgrade with scorers what I am saying they didn’t upgrade for rebounds and defensively…… They actually hurt them selves in losing crowder. he was there only real re bounder…. I just don’t see them blowing out the cavs thats it… I hope its a close game and I hope they win….. I think heyward is way over rated and irving if his shot is on they will be fine but if its not they are screwed point blank and period….

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@tmarohl said...

I think Hayward is a much better offensive player than Crowder. Crowder is a much better defensive player than Hayward. Crowder is probably the best defensive player in the starting lineup for Cleveland.

I think everyone is underestimating “angry” Crowder. 4500 is waaaaaay too cheap for him on FD. He can get 4x just in steals and blocks.

I’m sure he will be looking to stick it to Boston.

• KindGuy

Tatum is way too cheap on FD at only 3500

• gillio

@kbarnhill7523 said...

I think everyone is underestimating “angry” Crowder. 4500 is waaaaaay too cheap for him on FD. He can get 4x just in steals and blocks.

I’m sure he will be looking to stick it to Boston.

Crowder is one of my locks, he’s only 4300 on DraftKings, Boston can’t rebound so he should get boards too.

He was a 5-6k player last year, this is a free square

• draggin49

I’m curious if LBJ will pull some shit where he says he will play , but then plays limited mins.
    Wish I knew he was getting decent run cuz there’s nobody over on the celtics that is gonna match up well vs him.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

Tatum is way too cheap on FD at only 3500

Too cheap on DK at 3900 as well since he is starting.

• Asylum13

I agree with both of the last two statements

• damionismyname

@Lathum said...

There are going to be massive overlays tomorrow night

because they are fooling themselves into thinking everyone wants to blow their bankroll on a 2 game slate. Everyone is waiting for Wednesdays slate which has yet to be put out by either DK or FD. I’m sure they will conveniently both drop their Wednesday slates at the same time because they are two different companies remember?

• tmarohl

@draggin49 said...

I’m curious if LBJ will pull some shit where he says he will play , but then plays limited mins.
    Wish I knew he was getting decent run cuz there’s nobody over on the celtics that is gonna match up well vs him.

I don’t think I would like a healthy Lebron in this game. Too many mouths to feed on Cleveland now. It Cleveland gets up big or goes down big he will be on the bench.

• byo34

@damionismyname said...

because they are fooling themselves into thinking everyone wants to blow their bankroll on a 2 game slate. Everyone is waiting for Wednesdays slate which has yet to be put out by either DK or FD. I’m sure they will conveniently both drop their Wednesday slates at the same time because they are two different companies remember?

Wednesday slate for FD has been out for days

Edit: Nvm I see what you mean, no tourneys.

• tmarohl

@damionismyname said...

I already have several FD lineups ready to go for Wednesday. I just went over to the head to head section, found a $1 game, to get the pricing and built lineups. Rather than submitting, I printed the screen. Then cleared and did it again, and again, and again.

• byo34

@tmarohl said...

I already have several FD lineups ready to go for Wednesday. I just went over to the head to head section, found a $1 game, to get the pricing and built lineups. Rather than submitting, I printed the screen. Then cleared and did it again, and again, and again.

You can also create free contests.

• Jeddy3

I’m taking a stroll down narrative street with LBJ. I think if he plays he is going to try to make Kyrie wish he never left.

Plus, we all know how LBJ does on nationally televised games.

• draggin49

I agree , if lebron is healthy enough to play regular mins I think Cavs could pull away from Boston and he will for sure be first one to sit in that scenario since he is coming off a recent injury

• gillio

Iggy/Rose or Tatum/Gordon or Ariza

• tmarohl

@draggin49 said...

I agree , if lebron is healthy enough to play regular mins I think Cavs could pull away from Boston and he will for sure be first one to sit in that scenario since he is coming off a recent injury

I see way less minutes overall for Lebron this season than in the past. This is by far the deepest team he has been on. Let’s look at the potential rotations.
    Starters – C = Love, SF = Lebron, PG = Rose, SG = Wade, PF = Crowder.
    Bench C= Tristan, Frye, SG = Smith, Shumpert, Korver PF = Frye, Jeff Green, SF = Jeff Green, Korver, PG = Calderon

Bottom line depending on the lineups they roll out there is not a lot of reason to burn Lebron into the ground. I’m guessing he averages five minutes a game less than he did last year. I think they will play 11 guys most nights.

• frugal

@elementasrat said...

Hayward has never impressed me tbh and I’m not sure his defense is an upgrade over Crowder’s. Irving is obviously better than IT but I think Hayward and Crowder is pretty even. Maybe I’m being too harsh on Hayward but I think he’s a system player and Quin Snyder’s offensive scheme greatly enhanced Hayward’s skill set.

Crowder is pretty much an ideal 3 and D player, big hustle guy. I’m actually a big fan of him and hate that my team the Mavs got rid of him, but he’s a solid role player at best. Though coming off a career year he’ll be the 5th option of the Cavs starters and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets moved to the bench once the Love at C experiment hits some friction. Hayward is in a different league offensively. He was the #1 option in Utah by a significant margin and averaged 21.9 PPG last season. Think about that, teams game planned to stop Hayward and the Jazz played at one of the slowest paces in the league and he still was able to average 21.9. That’s impressive in my book. While Hayward will clearly be the #2 option in Boston, I imagine they’ll be plenty of nights where he takes over the offense.

• gillio

@tmarohl said...

Bottom line depending on the lineups they roll out there is not a lot of reason to burn Lebron into the ground. I’m guessing he averages five minutes a game less than he did last year. I think they will play 11 guys most nights.

I doubt Calderon plays much this season, Rose is starting, then coming out early so he can run with bench later in quarter and wade will take over when rose is out

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

So, no one has mentioned it yet and I’ll throw it out there…. PJ Tucker on FD… $3900. He’ll get the 2nd team run with Eric Gordon. Stout defender. His minutes should be in the low 20s, maybe high 20s if the game is tight and they need him for defense and toughness.

Pairing him with Jayson Tatum opens up everything….

• Ndepompei

DK released the late swap slate and contests are so small. looks like not much basketball for me this year

• KindGuy

@kbarnhill7523 said...

So, no one has mentioned it yet and I’ll throw it out there…. PJ Tucker on FD… $3900. He’ll get the 2nd team run with Eric Gordon. Stout defender. His minutes should be in the low 20s, maybe high 20s if the game is tight and they need him for defense and toughness.

Pairing him with Jayson Tatum opens up everything….

Yep that’s what I have on FD. He’s gonna see a ton of minutes guarding KD.

Remember, D’Antoni runs a really tight rotation of, at most, 9 players. Ariza can’t spend 100% of his time guarding KD.

• dtrain187

@Ndepompei said...

DK released the late swap slate and contests are so small. looks like not much basketball for me this year

Yep, so they are going the FD route and having split slates for late swap/no late swap. I’m all about having late swap, so hopefully the Wednesday slate will be bigger for late swap, since late swap for Tuesdays games is kind of pointless.

• damionismyname

@dtrain187 said...

Yep, so they are going the FD route and having split slates for late swap/no late swap. I’m all about having late swap, so hopefully the Wednesday slate will be bigger for late swap, since late swap for Tuesdays games is kind of pointless.

yeah that seems to be true and they both are probably keeping prize pools small for late swap contests when the situation should actually be reversed imo.

• jcrebs

@Lathum said...

There are going to be massive overlays tomorrow night

I usually play a single lineup, sometimes 3 in a DK 3 entry limit. So far, have 12 lineups in the DK $3 biggie, will probably add 8 more to get to the limit, because it sure looks like it will be a massive overlay. Got a headache from putting together 12 lineups, hats off to all you multi line up guys that do this regularly.

• Whacko

@jcrebs said...

I usually play a single lineup, sometimes 3 in a DK 3 entry limit. So far, have 12 lineups in the DK $3 biggie, will probably add 8 more to get to the limit, because it sure looks like it will be a massive overlay. Got a headache from putting together 12 lineups, hats off to all you multi line up guys that do this regularly.

I’m going lite, regardless of overlay…

As previous posters have stated Why waste Bankroll on a 2 game slate…
    Now I know I’m a degen but I’d rather load up on a Larger slate.,,,,,

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).