NBA FORUM

Comments

• tkotrain

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

Tuesday
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Whacko

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Hey I’m new to NBA fantasy. I was wondering if it’s normal to stack players of the same team or is it better to mix and match usually? Any tips would be really appreciated! Just doing one line up to begin with for the 2 game slate tomorrow.

With the Slate so small, You won’t be able to avoid stacks or a stackable situation, however it’s strongly advised to understand positive correlations…

• miggs6876

@elementasrat said...

I’m fading KD on FD I think but am not sure with the new scoring. Right now I have Tucker and Tatum locked in at SF.

Never fade KD. Big mistake.

• monarch

I feel like CLE is going to roll BOS tonight and guys like JR and Rozier could be the key if it’s non competitive.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@monarch said...

I feel like CLE is going to roll BOS tonight and guys like JR and Rozier could be the key if it’s non competitive.

If you feel that way then build your lineups accordingly. On 2 game slates you have to take a stand.

• Adamx799

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/07/08/heres-one-reason-celtics-fans-should-be-excited-about-marcus-morris

• Adamx799

Guess this should be a consideration in the future. Just realized Morris is out tonight

• Theguy49503

So how healthy is LBJ? How bad is the ankle?

• Theguy49503

I am also not hearing a lot of talk about Gordon Hayward, are guys staying away from rostering him?

• JustDFSin

who is backing up tatum at the 4 spot? for the Celtics

• windsorpg

Ahh it’s finally here. Love sipping on my morning coffee and reading through all your posts. Good luck to everyone tonight!

• S7ubs

Anybody else been having issues with FantasyLabs? NBA player pools arent loading. NFL player pools are stil from 10/6. Any ideas?

• BUFUu2

@winnerchickendinner said...

Eric Gordon is the only 6th man I like on this slate.

i actually like a few bench players on this slate…. I think smart is a great value play with morris out….. Jr don’t look bad either but i wont be all in on him.. But you are right Gordon is the best 6th man in this slate… the question is for my is to go with gordon or ryan anderson…. I hate playing ryan but he will be lower owned cuz most ppl prolly think like me and whenenver you don’t play him he goes of and when you do he will get ya 12 dk points

• frugal

@JustDFSin said...

who is backing up tatum at the 4 spot? for the Celtics

Honestly, I’m not completely convinced he will start. If Baynes is cleared there’s a chance they start him at C and Horford at PF. If Baynes is out, I imagine they’ll run Hayward at PF and Brown at SF when Tatum sits with 1 or 2 deep bench players getting a handful of minutes.

• frugal

@Theguy49503 said...

I am also not hearing a lot of talk about Gordon Hayward, are guys staying away from rostering him?

I’m feeling Kyrie more who I think is going to take 20+ shots tonight. But on a 2 game slate with everyone trying to squeeze in multiple studs a more balanced approach with Hayward might be a winner if either Lebron or KD (or both) fail to go off.

• Theguy49503

@frugal said...

I’m feeling Kyrie more who I think is going to take 20+ shots tonight. But on a 2 game slate with everyone trying to squeeze in multiple studs a more balanced approach with Hayward might be a winner if either Lebron or KD (or both) fail to go off.

I think Kyrie is a lock given the recent history, I may fade LBJ until i hear more about the ankle and I think other studs on the slate are cheaper and can hit the same value if not more like a LBJ

• Element828

I have a feeling Boston comes into Cleveland tonight to make a point…they spent the off season rebuilding and i think outplays Cleveland tonight…

Some guys I like from Boston is Kyrie for the revenge game…I really like Gordon Hayward you can find value in smart..tatum and brown

Only cavs guy i like is Kevin Love and nobody is really talking about him so he should have lower ownership. I think he grabs 10+ rebounds and if he gets hot from 3 he doesn’t stop shooting. You can look at wade, rose and crowder but i dont love them. I will probaly do a full fade on Lebron cause of the ankle…its the first game of the season and if he shows any pain during the game i could see the coach pulling him out of the game.

I like Ariza and Gordon from the rockets. Ariza is a boom/bust play but he can put up a good stat line and this will be a up tempo game and that helps him. Gordon runs the 2nd team and i think he hits value easily. I am about 50/50 on Harden and Paul. I think they are great gpp plays but with both of them on the floor worries me. You can also make a case for Capela and if Ryan Anderson gets hot from 3 he can crush value and he is pretty cheap.

And for the Warriors I like Thompson and Green. Rockets will do what they can to stop Curry and Durant…they will have paul on curry and split Ariza and Tucker on Durant. Not saying they will have a bad game but i think they dont do enough to get you a winning lineup. This will setup good for Thompson cause i could see harden guarding him and that will go poorly lol I do love Green but i gotta see if he plays or not. The uptempo game should help his stat line and a triple double isn’t really out of the question. Other then that i dont like any other warriors.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Element828 said...

I have a feeling Boston comes into Cleveland tonight to make a point…they spent the off season rebuilding and i think outplays Cleveland tonight…

Some guys I like from Boston is Kyrie for the revenge game…I really like Gordon Hayward you can find value in smart..tatum and brown

Only cavs guy i like is Kevin Love and nobody is really talking about him so he should have lower ownership. I think he grabs 10+ rebounds and if he gets hot from 3 he doesn’t stop shooting. You can look at wade, rose and crowder but i dont love them. I will probaly do a full fade on Lebron cause of the ankle…its the first game of the season and if he shows any pain during the game i could see the coach pulling him out of the game.

I like Ariza and Gordon from the rockets. Ariza is a boom/bust play but he can put up a good stat line and this will be a up tempo game and that helps him. Gordon runs the 2nd team and i think he hits value easily. I am about 50/50 on Harden and Paul. I think they are great gpp plays but with both of them on the floor worries me. You can also make a case for Capela and if Ryan Anderson gets hot from 3 he can crush value and he is pretty cheap.

And for the Warriors I like Thompson and Green. Rockets will do what they can to stop Curry and Durant…they will have paul on curry and split Ariza and Tucker on Durant. Not saying they will have a bad game but i think they dont do enough to get you a winning lineup. This will setup good for Thompson cause i could see harden guarding him and that will go poorly lol I do love Green but i gotta see if he plays or not. The uptempo game should help his stat line and a triple double isn’t really out of the question. Other then that i dont like any other warriors.

Very thoughtful post Element and filled with good points. However, Love is going to be massively owned and is being touted everywhere. Maybe you just haven’t seen it yet, but wanted to point that out.

• frugal

All the studs tonight will have solid ownership, no way to avoid that on a small slate. I think the edge comes in terms of value plays. On Yahoo, the chalk value will be Brown and Tatum. I will definitely be playing some of that chalk as fading min price starters is often a mistake. However, it might be beneficial to dig a bit deeper to differentiate. Here are 3 alternative value options:

Aron Baynes $10 – If cleared to play, there’s a chance he could start. Even if coming off the bench, he’s the only proven backup big the Celtics have and should get decent run. Off the bench tonight though he’d face a tough matchup against TT.

PJ tucker $10 – During the preseason, Tucker ran solid minutes with the 2nd unit. Ultimately, his upside is likely inversely tied to Anderson/Ariza. If the starter wings are cold or are allowing Durant to score at will, Tucker could see some extended run for defensive purposes and could benefit from the new 3 point steal scoring.

David West $10 – West’s ownership will be almost nonexistent tonight (and maybe rightly so). However, last season he averaged ~1 YFFP against Houston. Green was reportedly having back issues closing out the preseason. If for any reason Green’s minutes are limited (due to health or fouls), West could stand to benefit.

• osuryanf

Life-long Cavs fan here… I don’t have any “info” for it, but I really think LeBron plays tonight.. Word out of many Cleveland posters seems to think he definitely suits up. He’s a competitor and if you don’t think he wants to send a message to Kyrie you’re crazy —- not to mention it’s a nationally televised game and a chance to play with his long lost buddy Wade.. I can’t CONFIRM he’s playing, but knowing the dude and the situation(s) I’ll be absolutely SHOCKED if he doesn’t play.. The dude is a freak of nature, he heals faster than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Now, with that said, there is someone on the Cavs I’m 100% on. Who can guess it? First person to guess it I will exchange messages with for NBA advice upto 1 week just to act like it’s a prize for guessing (I don’t suck at NBA, promise).

• Element828

@sochoice said...

Very thoughtful post Element and filled with good points. However, Love is going to be massively owned and is being touted everywhere. Maybe you just haven’t seen it yet, but wanted to point that out.

Yeah I just looked at the projected ownership. I just havent seen many people talk about him on here. I still think he is a prertty good play though even if he is 30-40% owned

• monarch

@osuryanf said...

Life-long Cavs fan here… I don’t have any “info” for it, but I really think LeBron plays tonight.. Word out of many Cleveland posters seems to think he definitely suits up. He’s a competitor and if you don’t think he wants to send a message to Kyrie you’re crazy —- not to mention it’s a nationally televised game and a chance to play with his long lost buddy Wade.. I can’t CONFIRM he’s playing, but knowing the dude and the situation(s) I’ll be absolutely SHOCKED if he doesn’t play.. The dude is a freak of nature, he heals faster than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Now, with that said, there is someone on the Cavs I’m 100% on. Who can guess it? First person to guess it I will exchange messages with for NBA advice upto 1 week just to act like it’s a prize for guessing (I don’t suck at NBA, promise).

I like all the Cavs but love but I’ll guess D Rose who will be defender by either Kyrie or Rozier against a team without a single shot blocker on the roster.

• winnerchickendinner

Who would you rather have off the bench: for Boston Smart or Rozier and for Cleveland Rose or Smith?

• winnerchickendinner

@osuryanf said...

• Element828

Hayward/Rose or Brown/Paul?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).