Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8 ) at Golden State ( -8 ) —- T: 210.5
    5:30 PM EST : Washington ( 8 ) at Toronto ( -8 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -6.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 5.5 ) at Portland ( -5.5 ) —- T: 217.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BerkeleyBoss

Lowry (6800) and DeRozan (7000) are tooo cheap on FD.

• scott33

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I agree. The question is whether or not that game stays competitive. Dame dropped a 70 burger last time they played the Pels, LMA always seems to beast against GS. My first inclination is to stack Portland, not sure which 4 guys I want to use other than Dame. And SF is by far the weakest position, not sure what I wanna do there…

• dopeismarcus

@BerkeleyBoss said...

probably because they’re trash in the playoffs

• keephustlincuz

@scott33 said...

I agree. The question is whether or not that game stays competitive. Dame dropped a 70 burger last time they played the Pels, LMA always seems to beast against GS. My first inclination is to stack Portland, not sure which 4 guys I want to use other than Dame. And SF is by far the weakest position, not sure what I wanna do there…

Can you figure out a way to stack that game? I feel like there won’t be much defense played.

• scott33

@keephustlincuz said...

Can you figure out a way to stack that game? I feel like there won’t be much defense played.

Unfortunately, one might have to use Evan Turner in a game stack. He’s min priced, but he’ll need to get steals & blocks to exceed value. Not sure I wanna go there. I like Aminu’s price on FD, he went over 7x his current price the last time these teams played.

• tmarohl

Wade and Evan Turner look too cheap for first game as well.

• telestraightshooter

Mirotic.

Mirotic is priced 3k under performance since he shaved.

And he averages 1.39 fppm vs Portland over the last 2 years.

Yeah, he’s a core player.

Like graphite is to a nuclear reactor.

• ASitar

Are 4 Pels too many?

Are Wade and Rondo a must as playoff veterans at their price?

Who is the 10% owned player that’s likely to hit 9x?

• Theguy49503

@tmarohl said...

Wade and Evan Turner look too cheap for first game as well.

Do you think Dewayne Wade ends up getting more run then Tyler Johnson?

• Kmasonbx

I’m so glad the sites are so slow to raise Mirotic’s price to where it should be. I’ve locked him in 3 straight games, tomorrow will be 4. If there’s enough value you can play the Pels top 4 guys in 1 lineup since they account for such a high percentage of the team’s fantasy output.

• ushook

@ASitar said...

Are 4 Pels too many?

Are Wade and Rondo a must as playoff veterans at their price?

Who is the 10% owned player that’s likely to hit 9x?

No way I am not playing Rondo. Something about him when shit gets real.

Floor general. Look at what he did with Chicago last year in the first round (before he got hurt).

• dmbtrip2004

Glad we are back to real players and not guessing who the bench guy that will get 8x

• Njsum1

@dmbtrip2004 said...

Glad we are back to real players and not guessing who the bench guy that will get 8x

Eh…you’re still going to have to take a chance or two on some bench players as it’s a small slate. You just won’t have to be guessing who will actually play. Minutes are a bit easier to project as well.

• dmbtrip2004

@Njsum1 said...

Eh…you’re still going to have to take a chance or two on some bench players as it’s a small slate. You just won’t have to be guessing who will actually play. Minutes are a bit easier to project as well.

I agree, you will have to play bench players here but what I meant was the G league player that will get 8x :)

• tmarohl

@Theguy49503 said...

Do you think Dewayne Wade ends up getting more run then Tyler Johnson?

Probably similar minutes.

• ushook

Now is the time to pay up for the studs.

• Njsum1

@dmbtrip2004 said...

I agree, you will have to play bench players here but what I meant was the G league player that will get 8x :)

Exactly, you’re making more an educated guess, then a random dart throw, when it comes to certain players.

• tmarohl

All teams will be running tighter rotations. Often time only 7-8 deep. The only exception is if you run into a blowout type of situation. Starters will be playing max minutes. The 9th and 10th guys on the bench who get minutes in the regular season will see their roles significantly reduced or eliminated. Keep that in mind when building your rosters. Minutes = gold in the playoffs.

• ushook

@tmarohl said...

All teams will be running tighter rotations. Often time only 7-8 deep. The only exception is if you run into a blowout type of situation. Starters will be playing max minutes. The 9th and 10th guys on the bench who get minutes in the regular season will see their roles significantly reduced or eliminated. Keep that in mind when building your rosters. Minutes = gold in the playoffs.

• Theguy49503

@ushook said...

But isn’t there always some random 6th man or just some guy being a filler for 10-15 minutes who breaks the slate lol. Buy your spot on the Playoffs are about minutes

• ushook

@Theguy49503 said...

But isn’t there always some random 6th man or just some guy being a filler for 10-15 minutes who breaks the slate lol. Buy your spot on the Playoffs are about minutes

What was said, was usually the 8th, 9th and 10th guy on the bench dont play much.

Not the 6th man. This happens because usually the starters are playing close to 40 minutes, if not more when the game is close.

• BUFUu2

@Theguy49503 said...

yes they are and roberson last year killed it in the playoffs i normally play the cheap defensive player on the team guaranteed 30-35 mins and can shoot a 3

• Theguy49503

@BUFUu2 said...

yes they are and roberson last year killed it in the playoffs i normally play the cheap defensive player on the team guaranteed 30-35 mins and can shoot a 3

That’s the example I was thinking of…… Dude came in and killed

• ASitar

Aminu looks like the guy that could go overlooked with his recent production that could smash. I think one of Murray or Cook from that game could go off. Winning short slate GPPs is picking players from the least “exciting game” in hopes they go off. IE, San Antonio stack could win it for someone Saturday if LMA, Murray, Anderson go off and AD puts up 45 points. I’m only doing 3 DK $10 GPPs and I’ll have one that is less sexy.

• BUFUu2

@Theguy49503 said...

That’s the example I was thinking of…… Dude came in and killed

yes he did i had him at like 8 percent owned for the first 3 games they played then ppl caught on lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).