Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8 ) at Golden State ( -8 ) —- T: 210.5
    5:30 PM EST : Washington ( 8 ) at Toronto ( -8 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -6.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 5.5 ) at Portland ( -5.5 ) —- T: 217.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• KindGuy

@moped_jones said...

I really think Chicago would have won that series if he hadn’t gotten hurt. Would have changed the entire franchise for years to come (I doubt they would have gone into rebuild mode if they had won that series),

Yep. Rondo is so underrated. One of my favorite players of all time. I’ll go even further and say they probably would’ve beat the Cavs in the conference finals. Rondo so under appreciated……

• Brian7479

Spurs Warriors total opened at 210 and dropped to 206. For people that bet or used to bet they know that that’s actually a huge jump. I would’ve took the under 210 too. Should be interesting how that pertains to DFS

• Brian7479

As a Spurs fan I feel comfortable saying Dejounte is going to ball. Offensively we’ll have to see but defensively I think he’s gonna do his thing

• miggs6876

@Brian7479 said...

As a Spurs fan I feel comfortable saying Dejounte is going to ball. Offensively we’ll have to see but defensively I think he’s gonna do his thing

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. We need him to ball offensively too. Just looks like there are better fantasy plays them him. I’m going to pass.

• miggs6876

Really want to get Durant in my line up. Having a hard time because I can’t get off Dame. Don’t like my line up when I have them both in.

• monarch

I’m spending this morning trying to figure out the Wizards. Satoransky is appealing, I think he’s practically the backup at the 1,2,3 spots and blowout proof. His usage might not be great but with so much attention on Wall/Beal and a nice pace up spot he should return value at 4.4k.

• Bigb1485

Feel like ive got wayyyy too much ed davis 😬

• moped_jones

@Kmasonbx said...

I actually disagree. The high rollers tend to have a lot of time to research and uncover the hidden gems that are 100% necessary in the regular season to be successful. However, in the playoffs there aren’t hidden gems, most teams are playing the same 8-9 guys for roughly the same exact minutes every game with the same matchup for a couple of weeks. The information edge isn’t nearly as big.

I agree. I think the playoffs are easier. My only GPP “win” was during the playoffs. (put “win” in quotes b/c I tied with a bunch of people). I think the tighter more predictable rotations actually favor the casual player.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Some people are getting way too cute in thoughts on deep bench players. There might be 1-2 on each team that are viable at most. Roll with players getting 30+ minutes (or even 35+) or that you know have locked in roles of 25+ off the bench. There’s plenty of them to choose from. Playoff NBA DFS is a different beast.

• Njsum1

@miggs6876 said...

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. We need him to ball offensively too. Just looks like there are better fantasy plays them him. I’m going to pass.

Yeah he’s not a lock, yet I’m not fading him either. 5500 on DK is too good a price for the upside on a 4 game slate.

• moped_jones

@thehazyone said...

Some people are getting way too cute in thoughts on deep bench players. There might be 1-2 on each team that are viable at most. Roll with players getting 30+ minutes (or even 35+) or that you know have locked in roles of 25+ off the bench. There’s plenty of them to choose from. Playoff NBA DFS is a different beast.

Agreed. This is the time of year to not get cute. Rotations get tighter and more predictable. Take what the game is giving you = secure minutes.

• ASitar

I think to place high in GPPs your going to have to think outside the box on a few players and pick the right stud (Durant, Dame, AD, or LMA will be in the winning LU). What I mean is, think about guys like Ginobli for only $3800 on DK with playoff experience who will see 25-30 minutes and have a shot at 8x with

• Njsum1

@thehazyone said...

I agree that you don’t want to get too cute, like rostering a bench player who may not see the floor. Yet stars tend to shine in the playoffs, and a lot of them are priced for less minutes and usage than they’ve been seeing to end the season. Not always, yet it can be optimal, or at least optimal enough to produce a worthy score, to put as many stars as you can reasonably fit in a lineup then use a couple of 2.5k to 4k bench players who might see say 15 to 25 minutes, even if the minutes aren’t secure.

When one of these studs drops that 80 burger I don’t think you’ll mind the 10dk points you got out of your 3k guy that you used to fit in the stud who put up 80. Safer minutes lineups are good too. There are many ways to go about it IMO. I personally will take risks in some lineups.

• ScofieldReturns

is it just me or is evan turner still a bad play at min price?

• moped_jones

@ScofieldReturns said...

I’m rolling with him, even though I would rather not. Just too cheap + minutes are there + going against a bad defensive team. Allows me to fit some nice pieces around him. Hoping he can get me at least 20 at $3.5k on FD (obviously I would like more, lol)

I’ll have him in 3 out of 4 LU’s.

• P0key

@ScofieldReturns said...

If he duds at min price my studs better 7x so it balances it

• Bnett2210

I like Dame/DDR/Nurk…just feel like Dame is going to smash and play with even more of a chip on his shoulder against A bad defensive team. I’m sure that game will have the most pieces and stacks though.

Who is the cheap guys on DK besides Turner, obviously minutes are there but not likely to top 20-25 Fpts. Any thoughts on Ed Davis and Manu?

• moped_jones

I feel like I have too much Gortat, but he typically gets more PT in the playoffs (at least he has my first 2 years of NBA DFS). I have him in two of my 4 LU’s (including my favorite LU).

• Dfspacman

Is Tony Parker likely to get close to 18 muns?

• ASitar

No Whiteside. Hoping for 2 quick fouls. But watch him put up 48 DK points.

• kdsdawg

If you are playing AD then you have to have 70 plus otherwise his price will hurt you as LA can get you 55 or even Green for even cheaper. As usual you have to decide to fade a big stud or not. He had 78.8 FD last game against them with 21 of those from blocks and steals. Of course that is about his normal game in those categories.

• kdsdawg

@Bnett2210 said...

Any thoughts on Ed Davis and Manu?

I am struggling with this Manu question as his playoff experience could be huge. It is really down to him vs Wade at the same price(FD). I feel like Miami will need Wade’s scoring to keep up with Philly.

• ASitar

Holmes or Johnson? I have Holmes right now. DK Utility

• kdsdawg

Another question, will GS roll with Zaza’s experience or keep their normal rotation as McGee can get you a lot in 15-20 minutes

• kdsdawg

@ASitar said...

Holmes or Johnson? I have Holmes right now. DK Utility

If you look at just their game logs since Ebiid has been out it shows a toss up. The question would be who matches up with Whiteside the best.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).