Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 8.5 ) at Cleveland ( -8.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    5:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 7 ) at Toronto ( -7 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 9 ) at San Antonio ( -9 ) —- T: 191
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 5.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 200.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• tmarohl

@RobertoTomba said...

I vote for “C – none of the above”.

I might be in the minority here, but I like Monroe…I wish the Pistons had kept him, to be honest. But, I’m not sure that Kidd does. He only averaged 18.5 minutes against Toronto, and didn’t do much with that. For $5700 (FD), that’s not nearly good enough.

And, Favors has a lot of potential for a cheap price, but it doesn’t seem that he’s healthy enough yet…or that Snyder will trust him on the court for long, either. Add that to almost complete ineffectiveness against Blake Griffin, and I really can’t pick either one.

I’m from Milwaukee and I love Monroe. Kidd, not so much. My favorite centers tomorrow though are Val and Pau Gasol.

• lotusbomb

@Joeltimb said...

LeBron has to be a lock. He’s under a microscope and will show the world the Cavs are ready to go. Sleeper? Give me Manu. Gut feeling.

I like the manu pick, heck even a little bit of parker. the spurs have to at least get some point production from their guards right?

• Jacobkaiser1325

CP3 or Lowry? Saw something that said that CP3s usage goes up like 6% when they play the Jazz, I think he will be lower owned

• damionismyname

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@lotusbomb said...

I like the manu pick, heck even a little bit of parker. the spurs have to at least get some point production from their guards right?

Last year, for the playoffs I was surprised on how many times Parker was in the winning lineup.

• RobertoTomba

Is anyone rostering J.R. Smith? Don’t worry…I won’t laugh if you are, but I’m wondering what good reasons there might be. Between the Big 3 playing keep-away from the rest of the team, and Smith’s own ineffectiveness, he doesn’t seem worth the price. He scored 18 in his only game against Indiana this season, but that was over 42 minutes in a double-OT game.

• pick6er

Very tough slate, you have to go heavy at 1 position but tank the other. Pick your poison style I suppose. I’ll be full fade at SG, I can’t justify paying the tag for Giannis and while Derozan is appealing, Giannis is going to put him in a box leaving it to be the Kyle Lowry show.

SF is tough, Kawhi is underpriced and PG13 is slightly overpriced. Gordon Hayward is appealing but completely struggles against LAC (the worst team at guarding SF’s) weird! Pay for LeBron and spend down at PG?

The only position that offers flexibility is PG and it’s a crapshoot. Man, we don’t really know what we’re getting in the opening game of the series. C is tricky aswell, hopefully we get the next Bismack Biyombo playoff performance from last year where everyone can chalk up C and move on.

• tonytone1908

@billholler said...

My only advice for 1st round….Opening Saturday last season the top GPP winning lineups were balanced. The next day’s winning GPP lineup had a stud with 1 scrub and the rest balanced.

Yeah playoffs to me seem like the time to go balanced. Studs are priced too high to reach value without getting cheapies to hit value and that’s gonna be really hard to do, what are you really expecting from a guy like Shelvin Mack? Balanced LU, looking for some low value like 4-5k in a spot or too and hope all your 7k starters hit 6x.

Studs will be overpriced and over owned. I don’t see tons of value being available in the playoffs as I’m sure prices will be corrected pretty quick. IDK, you can have Lebron at 11k, which is probably only a viable play in the playoffs at that price and still have over 6k left for every other position.

Ugh. The more I type, the more I’m confusing myself. Dammit.

• tonytone1908

@damionismyname said...

Last year, for the playoffs I was surprised on how many times Parker was in the winning lineup.

Probably many other higher priced PG’s underperforming and TP was probably getting tons of easy assists to Kawhi, LMA, and Duncan.

I actually remember this trend as well and could just never pull the trigger figuring he’s old, won’t get the minutes (I think Patty was playing well too most of the time) just didn’t see the assist upside or the duds from the top tier PG’s coming.

• miceing

Someone tell me why I shouldn’t go 100% Jamal Crawford.

• tmarohl

Seems to me on FD that the opportunity cost of playing Lebron is too great. Let me explain. I think you almost have to play Derozan and Giannis, because shooting guard sucks so bad outside of those two. Lebron might get you 55-60, but I think I would rather play Kawhi and Middleton or Kawhi and Hayward. Derozan and Giannis might only get you 45 each, but it is a huge dropoff from those guys to the ilks of JJ Reddick, Jamal Crawford, Rodney Hood, JR Smith, etc. That is another reason I will primarily be fading Lebron.

• Cpjttogether

Enjoying mlb. But playoffs are playoffs i got to get back on nba.all i need is $ and im ready.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Seems to me on FD that the opportunity cost of playing Lebron is too great. Let me explain. I think you almost have to play Derozan and Giannis, because shooting guard sucks so bad outside of those two. Lebron might get you 55-60, but I think I would rather play Kawhi and Middleton or Kawhi and Hayward. Derozan and Giannis might only get you 45 each, but it is a huge dropoff from those guys to the ilks of JJ Reddick, Jamal Crawford, Rodney Hood, JR Smith, etc. That is another reason I will primarily be fading Lebron.

I’m going ABC and derozan all the way and let the chips fall where they may on fd. Can’t trust the other sg’s at all. Strictly derozan %100 on dk as well.

• madmanjayWV

@Jacobkaiser1325 said...

CP3 or Lowry? Saw something that said that CP3s usage goes up like 6% when they play the Jazz, I think he will be lower owned

doesn’t matter who is lower owned…KYLE gonna dominate!

• superjon

All in on Teague if he plays.

• krighton

@miceing said...

Someone tell me why I shouldn’t go 100% Jamal Crawford.

sprains his ankle in warmups, you’re done.

• Joeltimb

No one has said jack about Blake or Deandre.

• colb24

@Joeltimb said...

Both are locked for me it just doesn’t make sense on DK why they are so low priced

• superjon

@Joeltimb said...

I don’t see the upside for either one. Maybe if they play lights out, they can get you 40-45, but most likely you’re looking at maybe 35. Which you can get from some of the cheaper options.

• superjon

@colb24 said...

Both are locked for me it just doesn’t make sense on DK why they are so low priced

Sites always lower prices of teams that are in bad match ups DVP-wise.

It’s not to trap you, because obviously players can go off in bad match ups. I just don’t see it happening here.

• billholler

@damionismyname said...

With the help of the Google, I looked at the results from the first week last year. I believe Parker and IT were in the winning LU 3 out of the first 4 tourneys (obviously had a day off in between). Thomas didn’t do anything overly exciting, but he was only $7300.

• billholler

@Joeltimb said...

I assume DJ will be one of the highest owned players. He is way too cheap based on his recent production. No way Goobert shuts him down.

• superjon

@billholler said...

I assume DJ will be one of the highest owned players. He is way too cheap based on his recent production. No way Goobert shuts him down.

Gobert has shut him down all season. What makes you think that’ll change now?

• Conbon32

Lock in Lebron. He goes full beast mode when it comes to playoffs. SG is awful. Feel like you either need to pay up for Derozan or just punt both of those spots.

• monarch

Cavs make short work of the Pacers today. Don’t see Bron having to do anything amazing, think the series will actually start with game 2. CP3 is the only star I see having to carry his team today, maybe Lowry.

• colb24

@superjon said...

Gobert has shut him down all season. What makes you think that’ll change now?

I like Conley jr too on DK … he has to produce for it to be a game and everyone will have kyrie paul Lowry … imo

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).