NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 10 ) at Toronto ( -10 ) —- T: 211.5
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 6.5 ) at Denver ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 2 ) at Portland ( -2 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DC2380

Help brothers! What are the plays today?

• Kanner88

@DC2380 said...

My core is … westbrick , ddr, and Siakam hope that helps

• DC2380

@Kanner88 said...

My core is … westbrick , ddr, and Siakam hope that helps

Thanks! I don’t even know where to start. I always seem to get the drop down play correct (looney last night), but have wayyy too many duds….

• superjon

@DC2380 said...

When I see how much DJ’s price has risen on FD, I can’t help but think this is a MCW game.

I also like pairing LMA and Gordon at PF

• dgballer

Does Kyle Lowry break out of his playoff slump? Or is he destined to be a perennial playoff disappointment?

• goboltsgo

The Lowry slump is the only thing that makes me go back and forth between Lowry and Murray on FD. Just made my 3 lineups for tonight on FD and somehow ended up with McCollum/Isaac/Barton in all 3.

• ASitar

Wow, what a basic LU that won the $15 DK tourney. Gonna have 3 Nugs (including Lyles), Westy and PG13. Gotta think Denver bounces back as well as OKC. Still trying to figure out what Magic/Raptor players I like but Danny Green seems reasonably priced.

• got9forya

Kanter is gonna be about 40% owned

• ASitar

@got9forya said...

Kanter is gonna be about 40% owned

Hopefully he gets in foul trouble and Collins gets 20-25 minutes.

• fleishmo6

Lowry will definitely be contrarian
    Hard to push that button

• dgballer

@fleishmo6 said...

Lowry will definitely be contrarian
    Hard to push that button

Yes it is. I’m considering doing a Lowry Kawai and Siakam stack and hope they have a high scoring game. But still early in the process.

• Kmasonbx

@dgballer said...

Does Kyle Lowry break out of his playoff slump? Or is he destined to be a perennial playoff disappointment?

Lowry’s playoff struggles are tremendously overstated. He can be labeled as inconsistent in the playoffs but he’s had plenty of big games in the playoffs. People just choose to ignore them.

• Petergunz82

@goboltsgo said...

The Lowry slump is the only thing that makes me go back and forth between Lowry and Murray on FD. Just made my 3 lineups for tonight on FD and somehow ended up with McCollum/Isaac/Barton in all 3.

I have them on DK, with Lowry and Murray. Felt like doing a contrarian lineup as my dummy

• ushook

Love how gary harris is still minimum on yahoo lol.

• superjon

@Kmasonbx said...

Lowry’s playoff struggles are tremendously overstated. He can be labeled as inconsistent in the playoffs but he’s had plenty of big games in the playoffs. People just choose to ignore them.

Looking at his game logs I don’t see plenty of big playoff games

• RatedDAL

I think Lowry’s playoff struggles are magnified because of the team results. Their awful Game 1 history and overall history as one of the Esst’s top seeds.

Hard to pull that trigger though.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

Think this comes down to FD or DK. FD he’s overpriced, DK he is not, at all.

Game logs from last years playoffs. Plenty good enough to me for his 6.5K price tag.

https://www.statmuse.com/musings/kyle-lowry-racked-up-255-draftkings-points-in-game-4-of-the-2018-eastern-3ae78146

• Kmasonbx

@superjon said...

Really depends what you’re classifying as a big game. If you’re looking for James Harden or Westbrook numbers sure there aren’t many of those. If you’re looking for all-star level production there are a bunch of those type of games. He was great in the Miami series in 15-16, scored 33 in game 3 averaged 32/6/7 over the last 3 games of that series including 35/9/7 in game 7. He also had multiple 35 point games in the Cleveland series that season.

The following season he had a TS% of 58.6% in the playoffs including 20 and 11 in game 1 vs. Cleveland and had 20 in game 2 before getting hurt in the 3rd quarter and sitting the rest of the series. Last season his TS% was 66%! Do you realize how ridiculous that is? That number would have been 5th in the NBA this season. He also averaged 17.4 and 8.5 assists last season.

It’s just an overblown narrative that Lowry doesn’t show up in the playoffs.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Lowry’s playoff logs from 2016:

https://www.statmuse.com/musings/kyle-lowry-earned-473-draftkings-points-in-game-6-of-the-2016-eastern-co-5d58231f

2017:

https://www.statmuse.com/musings/kyle-lowry-racked-up-288-draftkings-points-in-game-2-of-the-2017-eastern-5f32c05a

Point being, plenty of big games in there. Also some duds. I’m guessing if you look through every higher end player you’ll find very similar trends.

• emnj69

back to the well
    spurs +7 and I revert back to my post before last game-I simply dont understand how Vegas loves Denver-Spurs just beat them up and now the line is move favorable to bet on the spurs again-I get this is must win game for denver but I just dont think the talent is there I like the Joker and he has a cake match up but the rest of denver I just dont see it
    the only position denver has an edge and yes it is big is center
    lma gay white and deroz combo is way better than anything denver has to offer and pop is a great coach-he will figure a way to limit joker some and let the rest of the guys try and beat them

• emnj69

as far as daily in spurs game-deroz all day……

• Kmasonbx

@Pandamonious said...

Lowry’s playoff logs from 2016:

https://www.statmuse.com/musings/kyle-lowry-earned-473-draftkings-points-in-game-6-of-the-2016-eastern-co-5d58231f

2017:

https://www.statmuse.com/musings/kyle-lowry-racked-up-288-draftkings-points-in-game-2-of-the-2017-eastern-5f32c05a

Point being, plenty of big games in there. Also some duds. I’m guessing if you look through every higher end player you’ll find very similar trends.

He’s just very inconsistent in the playoffs, he’ll have a big game and then follow it up by scoring 7. At 6500 on DK he’s a great play for his upside. His peripherals were still there, if he scores 14 points with a couple of 3s he’s near 40.

• markymark13

@ASitar said...

Wow, what a basic LU that won the $15 DK tourney. Gonna have 3 Nugs (including Lyles), Westy and PG13. Gotta think Denver bounces back as well as OKC. Still trying to figure out what Magic/Raptor players I like but Danny Green seems reasonably priced.

Is Lyles supposed to get run tonight? I don’t think he saw the floor in game 1

• captainwacky

@markymark13 said...

Is Lyles supposed to get run tonight? I don’t think he saw the floor in game 1

Lyles is only going to play in a blowout or a weird scenario.

• ushook

@ASitar said...

I dont get Lyles.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.