NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 7.5 ) at Cleveland ( -7.5 ) —- T: 210
    9:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 11 ) at San Antonio ( -11 ) —- T: 188.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• deerosa

@Benf15harp said...

I think gasol/Conley had there best possible games the other night and still got crushed…. plus spurs played awful for first quarter or so. Unless tony Allen comes back I see this game being a blowout(but earlier)and Conley/ gasol come nowhere near value. Firing up j green and maybe Troy Daniels

Their usage is through the roof. I am stilling rolling with some. Also need to take advantage of allens injury for the cheapies on that team. Sneaky Play might be old man Carter.

• deerosa

@jessedio said...

Watch Lance troll everyone today because that’s just the way DFS works.

Also, that’s Lance being Lance.

• moped_jones

@jimmyd1507 said...

Its amazing Rondo can go from being DNP-CD for two weeks to the Bulls relying on him to keep their season alive.

It just screams the coach has no clue what he’s doing.

• eli87

@deerosa said...

Their usage is through the roof. I am stilling rolling with some. Also need to take advantage of allens injury for the cheapies on that team. Sneaky Play might be old man Carter.

I also doubt Z-Bo goes 3 for 13 again tonight.. Should get a couple more boards as well!

• whothis

Rondo got his 5th foul and Coach forgot about him? Bulls were up to final minutes Boston hit some threes and a couple of Bulls turnovers made it close at end. Old man here is my memory right?

• Benf15harp

@deerosa said...

Yeah they are a great gpp play for sure if game stays close. Just not sure they can. To me it’s the best they could do while the spurs took a nap in first half lol I’d like them better if this game was in Memphis haha Vince could be a great pivot off lance Maybe a Conley gasol carter Leonard stack for gpp

• IronMonkey415

My pivot from Vinsanity is CJ Miles.

I’m fragile okay, don’t laugh at me.

• leroystabbins

What I got from Rondo sitting was they did not want his inability to shoot out there during crunch time. Wade and Butler were fully capable of running the offense as the defacto PG, and having someone like Grant out there meant they couldn’t auto double Butler or Wade. At that point in the game every possession that rondo took a jump shot would’ve been considered a win for the Celtics.

• IronMonkey415

Oh that game is still going on, we still talking about that…..OKAY

• Benf15harp

@IronMonkey415 said...

Oh that game is still going on, we still talking about that…..OKAY

Lol. Is this a bad time to bring up elfrid Payton’s hair? I’m thinking a 10% increase in fg% if he cut that diving board off He hits it every time he shoots lol. Moving on…Teague in play tonight or ankle limiting him?

• frugal

@eli87 said...

I also doubt Z-Bo goes 3 for 13 again tonight.. Should get a couple more boards as well!

I like Z-Bo a ton tonight, wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a couple more minutes tonight and I feel he’ll have a much more efficient game. In the 5 matchsup Z-Bo has faced Aldridge (since he signed with SAS) Z-Bo has averaged 13.6 PTs (3 of those 5 games with 15+ points) and 8.4 REBs. I know Z-Bo plays off the bench which IMHO makes his bad performance even more of an anomaly as he should be able to score and board better against Lee off the SAS bench. Hopefully he’s relatively low owned tonight.

• ASitar

Today to win a DK GPP (or tie for 1st I should say) you’re going to have to leave money on the table and be contrarian hoping a couple of your “scrubs” hit. Instead of Kyrie go Conley, throw Danny Green in there, ZBo, K Love at C, LMA, maybe Frye gets 25 minutes and puts up a 30 burger. Lebron is still a must with the ceiling but you can’t take the Kyries/Kawhii’s/PG13’s/Turners and expect to make more than $20.

• Sellinsz

Think Edy Tavares will get close to the minutes he got last game?

• eli87

@frugal said...

I like Z-Bo a ton tonight, wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a couple more minutes tonight and I feel he’ll have a much more efficient game. In the 5 matchsup Z-Bo has faced Aldridge (since he signed with SAS) Z-Bo has averaged 13.6 PTs (3 of those 5 games with 15+ points) and 8.4 REBs. I know Z-Bo plays off the bench which IMHO makes his bad performance even more of an anomaly as he should be able to score and board better against Lee off the SAS bench. Hopefully he’s relatively low owned tonight.

Agreed I hope his ownership will be fairly reasonable as well cant expect it to be too low being its a 2 game slate…..

• DirkDigglerz

Its gonna be a Jamychal Green night

• eli87

@Sellinsz said...

Think Edy Tavares will get close to the minutes he got last game?

Last regular season game?

• superstars92

@billholler said...

If Selden continues to get some run, eventually he is going to score 20 FP right? Don’t see how you can be on the floor for 30 minutes and not accidentally get 4 or 5 boards and a few assists with maybe 3 or 4 buckets.

So let me play Devil’s Advocate here. For full disclosure, I will have lineups with Selden for sure, but here is just some food for thought before you play him.

The thing is it is very possible he can play 30 mins and not even record 20 fp. A great example would be Tony Snell, and he has an 82 game sample to show this. Snell’s role on the Bucks is almost the same as Seldon’s role on the Grizzlies, and Snell (if you can believe it) is a better player than Selden.

There have been countless games (even like 3 or 5 game stretches) in which Snell does not even get 15 fp, let alone 20 fp, even when he’s approaching or over 30 mins/game.

Thus it’s entirely possible Selden doesn’t get 20 fp even if he plays for 30 mins (which is also no lock either). I actually think 20 fp is considered way above average for him. Remember he’s an undrafted rookie who was the 3rd/4th option at Kansas last year who is going up against an elite defensive team.

Anyhow that’s just me playing Devil’s Advocate. Like I said I will still have him on teams because his low 2k price allows me to fit multiple stars. I think he is a very “safe” pick in that he cannot really hurt you even if he gets only like 6-8 fp because his price is so low. However, if you want to win a GPP, he’s not necessarily a better pick than the other SGs. Safe pick but not someone who you can just pencil in for 20 fp even if he gets 30 mins. I will still have him though but he’s not a must, especially in GPPs.

• Theguy49503

I think either Smith or Ellis will either meet or go beyond value tonight, when researching the numbers both teams are not good at defending the position its just a matter of how many shots they get and how many they can get to fall

• pick6er

Anybody know what happens if there’s a tie in a satellite? For instance 1st-4th won and received a ticket. But myself and 2 others tied for 3rd last night? So there were 5 total winners.

• pick6er

On a side note. I love Selden tonight, his price must be a glitch to take advantage of. A guy running 20+ minutes for $2,500. I’ll take that all day, he could potentially hit 10x while a 5x is all but given. Especially with how terrible the SG’s look tonight. Count me in!

• Sellinsz

@eli87 said...

Last regular season game?

yeah, oops. I spaced on that one, ignore lol.

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

So let me play Devil’s Advocate here. For full disclosure, I will have lineups with Selden for sure, but here is just some food for thought before you play him.

The thing is it is very possible he can play 30 mins and not even record 20 fp. A great example would be Tony Snell, and he has an 82 game sample to show this. Snell’s role on the Bucks is almost the same as Seldon’s role on the Grizzlies, and Snell (if you can believe it) is a better player than Selden.

There have been countless games (even like 3 or 5 game stretches) in which Snell does not even get 15 fp, let alone 20 fp, even when he’s approaching or over 30 mins/game.

Thus it’s entirely possible Selden doesn’t get 20 fp even if he plays for 30 mins (which is also no lock either). I actually think 20 fp is considered way above average for him. Remember he’s an undrafted rookie who was the 3rd/4th option at Kansas last year who is going up against an elite defensive team.

Anyhow that’s just me playing Devil’s Advocate. Like I said I will still have him on teams because his low 2k price allows me to fit multiple stars. I think he is a very “safe” pick in that he cannot really hurt you even if he gets only like 6-8 fp because his price is so low. However, if you want to win a GPP, he’s not necessarily a better pick than the other SGs. Safe pick but not someone who you can just pencil in for 20 fp even if he gets 30 mins. I will still have him though but he’s not a must, especially in GPPs.

Agreed. In fact, I think the ultimate tourney play on this micro-slate is Troy Daniels. Sure didn’t finish the season strong and played poorly last game, he’s shown the upside early in the season and will be a super low owned pivot tonight where differentiating at the SG position where Smith, Green, and Ellis might all see 30%+ ownership may be what’s needed to cash.

• baggerly

@pick6er said...

Anybody know what happens if there’s a tie in a satellite? For instance 1st-4th won and received a ticket. But myself and 2 others tied for 3rd last night? So there were 5 total winners.

It depends on the contest. I know some have some crazy tiebreaker rules. What site and contest are you referring to?

• Benf15harp

@ASitar said...

Today to win a DK GPP (or tie for 1st I should say) you’re going to have to leave money on the table and be contrarian hoping a couple of your “scrubs” hit. Instead of Kyrie go Conley, throw Danny Green in there, ZBo, K Love at C, LMA, maybe Frye gets 25 minutes and puts up a 30 burger. Lebron is still a must with the ceiling but you can’t take the Kyries/Kawhii’s/PG13’s/Turners and expect to make more than $20.

I don’t see how you can take Conley as a one-off. He’d have to be paired with gasol and at least kawhi.

• Benf15harp

@frugal said...

Agreed. In fact, I think the ultimate tourney play on this micro-slate is Troy Daniels. Sure didn’t finish the season strong and played poorly last game, he’s shown the upside early in the season and will be a super low owned pivot tonight where differentiating at the SG position where Smith, Green, and Ellis might all see 30%+ ownership may be what’s needed to cash.

Stated j green/Troy on page 1
    Spurs domination incoming

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.