NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 193
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at Boston ( -7 ) —- T: 205.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 9 ) at LA Clippers ( -9 ) —- T: 195.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Stuffinglover

@tyleh said...

wtf is this $8 200k to 1st out of 100k people. where are the $3-6

1 in 100,000 chance of winning 200k while FD just collects 100k rake.

• Dirt_Lavert

Rake on both sites is seemingly climbing for everything. There are quarter arcades for mlb that are like 35k entries and pay out 75 to the top. Then turbo ones with 1/10th of the entries and the same top payout.

Also, the crazy 8s for nba were filling like crazy and the rake was way higher paying out 12$ min cash. Why would they change back if the contests were filling and they were making more while people were making less? It’s really frustrating and I wish people didn’t enter those stupid high rake contests.

• Stuffinglover

And that’s where they have the players stuck. If they protest and don’t enter that just creates overlay and then people join and it fills regardless. I’m starting to think some sort of government regulation would be a good thing.

• DirkDigglerz

There will be a monopoly when the 2 big DFS sites merge lol

• tyleh

@Stuffinglover said...

1 in 100,000 chance of winning 200k while FD just collects 100k rake.

seriously what the fuk is this. they take 100k rake and dont even distribute these dumb prizes. this favors the sharks so much. why don’t they understand top 25% winners and like 100-75-50-40-30-20

• Dirt_Lavert

It’s unfortunate to see the top prizes go down too. Seeing some QAs some for the later slates with the top prize of 36.25 or some shit and it’s like, listen, I just beat like 2000 people for 1st place? Can’t I at least win 50$?

I played in a few last week where the field was pretty small and the top was 75$. That was legit. I would do that all the time.

There is a LOL contest on DK that pays out 10%. 235 people and it pays out top 25. 50$ to first. Makes no sense, I max entered it once not thinking twice because I’ve never seen such a horrendous payout structure and all my entries were 11%-20%. I was extremely pissed off about that.

• Dfspacman

2moros fanduel NBA slate 1st position 200k 2nd 88k, 7th 2k lol
    They are just trying to lure people to play by having to heavy prizes

• Dirt_Lavert

wow just saw my Portis lu missing cash by 4 points. Would’ve been the difference of making money and losing money right there.

• KindGuy

Now are you guys finally listening to my complaints about the greedy scoundrels over at DK and FD? I remember ranting a few weeks back and all I got was shit from you guys.

• chronoxiong

Tired of everything. Wait, I been saying that for the last few nights. I only managed to win almost all of the cash games I entered. But of course was short on GPP cash again. It’s a recurring theme for me. IT2 was a colossal bust and I changed my lineup last minute and paid up for Greg Monroe when I already had Robin Lopez. That decision costed me 10 fantasy points.

• tyleh

@elementasrat said...

Now are you guys finally listening to my complaints about the greedy scoundrels over at DK and FD? I remember ranting a few weeks back and all I got was shit from you guys.

seriously wtf is this $8 one. its unplayable and the next decent one is $1 lame. i dont even want to do a $25 one.
    How can they be SO GREEDY. they already make so much fking money. making this not fun at all and just a game for sharks

• Dirt_Lavert

DK daily dollar rake is 14% and I’m not sure if it went up but now the min cash is 1.50 and not 2$. Basically forces you to pay up for the higher entry ones.

I am happy to see a 3$ single entry for MLB. Always liked that for NBA and where I found some actual success.

• KindGuy

Finding single entry GPPS and 50/50s after 3 pm on DK is like trying to find big foot.

• Dirt_Lavert

Very true. Can’t even enter the 1$ one where min cash is 1.50 though. Cool I won .50 cents! See that enough in the QA

• tmarohl

@tyleh said...

seriously wtf is this $8 one. its unplayable and the next decent one is $1 lame. i dont even want to do a $25 one.
    How can they be SO GREEDY. they already make so much fking money. making this not fun at all and just a game for sharks

DK has an 8 dollar one too.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

Finding single entry GPPS and 50/50s after 3 pm on DK is like trying to find big foot.

Reserve them the night before.

• damionismyname

@Dfspacman said...

2moros fanduel NBA slate 1st position 200k 2nd 88k, 7th 2k lol
    They are just trying to lure people to play by having to heavy prizes

no, just trying to cash in off the last month of NBA before their shit dries up. greedy af tbh.

• Stuffinglover

200k to 1st with 150 max entry. Only 3 games will make it easy for people to collude and cover every possible combination.

• Theguy49503

took $16 bucks and made $69 last night!!!!!

• billholler

@elementasrat said...

You act like you invented DFS whining. People on here have been whining about rake and tournament payouts forever. Yet, you all keep on playing. Just because you have a dollar in your DK account doesn’t mean you have to use it.

• IronMonkey415

Won $3. Can’t use it for sh1t.

UPDATE: KNOW I see a $3 contest.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).