NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 210.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 223.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 13.5 ) at Golden State ( -13.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Sellinsz

Also, does anyone think Russ is going to get a lot of calls in his favor today? I just have a super weird feeling Beverly is going to get into foul trouble super early

• RobertoTomba

@Sellinsz said...

Also, does anyone think Russ is going to get a lot of calls in his favor today? I just have a super weird feeling Beverly is going to get into foul trouble super early

Wait until the series goes to OKC. i don’t expect it to be any different tonight.

• Sellinsz

@RobertoTomba said...

Wait until the series goes to OKC. i don’t expect it to be any different tonight.

I love Beverly and his style of basketball but I feel like it takes one rogue ref to completely kill this series, I mean they could any series but THIS one in particular I feel like it could go crazy fast with how Bev plays on defense, could see a lot of very light touch fouls.

• jimmyd1507

Kanter only played 16 mins because he is the worst post defender in the league.

Harden ran the PnR, I kid you not, like 5 times in a row and blew past him every time. Donovan even mouthed the words ‘can’t play Kanter’ to Mo Cheeks on the bench when Kanter didn’t hedge on a Bev PnR that resulted in Capela throwing down a tomahawk dunk off an oop.

• kwest

DURANT OUT of my lineup.

Did not participate in shootaround.

• colb24

@jimmyd1507 said...

Kanter only played 16 mins because he is the worst post defender in the league.

Harden ran the PnR, I kid you not, like 5 times in a row and blew past him every time. Donovan even mouthed the words ‘can’t play him’ to Mo Cheeks on the bench when Kanter didn’t hedge on a Bev PnR that resulted in Capela throwing down a tomahawk dunk off an oop.

you think its smart to go grant in cash game then? that would open up some room for me to grab Dame with steph klay but just need grant to get those minutes lol

• sunchips666

sounds like a good night to get durant at super low ownership

• moped_jones

@nyknick said...

dang, is that the reason he only played 16mins last game? or was it cause of the blowout?

I read an article that Donovan turned to Mo Cheeks (assistant coach) and said “we can’t play him” b/c he’s just too poor of a defender to keep up against Houston.

Actually, it was this article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/thunder-coach-billy-donovan-may-decide-cant-play-enes-kanter-much-161743756.html

I liked those two punts so much that I just made 3 more lineups on the $1 DK and one. I’m playing 15 on there, lol. And 2 on the $8 FD. Not a lot of basketball left and I suck at baseball and then football is only once a week. So If I’m going to win some real money I need to do it within the next month or so.

• RobertoTomba

@Sellinsz said...

I love Beverly and his style of basketball but I feel like it takes one rogue ref to completely kill this series, I mean they could any series but THIS one in particular I feel like it could go crazy fast with how Bev plays on defense, could see a lot of very light touch fouls.

What should happen is that the refs should swallow their whistles. No one wants to watch the play stop every 30 seconds for something minor…and, like you said, for this series in particular. For the Eastern Conference series (except maybe Cleveland-Indiana), you’d hardly notice, but that’s not the case here.

• kwest

@sunchips666 said...

You can deduct the donation on your taxes.

Wait, too late.

• nyknick

thanks for the info on kanter everyone.

• jimmyd1507

@colb24 said...

you think its smart to go grant in cash game then? that would open up some room for me to grab Dame with steph klay but just need grant to get those minutes lol

I mean, anybody but Kanter is a good play, I would assume.

I’m also a big Kentucky fan, and he attended Kentucky but was deemed ineligible to play for whatever reason, so I actually felt bad for him watching Sunday’s game. The Rockets absolutely picked on him when he was on the court, and he has zero chance of staying in front of any of Houston’s guards.

Good call on Grant. Think I may do that as well.

I did hear the announcers questioning why Donovan wasn’t playing both Kanter and Adams at the same time (because OKC was getting destroyed on the glass), but I think going that route, you’re just asking for trouble.

Kanter is useless against spread teams like Houston and GSW.

• loutheitalian

Anyone throwing abrines in a lineup tonight?

• colb24

@jimmyd1507 said...

I mean, anybody but Kanter is a good play, I would assume.

I’m also a big Kentucky fan, and he attended Kentucky but was deemed ineligible to play for whatever reason, so I actually felt bad for him watching Sunday’s game. The Rockets absolutely picked on him when he was on the court, and he has zero chance of staying in front of any of Houston’s guards.

Good call on Grant. Think I may do that as well.

I did hear the announcers questioning why Donovan wasn’t playing both Kanter and Adams at the same time (because OKC was getting destroyed on the glass), but I think going that route, you’re just asking for trouble.

Kanter is useless against spread teams like Houston and GSW.

Thanks ! i’m pulling the trigger on him .

• moped_jones

@Benf15harp said...

javal McGee = tough to play a guy that will play 10 mins even at 2.8k

I can see using him in a Russ/harden combo.

I might consider that combo in game 3.

Are people really playing oladipo on dk? LOL

But he does a lot with those limited minutes + Portland bad against bigs. I like the price more the 15 pts he may end up getting me.

And yes, I’m probably 75% exposure to Oladipo. He’s just too cheap and gets too many minutes. I do have some shares of Thompson, so hopefully Durant is out (got a lot of Green too, which is a great play if Durant is out)

• mr_papageorgio

Anyone know if Matt Barnes is going to play? I’m thinking about him for GPP with Durant probably out.

• RobertoTomba

@loutheitalian said...

It seems unlikely he’ll play much, particularly since I can’t imagine Oladipo being that bad again. If you want a punt on FD, Jennings is absurdly cheap. Then again, come to think of it, Oladipo is a bargain price, too.

• gmil1959

Westbrook is currently $12.5K on FD, $13.1K on DK.

• FDDough

@loutheitalian said...

I would go Ian Clark if I was going that low for SG

• kawhisenberg

@Sellinsz said...

Yeah, you and Simmons

• dynamiteboom

@sunchips666 said...

Reminds me of two weeks ago when Booker was questionable for Phoenix and like 2% had him and he went off and eight of the top ten winning lineups had him in the big $$$ tourney… little different considering Durant’s higher price tag but still…

• kawhisenberg

@mr_papageorgio said...

Anyone know if Matt Barnes is going to play? I’m thinking about him for GPP with Durant probably out.

Doubt it. He missed shootaround and has missed the last 3 games.

• billholler

@jimmyd1507 said...

Donovan even mouthed the words ‘can’t play Kanter’ to Mo Cheeks on the bench when Kanter didn’t hedge on a Bev PnR that resulted in Capela throwing down a tomahawk dunk off an oop.

They actually discussed it on TV during the game as soon as hit happened. Adams is bad on offense and the words “Kanter” and “defense” should never be spoken in the same sentence.

• iron_tactics

I really want to play Kanter now

• billholler

And in case it hasn’t been posted yet….KD, Livingston and Barnes all missed shootaround.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).