NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1 ) at Miami ( 1 ) —- T: 216.5
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3 ) at New Orleans ( -3 ) —- T: 216
    9:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -3.5 ) at San Antonio ( 3.5 ) —- T: 206

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• lemondrop7

Ben Simmons – rookie on road in Miami, heat defense good contender to contain him

Kevin Durant – on road vs a team playing with their hearts on their sleeves for their coach. It may be hard to get up for this game if you’re the warriors. Spurs defense good contender to adjust and contain Durant.

Anthony Davis – at home….no one on blazers can stop him…most likely to not be in blowout among top 3 guys.

Spurs….Blazers….Pelicans…..olynyks birthday

I could see a lot of people thinking Durant and Simmons are needed and thinking they can make their lineup unique via looney or McGee or bam adabeyo…I’m going to go a different route…mid cost guys with cheap Spurs and then 1 star. But Aldridge is rly good too i bet

• Theguy49503

@ushook said...

Then….. BOOM 70 burger lol.

You know what lol, you may be right to

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

How much is he on DK? Just curious.

$10.9, followed by Durant at 10.3 and Simmons at 10.2

• gaelicgirl

@lemondrop7 said...

Kevin Durant – on road vs a team playing with their hearts on their sleeves for their coach. It may be hard to get up for this game if you’re the warriors. Spurs defense good contender to adjust and contain Durant.

Spurs did play much better at home than on the road this season, but Warriors played as well on the road as at home. KD is shooting ~52% from the field in the first two games of the playoffs, and scored more FD points in the second game than the first. Not saying he’s a lock or anything, but who on the Spurs is going to stop him? If they do manage to contain KD somehow, don’t sleep on Klay, who’s averaging 70% from the field and 71% from downtown over the first two games. Like your takes on Simmons and AD, though.

• GGee87

So how do we attack the Embiid situation? Build lineups as if he’s not going to be available or wait until tipoff to see what they say? Seems risky to wait… Unless they come up with an answer before lock.

• mattyice522

gasol eats tonight

• BerkeleyBoss

@DC2380 said...

Anyone on DK paying up for AD?

Absolutely, I think he’s easily the best value over $7500

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

$10.9, followed by Durant at 10.3 and Simmons at 10.2

LOL that’s an easy choice, then. I can’t believe how cheap players are on DK compared to FD.

• Deltfish

@gaelicgirl said...

LOL that’s an easy choice, then. I can’t believe how cheap players are on DK compared to FD.

Don’t you get $10,000 LESS $ on DK than FD? I mean, that’s a reason right there…….

• BerkeleyBoss

@GGee87 said...

Link

It’s the first game, so we should hopefully have some clarity prior to lock, but as of now I’m definitely proceeding as if he’s not playing.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Yeah, but you have 10K less cap to work with, but also only 8 spots to fill as opposed to 9 on FD. If you are paying up for one superstar on DK, I think the choice is rather obvious between Davis, Durant and Simmons at those prices. Glass can put up an 80 spot, more likely 65 or so, where I think the ceilings for Durant and Simmons are much lower.

• ASitar

Redick or Wade DK SG GPP?

• Benf15harp

My Player pool on dk
    Jrue,rondo, cj,wade,Murray,manu
    Dario,gay,aminu,harkless(if turner is out)
    Ad,lma, dray, miro, Kelly,ersan
    Collins(if nurkic is out) whiteside(if Joel plays)

• gaelicgirl

@Deltfish said...

Don’t you get $10,000 LESS $ on DK than FD? I mean, that’s a reason right there…….

Oh, right. I forgot you get less to spend there. My bad.

• ushook

@gaelicgirl said...

You get less money tho…. and one less slot to fill.

• keephustlincuz

@gaelicgirl said...

Oh, right. I forgot you get less to spend there. My bad.

• ASitar

@mattyice522 said...

gasol eats tonight

Why?

• Benf15harp

@gaelicgirl said...

Spurs did play much better at home than on the road this season, but Warriors played as well on the road as at home. KD is shooting ~52% from the field in the first two games of the playoffs, and scored more FD points in the second game than the first. Not saying he’s a lock or anything, but who on the Spurs is going to stop him? If they do manage to contain KD somehow, don’t sleep on Klay, who’s averaging 70% from the field and 71% from downtown over the first two games. Like your takes on Simmons and AD, though.

Yea 70% from 3 seems sustainable lol

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Yeah, but you have 10K less cap to work with, but also only 8 spots to fill as opposed to 9 on FD. If you are paying up for one superstar on DK, I think the choice is rather obvious between Davis, Durant and Simmons at those prices. Glass can put up an 80 spot, more likely 65 or so, where I think the ceilings for Durant and Simmons are much lower.

Agree.

• aus1032

wow white side at 5400, they’re just begging you to play this dude

• Benf15harp

@ASitar said...

Redick or Wade DK SG GPP?

I’m thinking we get a Paul pierce like performance from dwade lol

• ushook

Playing klay is never a bad idea since you’re not chasing.

He is guaranteed to hit 25-30 FPs, with a chance of getting to 35.

Sign me up.

• BerkeleyBoss

@Deltfish said...

Yeah, but he’s quite a bit cheaper on DK than FD. Much more so than Simmons, Durant, Lillard or Aldridge.

Some of it has to do with the different scoring. AD is projected more on FD (blocks and steals), while the others are projected more on DK. Even so, AD is much more of a value on DK than FD tonight IMO. On FD, I like him and Simmons pretty evenly.

• gaelicgirl

@Benf15harp said...

Yea 70% from 3 seems sustainable lol

Yeah, yeah…there was much scoffing when I said Iggy wasn’t “washed” but was saving himself for the playoffs, too. And if Klay ever shoots like that I’ll eat my Warriors sweater. ;-)

• superjon

@ushook said...

Playing klay is never a bad idea since you’re not chasing.

He is guaranteed to hit 25-30 FPs, with a chance of getting to 35.

Sign me up.

I don’t think you should ever start with Klay, but if he fills that final spot. Yeah go got it

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).