NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST: Philadelphia ( -1.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 1.5 ) — T: 231
    5:30 PM EST: Denver ( 4 ) at San Antonio ( -4 ) — T: 208
    8:00 PM EST: Milwaukee ( -9 ) at Detroit ( 9 ) — T: 216.5
    10:30 PM EST: Houston ( 2.5 ) at Utah ( -2.5 ) — T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jonsie1734

@Csufantasy said...

@jjpk said…

The NBA really doesn’t care about DFS players. They aren’t going to change anything.

The impact on DFS may not be on the NBA’s radar but the impact to sports betting certainly is. Information like the status of a big time star in a playoff game is critical for both, so even if/when they get tighter b/c of sports betting it will help DFS.

• sox9

Dudley starting ahead of RHJ and Kurucs, Wow

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Dudley starting ahead of RHJ and Kurucs, Wow

Tried to swap out Kurucs for Ersan as my plug, but was 30 seconds too late, oh well. Too much dicking around w/getting Embiid in my LUs.

• sox9

Carrol Dinwiddie RHJ all riding the bench.

• RatedDAL

First game of the day. Should be the safest as far as injury news goes. Unbelievable.

• Dfspacman

Simmons full court day

• scott33

Got 50% Allen, so far so good

• NoLimits0

Why is Monroe still owned by anyone when he’s gonna play 0 mins?

Also why is Simmons so highly owned despite Embiid playing? Butler also too high for Embiid playing but he’s affected a bit less I guess.

Free rake guys. These guys who played the above help with the rake.

• zline34

@scott33 said...

Got 50% Allen, so far so good

I’ve got like 75%. I wasn’t changing even with Embiid news. RHJ might kill 25% of my lineups though.

• lotusbomb

@NoLimits0 said...

Also why is Simmons so highly owned despite Embiid playing?

Free rake guys.

news came out 8 minutes before lock, and I still left him in one just in case. harris is owned like embiid is out too

• Pandamonious

@NoLimits0 said...

Also why is Simmons so highly owned despite Embiid playing?

Free rake guys.

People obviously weren’t paying attention. Embiid is only 6.6% owned. No way that happens if he was going to play all along.

• Ree4erMadness

I decided not to change anything. Still have Simmons, Allen and Butler.

• Csufantasy

@jonsie1734 said...

The impact on DFS may not be on the NBA’s radar but the impact to sports betting certainly is. Information like the status of a big time star in a playoff game is critical for both, so even if/when they get tighter b/c of sports betting it will help DFS.

Whether people have the information early or not has little impact on the NBA.

• TheRyanFlaherty

@jonsie1734 said...

The counter would be a smart sports better would know to stay away. Or they would calculate the risks/benefits and adjust accordingly,
    DFS is a little different just because a game is part of an all day main slate you may not want to ignore, but I’m sure you could argue you can apply the same risk/reward type logic to that as well.

• NoLimits0

@Pandamonious said...

People obviously weren’t paying attention. Embiid is only 6.6% owned. No way that happens if he was going to play all along.

As I said game 1 and 2 I would be 0% Embiid even if I knew he was playing because can’t trust his knee.

I have Allen as my C (pivot off of Monroe which I said earlier) so I guess it was easy not to do any Monroe switches.

Well I’m glad this forum exists. I think RG alerts would have helped everyone here get off Monroe (hopefully!)

• Csufantasy

To put it in perspective the NBA would much rather have Embiid play with a last second approval then get denied from playing before going through warm ups. This isn’t going to change any time I soon.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I’ve freaking guessed wrong on Embiid every freaking game.
    I guess the good news should be that I had winning nights the days he played and I assumed he wouldn’t, but today isn’t starting out so hot…oh well…

• NoLimits0

The main changes with the Embiid news was no Monroe, you can still kinda keep Boban if you think he’ll smash in 20 mins or if you think Embiid gets hurt, and a major reduction of Simmons since he was overpriced. The other 3 Sixers also get hurt but not as much and their prices were still low unlike Simmons who is now 8.5k. That’s I think the right game plan? I guess in 8 mins is possible if you have 20 lineups with manual edit or if you have more but know how to edit CSVs. Simmons should still have a decent floor but his ceiling is massively hurt.

Oh I guess the other change could be adding Embiid but that’s still risky with his knee.

• Pandamonious

@NoLimits0 said...

The main changes with the Embiid news was no Monroe, you can still kinda keep Boban if you think he’ll smash in 20 mins or if you think Embiid gets hurt, and a major reduction of Simmons since he was overpriced. The other 3 Sixers also get hurt but not as much and their prices were still low unlike Simmons who is now 8.5k. That’s I think the right game plan? I guess in 8 mins is possible if you have 20 lineups with manual edit or if you have more but know how to edit CSVs. Simmons should still have a decent floor but his ceiling is massively hurt.

Oh I guess the other change could be adding Embiid but that’s still risky with his knee.

Yeah, I don’t know. I only made 12 line ups. Went 11 with Embiid. He’s my only Sixer. Boban was too expensive IMO for only 18-20 minutes. I had no interest in Allen once Embiid was in as the foul trouble risk wasn’t worth the ceiling. The Allen take may backfire. Once Embiid was upgraded from Doubtful to GTD and all the tweets coming in that he looked good in warm ups I just started plugging him in.

• NoLimits0

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I don’t know. I only made 12 line ups. Went 11 with Embiid. He’s my only Sixer. Boban was too expensive IMO for only 18-20 minutes. I had no interest in Allen once Embiid was in as the foul trouble risk wasn’t worth the ceiling. The Allen take may backfire. Once Embiid was upgraded from Doubtful to GTD and all the tweets coming in that he looked good in warm ups I just started plugging him in.

I’m just really really afraid to play Embiid. I don’t think I can trust him for the remainder of the playoffs. I understand he can get 60 FPs (probably will now I bad mouthed him) but I feel like it’s too risky if he can’t play 32+ mins at 100% percent.

C today was terrible. Situation Monroe/Boban now gone with Embiid, literally the only other C which I think has a decent floor is Capela late or Jakob Poetl if you wanna go there.

• Dfspacman

Sixers bench

• aus1032

Embiid going nuclear thank god

• sox9

In my cash games Embiid is 5-6% owned, wild!

• sox9

@sox9 said...

In my cash games Embiid is 5-6% owned, wild!

Dinwiddie close to 70% lol. He wasn’t even in the starting LU

• sox9

Russell and Levert on the cusp of getting into foul trouble.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).