NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1.5 ) at Chicago ( -1.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 2.5 ) at Okla City ( -2.5 ) —- T: 224
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1.5 ) at Utah ( 1.5 ) —- T: 197

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• pheffernan7

@damionismyname said...

On FD what PF are you going to pay for other than Griffin? The rest are a true roll of the dice. Favors has the knee issue and will get you 23.5, Ryan Anderson may get you 10 or 40, Mirotic is 6.5k now and Kanter isnt getting minutes.

• iron_tactics

@damionismyname said...

On FD what PF are you going to pay for other than Griffin? The rest are a true roll of the dice. Favors has the knee issue and will get you 23.5, Ryan Anderson may get you 10 or 40, Mirotic is 6.5k now and Kanter isnt getting minutes.

I’m going Kanter today. I’d say why but i’d rather everyone go Speights, Amir, Mirotic, Bobby and Griffin.

• hangtime28

Dang it Yahoo moved Olynyk to center. Smh.

• mike42

C Paul at 7% ownership anyone?
    Best guess is the PROS will have him owned at 2-3x the field.

• colb24

alright no westbrook going PAUL Jordan Butler Hayward

• RogueGrinder

@pheffernan7 said...

Makes you wonder if an MCW pivot might be worth it

Sure throw him in one of your many, if picking good players and losing gets tiring. Sometimes those 100 to 1 odds gets you that gpp win.

• RogueGrinder

What are your must plays?

• DirkDigglerz

LOL I have a lineup with the Bulls starting 5 LMAO like it

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

In my personal opinion, I think that paying up for Butler might be a trap as the third wheel to Harden and Westbrook. With Rondo out, there is one less guy Boston will have to focus on defending tonight, so they should be able to clamp down. I think that there are more option much cheaper than Butler at SF on FD that can get you 25 – 30 because of their heavy minutes. Richard Luc and Roberson will be playing crazy minutes to defend the opposing SF and if Luc stumbles into 22 and Roberson stumbles into 30 again, getting 52 from the two of them as opposed to 40 floor and 55 – 60 from Butler who is priced higher than the two of them combined, allows you to spend the rest of your money elsewhere.

I think the sneaky play is to have Griffin as the third wheel as most will probably go Butler. I think the cheaper PF options are much more volatile with their minutes and cannot be trusted as much as the cheap sf options. For example… Portis could have great game and coach will leave him in or play 9 minutes. Gibson and Kanter cannot be trusted… Mirotic misses a few to start the game and he is gonzo… Boston bigs can never be trusted because the coach himself has no clue who he is playing. I would probably also consider having Horford as the third wheel, as he has pretty much scored 30 fd points last 2 games despite playing garbage so he could go for even more if Boston decides to run the offense through him a bit more.

I don’t think anyone will be on Horford or Deandre for that matter tonight because most lineup builds will not provide enough money for you to put them in.

Hope I have given everyone some food for thought

• Mr_tjRoto

there’s always that 25% chance Harden outscores NWES.

Anyhoot is a 280 cash line very likely tonight in 50/50’s?

• TheGreek

Westbrook almost dropped 100 piece last game and now he plays at home down 0-2. With all do respect, how is he not worth the price? Are you talking FD?

• iron_tactics

@mike42 said...

C Paul at 7% ownership anyone?
    Best guess is the PROS will have him owned at 2-3x the field.

Yeah I can see many fading westbrook today, so I expect CP3 and ITs ownership to actually be around 30% paired with MCW or Jerian Grant. I’m on the fence with westbrook now but………I may 100% lock him 0 fucks, 43 FGA and 11 3PA? He only hit 2 of those 3s but if his shots go above 50% this game with that. He’s mad they lost game 2 with that effort so I wonder if he’s gonna feel like they can’t win and give up expecting the team to pick it up and Donovan to stop making stupid decisions (better get Sabonis in there).

• gaelicgirl

@superbuckwild said...

Good points. Wish you posted here more often…

• Mr_tjRoto

When Wade was out in February in Chicago, Butler was 9/20 29 real pts, 4 rb, 7 assists and 2 blocks , 45 fanduel pts.
    But Harden has failed to reach 4x in 10 games since March 1st

• iCalebb

100% with you on Al, he’s a sneaky play tonight with huge upside

• iCalebb

Rolo is someone I’ve been locking in. Horford cannot hold him period and he’s killing it

• TeamTarek

honestly guys if u FADE wb today u better stop playin dfs

• iCalebb

My main question is, M. Smart or Pat Beverley tonight? Which is the better option

• frugal

@TheGreek said...

Westbrook almost dropped 100 piece last game and now he plays at home down 0-2. With all do respect, how is he not worth the price? Are you talking FD?

He will be very highly owned after last game. However, Westbrook shot his team out of that one. In the 4th he really needed some help and didn’t trust anyone. If he really wants to win, he’ll need to trust his teammates a little more and Oladipo is going to have to step up big time.

• mike42

If there is one takeaway from the last 2 nights is you have to raise the ceiling of star players. Not only more minutes but the ball is in their hands a lot more and they are stars because they rise to the occasion. I think you can add 10-15 points to the ceilings of players like Paul/Butler tonight. Players like Griffin/Hortford have not given you any reason to believe you should raise their ceiling even though they where at home and now going on the road. These playoffs are consistent with the general belief about both players too. Neither are superstars and having the right superstars has been the key to winning recently.
    Not fighting you on this as much as just saying does the trend of the last couple nights continue? If so, pick the best players on each team and don’t underestimate their ceilings by using the regular season as a barometer.

• RobertoTomba

@damionismyname said...

PF is a wasteland.

• billholler

Been busy this morning and just stopped by to see the Rondo reactions. MCW? Are you drunk this early in the morning? Hoiberg is a better option than MCW.

• rome9bc

Jerian Grant a must play at $1500 on FD

• winnerchickendinner

@rome9bc said...

Jerian Grant a must play at $1500 on FD

• pheffernan7

@billholler said...

Been busy this morning and just stopped by to see the Rondo reactions. MCW? Are you drunk this early in the morning? Hoiberg is a better option than MCW.

Real life they’re both awful. As a bulls fan i’ve had to watch this garbage all year. But when someone is projecting the kind of ownership that Grant is you have to consider possible pivots. The zisper idea also makes sense and just let Wade and Jimmy run things.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).