NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1.5 ) at Chicago ( -1.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 2.5 ) at Okla City ( -2.5 ) —- T: 224
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1.5 ) at Utah ( 1.5 ) —- T: 197

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• billholler

@frugal said...

He will be very highly owned after last game

RWB wouldn’t have been that highly owned because of his price but thanks to Rondo he is now going to probably be in the 60% range on DK

• iron_tactics

@pheffernan7 said...

Real life they’re both awful. As a bulls fan i’ve had to watch this garbage all year. But when someone is projecting the kind of ownership that Grant is you have to consider possible pivots. The zisper idea also makes sense and just let Wade and Jimmy run things.

Yeah but awful at 1.5 is fine for me.

• RobertoTomba

@iron_tactics said...

Yeah but awful at 1.5 is fine for me.

Yeah…it’s better than awful at $5800 (Serge Ibaka looking at you).

• satchmo77

Yeah the rondo injury sucks. Now everyone on fd will have grant/westbrook for their pg spots

• TheGreek

@billholler said...

RWB wouldn’t have been that highly owned because of his price but thanks to Rondo he is now going to probably be in the 60% range on DK

Exactly, but I think you still need him. Going to have to eat the chalk on this slate…. I think.

• kettab24

welcome back Jimmy butler I’m expecting lebron like numbers tonight

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Anyone thinking about taking an automatic 0 with a $1500 player on FD now that Grant is starting, and shouldn’t find it too difficult to put up 20fp?

I’m getting some pretty good lineups by shoving an extra $1500 player in even if he might only score anywhere between 0 – 5 fps.

• frugal

@TheGreek said...

Exactly, but I think you still need him. Going to have to eat the chalk on this slate…. I think.

I don’t know. If I were forced to run 2 PGs like on FD, I would probably run at least 1 hedged lineup pairing Paul and Thomas or even Beverely and look to save at SF and C.

• pheffernan7

@peachfuzz said...

Anyone thinking about taking an automatic 0 with a $1500 player on FD now that Grant is starting, and shouldn’t find it too difficult to put up 20fp?

I’m getting some pretty good lineups by shoving an extra $1500 player in even if he might only score anywhere between 0 – 5 fps.

I wanna hear what Stevens says because I’ve been looking at Zeller

• vikingchay

Blake Griffin worth the $9,200 tonight?

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@pheffernan7 said...

I wanna hear what Stevens says because I’ve been looking at Zeller

I’ve been looking at him, and Jerebko.

It really would apply to any $1500 guy that might not even see the floor though. I can make some good lineups with just Grant, but it feels like I am making better ones with using two min. priced players even though I’m factoring in a goose egg.

• IronMonkey415

Got my lineup ready, Don’t want to panic and end up picking the wrong Grant like I did last time.

• NovaFuture1221

What is up with Bobby Portis minutes soo inconsistent.

• IronMonkey415

Bobby and Miro in the same lineup for me on FD.
    Might as well go all out.

• tmarohl

@satchmo77 said...

Yeah the rondo injury sucks. Now everyone on fd will have grant/westbrook for their pg spots

I have some lineups like that, but unless another value option emerges outside of Grant, I will also have plenty of lineups that don’t include Westbrook on FD. For instance, I always like a late night hammer. CP3 is always a favorite of mine. Tough decisions tonight. Are you better off playing WB and Grant, at a combined price of 16.1K?, or are you better off playing Beverly and CP3 at $15.9? To me Westbrook has to get at least 70 and Grant 15. If WB puts up a 55-60 FD point game those WB/Grant lineups may not cash, and could be well behind someone who differentiated their lineup at PG, maybe saved some money, and put it to use elsewhere.

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@NovaFuture1221 said...

What is up with Bobby Portis minutes soo inconsistent.

That’s how it goes for bench players in the playoffs, especially if the game is anywhere near close. The true starters hog the majority of the minutes.

• IronMonkey415

I have Westbrook and Thomas to be different.

and

Westbrook / George Hill TO BE EVEN MORE DIFFERENT!!!!

• IronMonkey415

And IT4 and CP3 to be cute.

• bencats22

Can’t pick between JJ/”(player-popup)Jerami Grant”:/players/jerami-grant-18576 and Favors/Zipser

• colb24

@superbuckwild said...

In my personal opinion, I think that paying up for Butler might be a trap as the third wheel to Harden and Westbrook. With Rondo out, there is one less guy Boston will have to focus on defending tonight, so they should be able to clamp down. I think that there are more option much cheaper than Butler at SF on FD that can get you 25 – 30 because of their heavy minutes. Richard Luc and Roberson will be playing crazy minutes to defend the opposing SF and if Luc stumbles into 22 and Roberson stumbles into 30 again, getting 52 from the two of them as opposed to 40 floor and 55 – 60 from Butler who is priced higher than the two of them combined, allows you to spend the rest of your money elsewhere.

I think the sneaky play is to have Griffin as the third wheel as most will probably go Butler. I think the cheaper PF options are much more volatile with their minutes and cannot be trusted as much as the cheap sf options. For example… Portis could have great game and coach will leave him in or play 9 minutes. Gibson and Kanter cannot be trusted… Mirotic misses a few to start the game and he is gonzo… Boston bigs can never be trusted because the coach himself has no clue who he is playing. I would probably also consider having Horford as the third wheel, as he has pretty much scored 30 fd points last 2 games despite playing garbage so he could go for even more if Boston decides to run the offense through him a bit more.

I don’t think anyone will be on Horford or Deandre for that matter tonight because most lineup builds will not provide enough money for you to put them in.

Hope I have given everyone some food for thought

appreciate it!

• tmarohl

@IronMonkey415 said...

I have Westbrook and Thomas to be different.

and

Westbrook / George Hill TO BE EVEN MORE DIFFERENT!!!!

All I am saying is diversify a little. We already know that Westbrook and Grant are going to be the chalk on FD at PG. If Westbrook puts up over 70 FD point you will be golden. However, if he puts up 55-60 FD points, which is also entirely possible, some lineup that has a couple of more reasonably priced PG’s may very well be the winning formula.

• gaelicgirl

@vikingchay said...

Blake Griffin worth the $9,200 tonight?

No.

• P0key

I hope you all are locking Jimmy Butler in a game where the celtics will be playing to keep series alive…its like play lebron in game where the pacers were going to come out swinging last night

Wesbrook + Grant = 81 points tonight
    CP3 + Grant = ??

• vikingchay

Jerami Grant or Luc Richard Mbah a Moute for value pick?

• colb24

James Harden cheapest price on DK he has been in a long long time.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).