NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1.5 ) at Chicago ( -1.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 2.5 ) at Okla City ( -2.5 ) —- T: 224
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1.5 ) at Utah ( 1.5 ) —- T: 197

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• pheffernan7

@Pandamonious said...

I may be overthinking things, but I think on DK I will have more MCW than Grant. I don’t think Grant will play more than 30 minutes. He’s going to be the 5th wheel on the starting unit. Butler will be the primary ball handler. He’s not going to get plays run for him or anything like that. I do think he could potentially get into foul trouble guarding Thomas. On the other hand MCW I think will get 20 minute, maybe end up with more. He’ll probably handle the ball when Butler is off the court. He could be the better defensive option, due to his length, against Thomas if he goes off on Grant and actually end up getting more minutes. He’s more likely to get blocks, steals, and rebounds than Grant.

Not trying to talk anyone off Grant on DK, I will be playing him too, just sharing some thoughts. Anyone else agree? Am I overthinking it? Or are these just crazy thoughts?

I don’t think you’re crazy but just try to do some research into back when Rondo was still benched and Wade was healthy. If i remember right, Grant would start, stand in the corner for 5 min and sit down. I’m not saying that’s is going to happen but it doesn’t necessarily have to be a like for like switch and there are other cheap Bulls. I saw someone say Valentine which is interesting.

• WinBotCity

@worldsgreatest13 said...

If you’re playing Westbrook at this price, you’ve already lost

Time will tell, my friend.

• BerkeleyBoss

I think Westbrook is the best point/$ value on FD of any guy above $8k

• Agent47

@iron_tactics said...

My lineups are done. FD GPP only playing 1 or 2 players from the OKC HOU game and they are not RWB or Harden. I expect the Thunder to reduce the pace in this game and would not be surprised if both barely break 100 tonight.

Not saying that that’s impossible, because it isn’t. But in their last 2 meetings of the regular season, each team scored at least 115 points.

• deactivated66527

Lol

• Agent47

@sherm said...

Honestly, what do you guys think that kanter will see close to 20min today. Idk why coach doesn’t play him. He’s a great offensive big, arguably their second best scorer, and they need that with an offensive stud team like the rockets

Anything’s possible, but considering that Donovan was seen on camera during game 1 saying “can’t play Kanter” (because he’s a big liability on defense) and then subsequently played Kanter only 8 minutes in game 2, I’d say it’s a longshot. Still, if you’re running multiple lineups, he might be worth a GPP dart throw at such a low price. Can’t remember the last time I saw him at under $4K.

• RobertoTomba

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I think Westbrook is the best point/$ value on FD of any guy above $8k

Rotogrinders’ projections agree with you. Another site, however, puts him behind Paul, Thomas, Jordan, Griffin, and Hayward.

• iron_tactics

@Agent47 said...

Anything’s possible, but considering that Donovan was seen on camera during game 1 saying “can’t play Kanter” (because he’s a big liability on defense) and then subsequently played Kanter only 8 minutes in game 2, I’d say it’s a longshot. Still, if you’re running multiple lineups, he might be worth a GPP dart throw at such a low price. Can’t remember the last time I saw him at under $4K.

Where, is he under 4k?

• IronMonkey415

Lets hope they play Kanter more minutes today at home.

I paired his ass with Westbrook, so watch that be a wasted lineup.

• IronMonkey415

On DK he is $3900

• Agent47

@iron_tactics said...

Where, is he under 4k?

He’s $3,900 on DK.

• vikingchay

Looking like a lot of Bulls and a lot of Thunder tonight! Just gotta pick the right ones!

• iron_tactics

Fuckin, playing on DK today then

• GGee87

@superbuckwild said...

In my personal opinion, I think that paying up for Butler might be a trap as the third wheel to Harden and Westbrook. With Rondo out, there is one less guy Boston will have to focus on defending tonight, so they should be able to clamp down. I think that there are more option much cheaper than Butler at SF on FD that can get you 25 – 30 because of their heavy minutes. Richard Luc and Roberson will be playing crazy minutes to defend the opposing SF and if Luc stumbles into 22 and Roberson stumbles into 30 again, getting 52 from the two of them as opposed to 40 floor and 55 – 60 from Butler who is priced higher than the two of them combined, allows you to spend the rest of your money elsewhere.

I think the sneaky play is to have Griffin as the third wheel as most will probably go Butler. I think the cheaper PF options are much more volatile with their minutes and cannot be trusted as much as the cheap sf options. For example… Portis could have great game and coach will leave him in or play 9 minutes. Gibson and Kanter cannot be trusted… Mirotic misses a few to start the game and he is gonzo… Boston bigs can never be trusted because the coach himself has no clue who he is playing. I would probably also consider having Horford as the third wheel, as he has pretty much scored 30 fd points last 2 games despite playing garbage so he could go for even more if Boston decides to run the offense through him a bit more.

I don’t think anyone will be on Horford or Deandre for that matter tonight because most lineup builds will not provide enough money for you to put them in.

Hope I have given everyone some food for thought

What if you go Olynyk at C instead of Horford or Jordan? Does that do anything for you at all? Or just lower your ceiling by a few points?

• mike42

So Westy’s ownership doubles because Rondo is out does not exactly make sense. The free (1500) square should not dramatically alter the rest of your roster construction.
    Also, pace of Bulls game could slow dramatically with Rondo out. He’s the only PG that pushes the ball, gets people easy baskets. Should see a lot of Wade/Butler walking it up, Grant’s specialty is shooting the 3, MCW not so much, so he could still get a lot of run even if Wade/Butler dominate ball handling duties it makes sense to have him spread behind 3 pt line.

• RobertoTomba

@IronMonkey415 said...

Lets hope they play Kanter more minutes today at home.

I paired his ass with Westbrook, so watch that be a wasted lineup.

You didn’t hear about Donovan saying “Can’t play Kanter,” after he blew a defensive assignment in game 1? And then, not coincidentally, he barely played in game 2. He did have a great point-per-minute ratio, but it would be hard to trust how many minutes he gets.

• IronMonkey415

It was only in one lineup, but I might even end up taking Kanter out for Diaw.

• DC2380

i think IT is the must play today. game 3 must win situation (PG last night)

• iron_tactics

@RobertoTomba said...

You didn’t hear about Donovan saying “Can’t play Kanter,” after he blew a defensive assignment in game 1? And then, not coincidentally, he barely played in game 2. He did have a great point-per-minute ratio, but it would be hard to trust how many minutes he gets.

Kanter saw that too. Sabonis did no favors when he went in, so really “Can’t play Sabonis” either. I’m betting he gets his 16-18 today but I see him doing a little more with it in this game. They need to keep Adams in with Kanter

• Conbon32

anybody going back to Ryan anderson? his shot has to start falling sometime. He usually plays well on the road.

• iron_tactics

@DC2380 said...

i think IT is the must play today. game 3 must win situation (PG last night)

Hard to know where his head is going to be at in this game though.

• BUFUu2

all this talk about the bulls and westy…. Is nobody thinking that boston is going to win this game… I believe this game boston will kill chicago and loving ish horford and crowder tonight

• IronMonkey415

You just gotta a risk in a 1 or 2 lineup with Kanter,

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@pheffernan7 said...

I don’t think you’re crazy but just try to do some research into back when Rondo was still benched and Wade was healthy. If i remember right, Grant would start, stand in the corner for 5 min and sit down. I’m not saying that’s is going to happen but it doesn’t necessarily have to be a like for like switch and there are other cheap Bulls. I saw someone say Valentine which is interesting.

Yeah, regular season history shows MCW will get more minutes than Grant in this situation. Or at least it’ll be a time share. Haven’t ruled out playing Zipser too, but Valentine seems like reaching too far.

• TheGreek

@BUFUu2 said...

all this talk about the bulls and westy…. Is nobody thinking that boston is going to win this game… I believe this game boston will kill chicago and loving ish horford and crowder tonight

Usually what injury news does, regarding bulls players that is. Agree with you though, as does vegas. Hard to filter out the noise I guess. Still have to figure out what to do with RWB though. I think you need him for Raw points on this slate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).