Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 2 ) at Milwaukee ( -2 ) —- T: 194.5
    5:30 PM EST : Washington ( 3 ) at Atlanta ( -3 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3.5 ) at Memphis ( 3.5 ) —- T: 187.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -6 ) at Portland ( 6 ) —- T: 217

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• billholler

Did I really just read through 2 pages of why Carroll was a better play? When did being terrible at basketball make you a better choice for DFS basketball?

BTW, as I’m typing this Norman Powell is at 6x value with a quarter and a half left to play.

• Dfspacman

Too bad I ain’t got Derozan but Powell for the low low ain’t bad

• deactivated66527

• superstars92

@billholler said...

Did I really just read through 2 pages of why Carroll was a better play? When did being terrible at basketball make you a better choice for DFS basketball?

BTW, as I’m typing this Norman Powell is at 7x value with a quarter and a half left to play.

Dude I never said Powell was a bad play. If you read my posts, you’ll just see I was surprised that everyone just jumps to Powell because he was announced as starting. It would be the same if like PJ Tucker was starting. It would be the same if they announced like Delon Wright as starting.

Also, are we talking about DK (because I only play DK)? Because Carroll and Powell have the same number of FP on there…not that both are doing well.

• billholler

@dearmand said...

Fading him completely at $2400 on DK is being overly stubborn.

He also has one start this year against the Bucks and scored 28 DK points. That would be almost 12x at 2400.

• MrPerfekt7

Anyone on the afternoon DK slate?

• iCalebb

Lol y’all took the Powell – Carroll comparison too seriously

• billholler

@superstars92 said...

Also, are we talking about DK (because I only play DK)? Because Carroll and Powell have the same number of FP on there…not that both are doing well.

Which one was cheaper?

DK should give a free t-shirt to anyone that rosters Carroll.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@superstars92 said...

Actually there are a few games for Powell this season in which he has started next to DeRozan and Lowry, and if my memory serves me correctly, he usually does nothing in those games (except for the one against the Lakers? if i remember correctly).

Powell has much higher usage when he’s playing without one of Lowry or DeRozan, but he struggles to find stats when he’s playing with both.

Anyways, I’m not saying it’s a bad play or anything. I was just surprised at the relative ownership percentages. Also, I am definitely not saying Carroll was a good play either haha, cause he sucks.

Yeah. I actually agree with your general point. Usually it’s not the guy who steps in and starts that is the play, it’s the trickle down effect where you find the best play. I believe you’re right about Powell in the regular season this year. If he would have been north of 3.5k I wouldn’t have played him at all, but figured he was worth a shot today in a few line ups.

• billholler

@iCalebb said...

Lol y’all took the Powell – Carroll comparison too seriously

No I finally got a slow moment at work and felt like arguing. My wife wasn’t here so I picked this dude.

• bmann

Powell had a block taken away. Too bad. Maybe it will be reinstated. Powell owners not in a bad position at all though. Hopefully he can get 10x+

• superstars92

@dearmand said...

Norman Powell is significantly more talented than Jerian Grant and older Gerald Green. He was also solid with peripherals back when he was 3k-4k earlier in the season. Fading him completely at $2400 on DK is being overly stubborn.

I don’t disagree with your point on talent in terms of Powell. However, with that said, then why did like Jerian Grant and Gerald Green also have like 30%+ ownerships yesterday? I don’t think people consider this “talent” you are talking about. All I am saying is people just see “player x is starting” and they immediately choose him, whether he is actually a good or bad play, without thinking about what their actual role is on the team.

Most people that chose Powell today also chose Grant and/or Green yesterday. They didn’t factor in whether any of them was a good play or not – just they are low priced and starting. That’s my argument. I am not saying if any of them is actually a good or bad play.

And yes, if you actually did a full fade of Green and Grant yesterday, you probably would have increased your chances of winning a GPP by like 20x.

Yea, I have never said Carroll was a better play than Powell. I was just saying if you look at the ownership percentages, it seems like people just immediately jump to the starter.

Caroll was 2.8k on DK. Powell was 2.4k. They have like the same number of FP (the 400 dollars means nothing because you can’t really upgrade with that). It doesn’t matter their FPs though (as I said in my first post). I’m just saying it’s surprising the psychology of how people chose their players.

Not even disagreeing with you guys. I have Powell on my DK team btw haha. Just surprised on how high he was chosen.

• dopeismarcus

Middleton shot iq is terrible

• bigwillie20

I just want the Bucks done so I don’t keep playing Brogdon

• deactivated66527

@superstars92 said...

Ok then why did like Jerian Grant and Gerald Green also have like 30%+ ownerships yesterday? I don’t think people consider this “talent” you are talking about. All I am saying is people just see “player x is starting” and they immediately choose him, whether he is actually a good or bad play, without thinking about what their actual role is on the team.

Most people that chose Powell today also chose Grant and/or Green yesterday. They didn’t factor in whether any of them was a good play or not – just they are low priced and starting. That’s my argument. I am not saying if any of them is actually a good or bad play.

And yes, if you actually did a full fade of Green and Grant yesterday, you probably would have increased your chances of winning a GPP by like 20x.

• Sleepyfloyd16

@billholler said...

He also has one start this year against the Bucks and scored 28 DK points. That would be almost 12x at 2400.

Yeah, a regular season game with no DD and Middleton out. Apples to oranges. No one is saying Powell was a bad play or to fade him completely.

• nyknick

hope abc fills it up in the fourth…

• bmann

@superstars92 said...

Ok then why did like Jerian Grant and Gerald Green also have like 30%+ ownerships yesterday? I don’t think people consider this “talent” you are talking about. All I am saying is people just see “player x is starting” and they immediately choose him, whether he is actually a good or bad play, without thinking about what their actual role is on the team.

Given Grant’s expected minutes, it was madness to fade him. Sorry dude. A reasonable projected minutes floor was 24 or so and at $1.5k that can’t be passed up. Reasonable projected minutes ceiling was 32 or so, which offered unheard of upside. Powell was $1.8k and the fact that he was starting probably gave him a minutes floor of 18 or so, more than enough time for him to offer massive upside. As it is, it looks like he will play 28 minutes or so. And I’m sorry but that’s just an idiotic fade.

• MrPerfekt7

Atlanta stack worth it today? They do need a win

• superstars92

Anyways sorry to get off topic. I was just trying to help in case people were wondering about how to predict ownership percentages. It’s not something I really do, but I might have to think about it more given the trends I see in the playoffs (now that I am closely paying attention to actually watching each game and knowing all the players, given each slate is 2-4 games).

It’s not just Powell. I want to say this has happened a lot – Selden, Gerald Green, Jerian Grant, etc. Look at Meyers Leonard the first game Nurkic was out – he was like 40% owned. This is Meyers Leonard we are talking about. He’s known to suck, he clearly isn’t very talented, but because he was replacing Nurkic, he was like 40% owned (and of course he did nothing and Aminu/Vonleh did well).

I’m just trying to help if you guys are interested in predicting the ownership percentages, if that’s something you guys want to use to help you differentiate to win a GPP. It’s with the post about Greg Monroe being matched up with JoVal earlier (before the game started). You can see Monroe is 0-5 from the field. Anyways, not everything I say you have to take seriously haha. Sometimes I admit I am wrong, but I was just surprised at this ownership percentage.

• billholler

@superstars92 said...

Ok then why did like Jerian Grant and Gerald Green also have like 30%+ ownerships yesterday?

Grant had 4 monster games as a starter and didn’t have to do much to crush value. Just had a terrible game. Green technically hit value too but he also had a bad game and also didn’t have to do much more to crush value.

P.S. Demarre Carroll is still terrible at basketball so never a reason to roster him with the exception of the free t-shirt idea.

• Beavsftw

Hoping for a spurs blowout. Got a couple of their second unit guys.

• bigwillie20

Turner or Iggy better play tonight?

• superstars92

@bmann said...

Given Grant’s expected minutes, it was madness to fade him. Sorry dude. A reasonable projected minutes floor was 24 or so and at $1.5k that can’t be passed up. Reasonable projected minutes ceiling was 32 or so, which offered unheard of upside. Powell was $1.8k and the fact that he was starting probably gave him a minutes floor of 18 or so, more than enough time for him to offer massive upside. As it is, it looks like he will play 28 minutes or so. And I’m sorry but that’s just an idiotic fade.

Last post about this – I only play DK. So I don’t have salaries like sub 2k (I think Grant was 2.7k on DK). Also, no his floor was more like 5 FP actually (which he barely reached – so there’s a one game playoff sample size that 5 FP actually could be his floor). He has played 25 mins earlier in the season and gotten that before too this season when he was starting. 5 FP isn’t going to win you a GPP. If you want to roster any sub 3k guy on DK or FD for that matter, I think you want him going for 10x to win a GPP. Even if he got 15 FP, I am not sure you can really win a GPP with that unless your other guys were perfect.

For cash game, I agree that you probably should choose him (just like you should choose Powell today). Most of my analysis is for GPPs though. I do play cash games, but ownership % only really matters for GPPs.

• gaelicgirl

@bigwillie20 said...

Turner or Iggy better play tonight?

Iggy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).