Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 2 ) at Milwaukee ( -2 ) —- T: 194.5
    5:30 PM EST : Washington ( 3 ) at Atlanta ( -3 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3.5 ) at Memphis ( 3.5 ) —- T: 187.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -6 ) at Portland ( 6 ) —- T: 217

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MrPerfekt7

@Beavsftw said...

Hoping for a spurs blowout. Got a couple of their second unit guys.

Doubt that will happen

• iCalebb

I knew I should’ve faded Giannis and paired Curry/Klay

• deactivated66527

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@superstars92 said...

Anyways sorry to get off topic. I was just trying to help in case people were wondering about how to predict ownership percentages. It’s not something I really do, but I might have to think about it more given the trends I see in the playoffs (now that I am closely paying attention to actually watching each game and knowing all the players, given each slate is 2-4 games).

It’s not just Powell. I want to say this has happened a lot – Selden, Gerald Green, Jerian Grant, etc. Look at Meyers Leonard the first game Nurkic was out – he was like 40% owned. This is Meyers Leonard we are talking about. He’s known to suck, he clearly isn’t very talented, but because he was replacing Nurkic, he was like 40% owned (and of course he did nothing and Aminu/Vonleh did well).

I’m just trying to help if you guys are interested in predicting the ownership percentages, if that’s something you guys want to use to help you differentiate to win a GPP. It’s with the post about Greg Monroe being matched up with JoVal earlier (before the game started). You can see Monroe is 0-5 from the field. Anyways, not everything I say you have to take seriously haha. Sometimes I admit I am wrong, but I was just surprised at this ownership percentage.

The Leonard one was just stupid. Dude had been nursing a bad hip and was basically only playing, because of depth issues and wasn’t going to get more minutes then he had already been getting. It was readily available information.

• superstars92

@billholler said...

P.S. Demarre Carroll is still terrible at basketball so never a reason to roster him with the exception of the free t-shirt idea.

Haha I agree on this. He’s been horrible ever since he got that ridiculous contract which I am sure hte Raptors regret.

Ok back on topic. I was saying earlier (and yes, I can be wrong as this is just an opinion), I really like Portland tonight. I really think their guards will take a ton of shots, and get more FT attempts because they are at home. Also since this is an elimination game for them (no way they are coming back down 0-3), I can really see Lillard playing a ton of mins tonight.

I am actually curious if Portland will start Turner tonight. I know he’s started the first 2 games, but he really hurts McCollum and Lillard because Turner is a huge ball hog who cannot shoot either. He probably will start, but I am curious if there will be a change.

• deactivated66527

@superstars92 said...

Anyways sorry to get off topic. I was just trying to help in case people were wondering about how to predict ownership percentages. It’s not something I really do, but I might have to think about it more given the trends I see in the playoffs (now that I am closely paying attention to actually watching each game and knowing all the players, given each slate is 2-4 games).

It’s not just Powell. I want to say this has happened a lot – Selden, Gerald Green, Jerian Grant, etc. Look at Meyers Leonard the first game Nurkic was out – he was like 40% owned. This is Meyers Leonard we are talking about. He’s known to suck, he clearly isn’t very talented, but because he was replacing Nurkic, he was like 40% owned (and of course he did nothing and Aminu/Vonleh did well).

I’m just trying to help if you guys are interested in predicting the ownership percentages, if that’s something you guys want to use to help you differentiate to win a GPP. It’s with the post about Greg Monroe being matched up with JoVal earlier (before the game started). You can see Monroe is 0-5 from the field. Anyways, not everything I say you have to take seriously haha. Sometimes I admit I am wrong, but I was just surprised at this ownership percentage.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Lineups starting to come alive!!!

• TheRyanFlaherty

Damn I was like 10 seconds too late from being able to switch Powell to one of my DK teams…also looking like I should have put him on both of my FD teams…oh well..

• Jdrav5

Powell at 10x…works for me

• superstars92

Oh actually see I was wrong. Let’s see what Kidd does with Monroe here. Will he take him out or let him stay in when the Raptors go small? This will be kinda important for people that own Monroe.

• Beavsftw

@7klub06 said...

Doubt that will happen

Well I never got to change my dummy lineup lol. I got lee and Anderson. At least it has curry/Thompson and Lilliard/McCollum

• bigwillie20

@superstars92 said...

Oh actually see I was wrong. Let’s see what Kidd does with Monroe here. Will he take him out or let him stay in when the Raptors go small? This will be kinda important for people that own Monroe.

Needs to leave him in to make up for Brogdan’s trash ass that I have

• mike42

For what it’s worth, it hasn’t really mattered as much w picking the right sub 3k players. Seems like every night winning LU has a couple cheapies that scored 20ish. Picking the right star has been 90 percent of the game. Difference between jimmy buckets, isiah and Paul or Hayward is so dramatic. The ceilings of stars is raised and variance much wider. I locked in Powell, figured he would get 10-25. Did in part to just fit more stars in.
    Seems like the importance of picking the right stars and mid range players has gone up in playoffs while the low end guys r more of a necessary evil without much variance.

• DirkDigglerz

Monroe hope it goes to OT

• DC2380

@iCalebb said...

I knew I should’ve faded Giannis and paired Curry/Klay

same here. he burned me in a few lineups also fuck

• damionismyname

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Ill take Beasley’s 10 for 1.8k I guess. 5x

• Benf15harp

Casey now benching ibaka for jval! Lol

• bmann

Where is Ibaka? Lucky he’s already there at least.

• pjbyrne707

Goddamnit ABC. Fucking do something

• DirkDigglerz

What’s up with the Bucks they suck with the turnovers

• jadoninc

Lowry Lowry Lowry smh

• deactivated66527

• superstars92

Btw, I’ll admit here that it seems like (at least for now – we’ll see how the other players do) that Powell, even at like 30% owned, was the right decision on DK. I’ll admit that. No issue with me saying that. However, I have to say that I am still surprised at his high ownership percentage. However, unlike Grant or Green yesterday, clearly Powell has exceeded value and can be a part of a winning GPP team (we’ll see if that is indeed the case later tonight).

Anyways, I still don’t change my opinion on me being surprised, but I 100% agree with the people who chose Powell that he has so far been a very good choice. Btw, as I said earlier, I do have Powell on my cash game teams, but just not many on my tourney teams.

• superstars92

@dearmand said...

Is Ibaka even gonna come back in?

No sorry man. I also didn’t know that the Bucks would stay big and then make Raptors stay big with JoVal. I knew that JoVal would play whenever Monroe would play. I just didn’t know Monroe would play the entire 4th. My bad sorry.

• DC2380

deadmon out

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).