NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -12 ) at Detroit ( 12 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -2.5 ) at Utah ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DC2380

Are we going back to drummond and blake

• superjon

@DC2380 said...

Are we going back to drummond and blake

Blake, yes.

Drummond, not so much.

• DC2380

• superjon

In my continuing journey on becoming better at MME. I’ve learned one thing that has really helped.

It is better to pretty much remove the terms lock and fade from your vocabulary and instead use overweight and underweight. Of course, there are players on every slate that you know will never be in the winning LU, and those players can be faded without much thought.

For everyone else, the key is trying to predict where the field will be and then deciding whether you want to be over or under the field. The other option, of course, is to just play it safe and match the field.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

I could have not have been more wrong on PG13 yesterday. Made up my losses in the shootout for the OKC vs Portland game by fading RWB.

Gobert went down to $7500. I’m looking at him and BLo.

• RatedDAL

On FD, is there a viable strategy to fading Freak? The SF cupboard is so small and awful I can’t get on board fading him even though I fully expect the Pistons to completely fold tonight.

• fleishmo6

I think you can go underweight on the freak and pay up for both shooting guards on FD instead
    I think most will pick one high end SG and the freak

• NDNole

Are we sure blake is going to play? Embiid has me messed up with this nba injury crap.

• superjon

@NDNole said...

Are we sure blake is going to play? Embiid has me messed up with this nba injury crap.

Detroit isn’t Philly

I expect we’ll know well before lock.

• ASitar

DK single bullet: Harden/ABC/Blake or Harden/ABC or Blake and balanced?

• superjon

@ASitar said...

DK single bullet: Harden/ABC/Blake or Harden/ABC or Blake and balanced?

I wouldn’t play Harden and ABC together if just playing one LU

One of them is likely to bust

• aus1032

idk how you don’t play harden tonight. He had one of his worst shooting performances ever last game and still almost went for 60 dk points

• BerkeleyBoss

I wonder what the Jazz will do with Favors. Will he continue to play backup C with Crowder and Niang getting most of the PF minutes? Will they play more Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/O’Neale/Gobert?

PF is a wasteland on FD, so I like the idea of playing a bunch of Niang to get some 3500 exposure.

• linesrc

@superjon said...

How do you figure that? lol

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

It’s not that one is likely to bust, although I can see it happening, it’s the lineup you have around them is mediocre at best. Gotta take some real leaps of faith to make Giannis Harden happen.

• nickybarnes2369

I’m doing a single entry. Fading ABC, you can get Harden and multiple “slate studs,” without digging into the mud. Bucks are going to hammer Detroit again, so another 24-28 mins is all we will see. Can he smash? Yes, but I’d rather pay down for Middleton whose 30-40 is safe, with mid 40 upside. Use the 4K savings elsewhere.

• superjon

@linesrc said...

How do you figure that? lol

Because it happens every slate lol

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

It’s not that one is likely to bust, although I can see it happening, it’s the lineup you have around them is mediocre at best. Gotta take some real leaps of faith to make Giannis Harden happen.

This too.

• sox9

Don’t know how many of you play FD, but unless I mistook it, it looked like yesterday was an anomaly w/the cash line for both GPP entries and cash games (e.g. 50:50) almost identical—like separated by one FP or less around 262 FPs. Normally the cash line on cash as opposed to GPP is about 10 FPs lower (250-255). Question: On a super small two-game slate I would expect the chance of cashing in GPP vs. Cash to be almost identical w/huge LU duplication in the field. Therefore, does it makes sense to me to maybe play just a couple small GPP entries—knowing the sharps will cover all LU combinations and the cash lines for all entires will be very tight—and at least you have a chance for upside w/the GPP. Sorry for the length

• hobbes2d

@NDNole said...

Blake claimed he felt really good yesterday and it sounds like the knee brace helped.

• RatedDAL

@superjon said...

This too.

I made a FD lineup with those 2 and Mitchell. Not very pretty at all. If everything breaks right that lineup could hit 270. Not worth it.

Wrong quote. Obviously I meant the comment about Harden and Freak making lineups ugly.

• ASitar

Putting together the Beard/ABC/Blake LU also forced me to use a bunch of scrubs from the Milw/Det game. I dropped ABC down to Ingles (hopefully he puts up one of his 40 DK points) and was able to bump one of my scrubs to Donovan Mitchell. I think most of the points will come from the late game so I now only have Hill and Blake from the early game.

• Njsum1

@nickybarnes2369 said...

I’m doing a single entry. Fading ABC, you can get Harden and multiple “slate studs,” without digging into the mud. Bucks are going to hammer Detroit again, so another 24-28 mins is all we will see. Can he smash? Yes, but I’d rather pay down for Middleton whose 30-40 is safe, with mid 40 upside. Use the 4K savings elsewhere.

This is why I have Giannis in 1 of 3. Nobody wants to play him, and I agree he’s not a great play, yet if the game manages to stay tight he still has 80 point upside.

• sox9

@RatedDAL said...

I made a FD lineup with those 2 and Mitchell. Not very pretty at all. If everything breaks right that lineup could hit 270. Not worth it.

Wrong quote. Obviously I meant the comment about Harden and Freak making lineups ugly.

With ABC and Harden even on FD you need things to break really correctly for at least 2 out of 3 dart throws (the third being a drop). If only one the 3 perform well above expectations, I would guess you are not gonna cash on a small slate

• sox9

@sox9 said...

With ABC and Harden even on FD you need things to break really correctly for at least 2 out of 3 dart throws (the third being a drop). If only one the 3 perform well above expectations, I would guess you are not gonna cash on a small slate

I always bet small on small slates for that reason. Just to make watching the game a little more fun.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).