NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -12 ) at Detroit ( 12 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -2.5 ) at Utah ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Petergunz82

If I’m not rostering Harden, I’ll be playing CP3 and possibly Capela

• ushook

You gotta create few lineups without beard..

Hes going to be 80 percent owned.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Don’t know how many of you play FD, but unless I mistook it, it looked like yesterday was an anomaly w/the cash line for both GPP entries and cash games (e.g. 50:50) almost identical—like separated by one FP or less around 262 FPs. Normally the cash line on cash as opposed to GPP is about 10 FPs lower (250-255). Question: On a super small two-game slate I would expect the chance of cashing in GPP vs. Cash to be almost identical w/huge LU duplication in the field. Therefore, does it makes sense to me to maybe play just a couple small GPP entries—knowing the sharps will cover all LU combinations and the cash lines for all entires will be very tight—and at least you have a chance for upside w/the GPP. Sorry for the length

I realize the rake is bigger on GPPs, so…

• sox9

@ushook said...

or you really gotta swing for the fences on your remaining roster spot looking for low ownership and hoping for lightning to strike w/ an in-game injury, blow-out game, ejection for your second or third team player.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

or you really gotta swing for the fences on your remaining roster spot looking for low ownership and hoping for lightning to strike w/ an in-game injury, blow-out game, ejection for your second or third team player.

meant: for your second or third team player that you roster to benefit

• Njsum1

@sox9 said...

I realize the rake is bigger on GPPs, so…

Why are you answering your own questions….stop…..haha.

Do you normally only play cash, is that why you’re asking if you should play GPP’s? Are you asking if you should play GPP, instead of cash, I’d say no, on a smaller slate. I don’t play cash, yet the only time I’d have any interest would be on a smaller slate.

If you’re asking if you should play GPP’s in addition to cash, the answer is always, yes.

• superjon

@Petergunz82 said...

If I’m not rostering Harden, I’ll be playing CP3 and possibly Capela

Capela is a great play. Price is so low and he’s come real close to making value this series.

• superjon

@ushook said...

Definitely

I have about a 1/2 field size share of him and ABC

• Boogie_Grinder

Harden is gonna play big. He don’t want to extend the series to another game. Expect him to go off today.

• sox9

@Njsum1 said...

Why are you answering your own questions….stop…..haha.

Do you normally only play cash, is that why you’re asking if you should play GPP’s? Are you asking if you should play GPP, instead of cash, I’d say no, on a smaller slate. I don’t play cash, yet the only time I’d have any interest would be on a smaller slate.

If you’re asking if you should play GPP’s in addition to cash, the answer is always, yes.

Normally play cash w/proly 80%-90% of LUs , using maybe a couple LUs, and then sprinkle a few small GPPs. My cash wins cover not cashing on the GPPs, w/some winnings left over—not all the time, but enough to stay positive for the season. Occasionally I’ll maybe quadruple my entry fee on a small GPP-but no major takedowns there-so I play slow and steady. Like everyone who plays GPPs when I do cash I am only one player away from a really big win: “If I only had played X as I originally intended instead of Y”—-everyone has that story

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Normally play cash w/proly 80%-90% of LUs , using maybe a couple LUs, and then sprinkle a few small GPPs. My cash wins cover not cashing on the GPPs, w/some winnings left over—not all the time, but enough to stay positive for the season. Occasionally I’ll maybe quadruple my entry fee on a small GPP-but no major takedowns there-so I play slow and steady. Like everyone who plays GPPs when I do cash I am only one player away from a really big win: “If I only had played X as I originally intended instead of Y”—-everyone has that story

And I play FD. yesterday Zubac killed me, but Kawhi saved me. Playing Zubac (the drop) made room for Kawhi along w/Gordon, PG13 and Dame. Nice double for the day.

• NDNole

@Njsum1 said...

This is why I have Giannis in 1 of 3. Nobody wants to play him, and I agree he’s not a great play, yet if the game manages to stay tight he still has 80 point upside.

Same reason I have him in 1 of 2.

• ASitar

EG or Kennard?

Brooke or Bugeyes?

DK

• BerkeleyBoss

@ASitar said...

EG or Kennard?

Brooke or Bugeyes?

DK

Kennard over EG for sure. Brook if you have nowhere else to spend the $400, but they’re essentially the same value IMO, so don’t force it.

• miggs6876

@superjon said...

I wouldn’t play Harden and ABC together if just playing one LU

One of them is likely to bust

Why not? It’s pretty easy to fit both them in a lineup. I’m playing both…

• superjon

@miggs6876 said...

Why not? It’s pretty easy to fit both them in a lineup. I’m playing both…

It’s always easy to do. Yet it rarely works.

Good luck

• ASitar

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Kennard over EG for sure. Brook if you have nowhere else to spend the $400, but they’re essentially the same value IMO, so don’t force it.

I did put Kennard in for EG, but I have Reggie in for Brooke. I feel Brooke has a higher ceiling but Reggie has a better shot at 35 DK points. 2 Rockets and 2 Jazz whereas earlier I only had Harden and Tucker from the late game.

• NDNole

Sterling or Connaughton if you had to choose?

• Njsum1

The lack of GIFS in this thread is affecting my on court performance. Here’s some random “other guys” gifs…thread is boring

And Reggie Jackson is fairly priced on DK.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

The lack of GIFS in this thread is affecting my on court performance. Here’s some random “other guys” gifs…thread is boring

It is a little – okay, a lot – boring, but now we don’t have to wade through all those useless and unfunny cat GIFs to get to fongster’s insightful slate analysis. Oh, wait…

So far my wins in the postseason have come in the 2-game slates. The trick is guessing which highly owned player underperforms (like Westbrick last night) and which pairing will go under owned (like Harkless and Aminu last night, or paying up for both spots in a position where people are likely to punt one).

• ASitar

@gaelicgirl said...

It is a little – okay, a lot – boring, but now we don’t have to wade through all those useless and unfunny cat GIFs to get to fongster’s insightful slate analysis. Oh, wait…

So far my wins in the postseason have come in the 2-game slates. The trick is guessing which highly owned player underperforms (like Westbrick last night) and which pairing will go under owned (like Harkless and Aminu last night, or paying up for both spots in a position where people are likely to punt one).

I hope ABC and Drum underperform, but I want Detroit to score 100+. Going Blake/Reggie/Kennard/Hill from that game.

• gaelicgirl

@ASitar said...

I hope ABC and Drum underperform, but I want Detroit to score 100+. Going Blake/Reggie/Kennard/Hill from that game.

Can’t imagine Drummond being that highly owned, but that might just be a matter of personal bias.

• Boogie_Grinder

Drummond seems to put up decent numbers despite little impact. But I would wager he will throw a dud in a do or die game. I’m gonna look elsewhere.

Feel the Drumm/Harden stacks take it tonight. Don’t have many but some. Have funny feeling “60 Boyga” for DRUMM! Who else? Feel Crowder is must-play at 4000 should be highest owned tonight.

• nickybarnes2369

@866 said...

Feel the Drumm/Harden stacks take it tonight. Don’t have many but some. Have funny feeling “60 Boyga” for DRUMM! Who else? Feel Crowder is must-play at 4000 should be highest owned tonight.

I agree I’m on Drummond. He’s been putting up solid lines and still has 20-20 upside, plus with Blake playing he has another person he can pass to out of post that can score.

Crowder has been terrible so far. Mins are low and production is low. He’s probably the sexiest 4K, but I think you can leverage the field if you pivot and look to find some higher mins/upside at that price.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).