NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -12 ) at Detroit ( 12 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -2.5 ) at Utah ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

Bucks vs Detroit will play out one of two ways. 1) Bucks blow them out of the water, Detroit quickly folds, or 2) Detroit puts out an intense effort, keeps the game close or even wins. If number 2 happens to occur, you will want to be heavy on Pistons and Bucks starters. If number one occurs, you probably only want the Bucks and Pistons benches. Unfortunately, I don’t have a feeling for which way it will go.

Crowder has been off yeah. Damn. Feel like the guy is key to UTH. Ingles too. I will have both!

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

It is a little – okay, a lot – boring, but now we don’t have to wade through all those useless and unfunny cat GIFs to get to fongster’s insightful slate analysis. Oh, wait…

So far my wins in the postseason have come in the 2-game slates. The trick is guessing which highly owned player underperforms (like Westbrick last night) and which pairing will go under owned (like Harkless and Aminu last night, or paying up for both spots in a position where people are likely to punt one).

Haha…on two game slates, I like to guess game scripts. Tonight I’m hoping the pistons play with some pride cause the entire starting 5 is pretty cheap, and if the game should, for some reason, not be a blowout, seems like the lower owned spot that could leave you like….

…or like

• NDNole

I guess nobody cares about sterling brown.

• Njsum1

@NDNole said...

I guess nobody cares about sterling brown.

Feels like he had his ceiling game, and it was just OK….maybe tonight he gets it done yet…

• tklonewolf

Any love for Royce O’Neale? FantasyDraft punt? So cheap, with solid minutes.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Bucks vs Detroit will play out one of two ways. 1) Bucks blow them out of the water, Detroit quickly folds, or 2) Detroit puts out an intense effort, keeps the game close or even wins. If number 2 happens to occur, you will want to be heavy on Pistons and Bucks starters. If number one occurs, you probably only want the Bucks and Pistons benches. Unfortunately, I don’t have a feeling for which way it will go.

Bummer, I was hoping you had a strong feeling on the game.

• miggs6876

I’m thinking the opposite and the Jazz with be going all out. I just don’t think Detroit can stay on the court with the Bucks.

• RatedDAL

@tmarohl said...

I actually think a third likely scenario exists where Bucks end up blowing them out so I hate that game entirely. Bucks by 10-12 pts the first half and put a 12-1 run on em a bit into the 3rd and Pistons completely cave at that point.

I wish I could find an affordable 8 man game stack for the night cap.

• klemi96

What about fading greek freak and going with middleton and bledsoe?

• Njsum1

@RatedDAL said...

I actually think a third likely scenario exists where Bucks end up blowing them out so I hate that game entirely. Bucks by 10-12 pts the first half and put a 12-1 run on em a bit into the 3rd and Pistons completely cave at that point.

This is the likely scenario and what most people are thinking. Yet it’s a 2 game slate, and since I don’t play cash, I’ll take the Bucks pistons game and hope the improbable happens and the game plays close.

My gut says, that the pistons don’t want to really play any more basketball after tonight and know they’re beat, so I don’t expect a good effort. Yet again, it’s a two game slate and more people will be heavier on the night game.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

Haha…on two game slates, I like to guess game scripts.

Yes, it was fairly easy to game script Westbrick last night in a must win game

so not feeling all Nostradamus about getting that one right. Now that we’re getting into elimination game territory of the first round, it will be interesting to see which teams fight tooth and nail to the bitter end, and which teams are ready to 1-2-3 Cancun!

• NDNole

Im going with favors becauseeven in limited minutes he is getting 20 points on DK. At his price many will probably be off him. At leastI hope so and everyone flocks to crowder. Favors could be the diffference maker if you can get some pieces withupside to fit with him. If he gets 30 I think he is in the winning lineup. Thats my take.

• Englishfireee

harden over giannis and Mitchell over Middleton. Fd thoughts?

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Yes, it was fairly easy to game script Westbrick last night in a must win game

so not feeling all Nostradamus about getting that one right. Now that we’re getting into elimination game territory of the first round, it will be interesting to see which teams fight tooth and nail to the bitter end, and which teams are ready to 1-2-3 Cancun!

I feel like Utah thinks they can still win the series, yet they can’t. So they’ll probably have the better effort.

I think the Pistons know they can’t win, and likely have the worse effort.

Yet I think most people will think that. So in cash I’d go heavier game 2, in GPP, I’d go heavier game 1.

• tmarohl

@RatedDAL said...

That is actually scenario 1.

• Agent47

I haven’t seen anything from the Pistons to make me think they have a great chance of keeping the game competitive to the end tonight. Milwaukee has crushed them in most of their games going back to the regular season. But, of course, I’ll still have a lineup or two stacking that game just in case I’m wrong and Detroit is able to keep it close to the end.

• BerkeleyBoss

@NDNole said...

Im going with favors becauseeven in limited minutes he is getting 20 points on DK. At his price many will probably be off him. At leastI hope so and everyone flocks to crowder. Favors could be the diffference maker if you can get some pieces withupside to fit with him. If he gets 30 I think he is in the winning lineup. Thats my take.

If he doesn’t start, I think he has a very tough time getting to 30. He’ll get like 15 backup C minutes in that case. He and Gobert didn’t share the court at all in Game 3. We’ll see if any news comes out about that for tonight.

• gaelicgirl

@tklonewolf said...

Any love for Royce O’Neale? FantasyDraft punt? So cheap, with solid minutes.

Snyder seems to run him out there when their scoring looks anemic or when Harden is abusing Rubio, could be worth a punt if either or both of those things happen tonight.
    I’m wondering if Gobert can repeat last game’s excellent defensive effort

and if Favors will be back in the starting LU.

• RatedDAL

@tmarohl said...

That is actually scenario 1.

Scenario 1 suggests a blowout throughout. I think Detroit gives enough effort or Milwaukee kind of sleep walks through some of the game but hits them with a run to officially seal it. Scenario 1 favors benches a lot more than the scenario I presented.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

I feel like Utah thinks they can still win the series, yet they can’t. So they’ll probably have the better effort.

Agree, so I’ll be heavier on this game even though I only play GPPs.

• ASitar

Interesting – Mil opened at -12 and 78% of the public $ is on Detroit and it went to -13. This could be done early (I’m hoping not as a Pistons fan) but that movement to me suggests that Mil blows the doors off and the public thinks they are getting DD points and that Det is due (and now getting another point!). This game has 103-82 written all over it. Hopefully my pieces from this game are safe and I’m wrong but we’ll see.

• tmarohl

Some observations
    1) Giannis typically comes back with dominant type performances when he has been held down the previous game.
    2) It is hard to beat a team 8 times in a row in the same season.
    3) Harden rarely has bad games back to back.

1 and 3 make me want to jam ABC and Harden in some lineups.

• P0key

@tmarohl said...

Some observations
    1) Giannis typically comes back with dominant type performances when he has been held down the previous game.
    2) It is hard to beat a team 8 times in a row in the same season.
    3) Harden rarely has bad games back to back.

1 and 3 make me want to jam ABC and Harden in some lineups.

Does Giannis or Harden care about the mvp race? Or does it not matter at all after regular season ended

• Boogie_Grinder

If you are rostering both ABC and Harden, you have to hit all of your other low $$$ players. If one of Harden and ABC busts, you are f’d.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).