Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3.5 ) at Indiana ( 3.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    3:30 PM EST : Houston ( 1.5 ) at Okla City ( -1.5 ) —- T: 224
    6:30 PM EST : Boston ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: 204
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2.5 ) at Utah ( -2.5 ) —- T: 198.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superstars92

Then again, I also remember when I was in MS and everyone in my area talked about how great a guy named Greg Oden was (supposedly a future HOFer) and how he also had a teammate named Mike Conley who tagged along with him on his HS team and just fed him the ball in the post. One of them became the highest paid NBA player and has a chance to upset the Spurs and puts up massive games in the playoffs against a great defensive team. It’s not the 60 year old guy.

• yorick

@superstars92 said...

It would have been interesting if DK’s late swap. If Hayward’s food poisoning would have been know like 5 mins before tip-off, and DK had the late swap, how many would swap Hayward out of SF to Joe Johnson or Joe Ingles, both of which are 3k cheaper? I don’t think many would because I think many still think a sick Hayward is better than both (also a lot of people don’t like seeing a 3k extra salary), but that’s actually where DK’s late swap is missed.

It isn’t even the late scratches. It’s the game theory aspect of it. Even if Hayward is playing, how do you evaluate a sick Hayward who’s playingand decide if you want to swap him to someone 3k cheaper, knowing Hayward would get like 30% ownership in the full slate and like 60% in the late slate.

It would certainly be nice to have the option to late swap in a so-called game of skill. Personally, I would have kept Hayward in a LU because of “flu-game” potential, but I generally would like to avoid having to roster sick players who try to play because what happened tonight is what usually happens. I know I’d have certainly hedged by swapping in Jingles/Johnson in the rest. I played 5 LUs tonight so I prob would have gone 1 GH, 2 Jingles and 2 JJ. I’d imagine many other players would do the same thing. Hayward certainly wouldn’t have been 40%+ owned with late swap tonight, even with the only swap options requiring you to leave $3k+ on the table.

• zline34

@superstars92 said...

Haha I actually played against Gordon Hayward in hs for tennis. He won’t remember me though, but I remember when he was arguably a better tennis player than basketball player.

i was better than him at both up until about 15. That’s what happens when you don’t grow after 9th grade though.

• RobertoTomba

Wow: low pay line on FanDuel: about 266 in the tournaments I was in

• billholler

@tmarohl said...

Congrats. I thought my Westbrook, CP3, Gerald Green lineups on FD would do something. They cashed but nothing special.

Late slate on DK, I made 72 lineups with 100% Paul, Gerald Green, Horford and Butler. Faded Hayward just because I knew he would be highly owned. Cashed 68 out of 72 including 2nd. Thought I had it locked up until Jingles hit those two 3s.

• superstars92

@yorick said...

It would certainly be nice to have the option to late swap in a so-called game of skill. Personally, I would have kept Hayward in a LU because of “flu-game” potential, but I generally would like to avoid having to roster sick players who try to play because what happened tonight is what usually happens. I know I’d have certainly hedged by swapping in Jingles/Johnson in the rest. I played 5 LUs tonight so I prob would have gone 1 GH, 2 Jingles and 2 JJ. I’d imagine many other players would do the same thing. Hayward certainly wouldn’t have been 40%+ owned with late swap tonight, even with the only swap options requiring you to leave $3k+ on the table.

Oh yea for me, I most likely would have stuck with all my Hayward exposure. I have this very bad tendency to not leave salary on the table (usually I never leave more than 500 on DK). Obviously, it would have been the wrong choice tonight, but that’s what I would have honestly done.

I might have actually then done some other cool things that late swap allowed and perhaps like swap out Luc Richard Mbah Moute and another player to fit JIngles/JJ at his SF spot and then downgrade the other player (maybe like Jordan to Favors at C). But as for Hayward, I most likely stick to him, definitely on my cash game team. Yea late swap allows for these cool things too than just preventing late scratches.

• billholler

@RobertoTomba said...

Wow: low pay line on FanDuel: about 266 in the tournaments I was in

253.25 was low cash in the Crazy 8s on DK.

• chronoxiong

Played Hayward = donations
    George Hill = busted
    Speights = blows as a starter. When does he ever do something as a starter?
    Ryan Anderson = Can never get this prick right unless he’s playing the Kings

Eff DFS! Seriously! I am not having fun playing this shit! It makes me feel miserable!!!!

• Lathum

@superstars92 said...

It’s not the 60 year old guy.

lol

• Sleepyfloyd16

Thanks to lucking into JJ and Hayward being out, I had a pretty good night. I was getting my ass kicked in the playoffs, but made it all back and then some. I wasn’t sure about the new FD pricing, but starting to like it more now.

• billholler

@chronoxiong said...

peights = blows as a starter. When does he ever do something as a starter?

Mo did what he always does except his shots weren’t falling. Think he was 0 for 5 on 3s in the 2nd half. Exceeds value if he makes 2 of them. If you watched the game, the Clips were much better with him on the floor because either Gobert or Favors had to stay out with him.

• RobertoTomba

@chronoxiong said...

Played Hayward = donations
    George Hill = busted
    Speights = blows as a starter. When does he ever do something as a starter?
    Ryan Anderson = Can never get this prick right unless he’s playing the Kings

Eff DFS! Seriously! I am not having fun playing this shit! It makes me feel miserable!!!!

Holy crap, did you copy my lineup?? LOL. Seriously, I didn’t have Hayward, but I did have the others.

It sounds like you hit the point where I was a few months ago. I took a break, and things of been good lately. You could take a break, too, but there’s not much of the postseason left.

• yorick

I was referring to FD with my late-swap theories, but yeah on DK you could open up so many more LU possibilities with late swap. The reasons against it never made sense to me, but I digress. On to burning money for tomorrow. We gonna get Superstar Giannis or meh Giannis tomorrow? Bonus points if you can guess which nights I’ve played him so far in the playoffs.

• TeamTwerk

The LA radio broadcasters were adamant that Chris Paul had 10 or 11 rebounds. Apparently they were both recording stats throughout the game.

• RobertoTomba

@TeamTwerk said...

The LA radio broadcasters were adamant that Chris Paul had 10 or 11 rebounds. Apparently they were both recording stats throughout the game.

Hmmm…they don’t have stat correction on FanDuel, do they? In league fantasy football, they’d correct the stats the next day sometimes.

• tonytone1908

@yorick said...

Would certainly suck for those that played Ingles and Johnson purposely because they didn’t like Hayward to begin with. So you’re looking for an excuse to feel better for making a bad play in the first place.

That’s why I stopped bothering with DK at all. People luck boxing into a better pick because their original one was terrible to begin with. How can you ever call that skill? That’s someone reading information that the majority of players were never privy too and fixing your mistake later. Picking the right play in the 1st place takes the skill. Even had Hayward played they were still better plays.

I say this even though I played Hayward too against my over and over again better judgement. Why would I expect him to repeat or even come close to a career game knowing they’re upgrading Gobert quickly because they probably knew there were concerns about Hayward much earlier in the day and of course we knew nothing about it. Unfortunate.

• TeamTwerk

@RobertoTomba said...

Hmmm…they don’t have stat correction on FanDuel, do they? In league fantasy football, they’d correct the stats the next day sometimes.

I’ve seen it done in basketball on DK within a short time, 15 minutes or so. I’ve never seen the next day. Not sure about fan duel

• yorick

@tonytone1908 said...

Would certainly suck for those that played Ingles and Johnson purposely because they didn’t like Hayward to begin with. So you’re looking for an excuse to feel better for making a bad play in the first place.

That’s why I stopped bothering with DK at all. People luck boxing into a better pick because their original one was terrible to begin with. How can you ever call that skill? That’s someone reading information that the majority of players were never privy too and fixing your mistake later. Picking the right play in the 1st place takes the skill. Even had Hayward played they were still better plays.

I say this even though I played Hayward too against my over and over again better judgement. Why would I expect him to repeat or even come close to a career game knowing they’re upgrading Gobert quickly because they probably knew there were concerns about Hayward much earlier in the day and of course we knew nothing about it. Unfortunate.

And you are still fooling yourself that this is a game of skill. How does anything in my post indicate that I’m making an excuse for a bad play? And tell me again how Hayward was such a bad play and Jingles/JJ were genius plays without the benefit of foresight? And then your very next line you complain about people “luck boxing into a better pick” jeez. Your post is all over the place.

If someone played Ingles/Johnson beforehand then props to them. They can call it skill, I will call it lucky because if Hayward plays healthy I don’t see either going for 30+ like they did. And I’d argue that it definitely sucks more for the 40% who are locked into a player when they’d rather change their play given updated information.

• damionismyname

I think at this point we know who the value plays are that work and the ones that are traps. Move along accordingly.

Ingles has been doing well all series. Usually cashed with him in. Definitely helped all UTH guys though that Hayward had to go out.

• RobertoTomba

@damionismyname said...

I think at this point we know who the value plays are that work and the ones that are traps. Move along accordingly.

I think you’re right, D.

I won’t trust the next super punt in their debut: show me something first…in the playoffs, I mean. It’s not like the regular season.

• DirkDigglerz

@RogueGrinder said...

Its the playoffs, he will give some effort.

Yah hahaha 11 fantasy point effort hahahahah

• jrgum3

I was in first in the NBA shot on FD after the first 3 games of the day but unfortunately I didn’t have anybody playing in the last game of the day and naturally I fell but at least I won $50. Still though I’m having some pretty good success in the playoffs playing on FD thanks to rotogrinders lineup builder. I just wish I covered all my bases and had a couple of late night hammers especially Joe Johnson and Joe Ingles.

• apollo34

Stinks that most of my nba dfs entries in the past couple weeks have been destroyed due to:
    A. Coaches playing the bottom of the team roster, and trying to build lineups with players like the Boban
    B. Late news after tip destroying my dfs lineups

• tonytone1908

@yorick said...

And you are still fooling yourself that this is a game of skill. How does anything in my post indicate that I’m making an excuse for a bad play? And tell me again how Hayward was such a bad play and Jingles/JJ were genius plays without the benefit of foresight? And then your very next line you complain about people “luck boxing into a better pick” jeez. Your post is all over the place.

If someone played Ingles/Johnson beforehand then props to them. They can call it skill, I will call it lucky because if Hayward plays healthy I don’t see either going for 30+ like they did. And I’d argue that it definitely sucks more for the 40% who are locked into a player when they’d rather change their play given updated information.

Dude you don’t even make sense. If you can’t tell, even in hindsight, what the better plays were, I feel bad for you. Expecting Hayward to repeat a career high game, which is what he needed, with Gobert possibly playing instead of pivoting is just dumb. I call it a luck box for someone with late swap because they’re now only on a good play because they played a bad one in the first place. If that player didn’t get scratched they would’ve still played that guy and when he sucked you’d have no one to blame but yourself. Picking the right player in the first place is skill. Playing the right guy only because you had no other options since your original play got scratched, is luck. Losing because someone else fell backward into the same, better pick you had in the first place would just piss me off. Maybe not you but it would for me.

If teams and their supposed beat writers supplied information properly in the first place, you wouldn’t even need late swap 99% of the time. You can’t tell me there wasn’t knowledge all day that Hayward had food poisoning and nobody mentioned it. These days of social media yet the NBA treats it’s info like it’s the CIA.

I also don’t see the difference between an after lock scratch and Rudy Gobert being hurt after 17 seconds. Let alone the possible 40 mins on the floor and 3 FP effort. Shit happens. It sucks. But I guess we’ll also never hear the hundreds of stories of people who had the winning lineup but late swapped them out for worse plays and lost out on thousands.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).