Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 11.5 ) at Toronto ( -11.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 8.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -8.5 ) —- T: 229.5
    9:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 5.5 ) at Denver ( -5.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Portland ( -3 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• zline34

You stick with your team and grind. You don’t go join a super squad. Not a Portland fan, but Dame is legend.

• SkateFiend

@BBWC_10 said...

If it were easy to fill the STAT SHEET why is he the only guy that averages a triple dbl the entire season. As far as your opinion on NBA its the same in NFL. Some random guy catches a tipped pass and goes 40yds for a TD and he outscores Julio Jones. Thats the way it is!! You can all bash RWB all night but NOBODY in the NBA hustles more. OKC lost because they didn’t manage the shot clock and committed 2 stupid fouls at the end.

I’m not really bashing him. He’s a good DFS player in the stud tier, but his production (compared to someone like Harden) is overly dependent on incidental stats. He was a mediocre shooter this season and he dragged down my season long teams.

But he’ll get his 50 points because he’ll run around for 35 minutes and grab rebounds and dish out 10 assists to players operating in a system that revolves around him and PG13. He has the physical gifts to play that way, to his credit.

That’s why NBA DFS is so hard, because it’s easy for counting stats to pile up and move the cash line further and further.

• captainwacky

I don’t get what any of you are implying about the ease of peripheral stats and their lack of value in real life and then their additional value to DFS. Can you not parse out the two, then? Play dudes who get lots of peripherals in DFS. The other point isn’t even valid— you think people are letting opponents get rebounds and dimes regularly in the NBA? Westbrook chases stats often, but it’s more a compliment to him that he’s even able to do so. Realistically (and ironically), points are the least valuable basic stat in basketball, despite them being the only thing that contributes to the thing that matters (the score).

This series was a brutal showing for Westbrook, and the him refusing evolution in his game is making him look terrible at this moment in time, but the lack of nuance in this thread discussing him is hilarious. He’s an incredible basketball player that is getting in his own way, but like…implying he’s not great overall is laughable.

• AVivier

I thought Westbrook played MVP basketball out there tonight and just lost. That was a fun game.

• captainwacky

@AVivier said...

I thought Westbrook played MVP basketball out there tonight and just lost. That was a fun game.

As much as I just came to his defense, his end game decision making is (and was) brutal. But mostly what we should take from this game is that Damian Lillard is a savage, and that was an incredible game/shot/finish.

• AVivier

TBH, I didn’t realize that Dame had that in him. That was fun.

• yisman

Rodney Hood is ****ing awful. Fell for that trap again. Less than 35 FP in the entire series. Amazing.

• NDNole

@captainwacky said...

I don’t get what any of you are implying about the ease of peripheral stats and their lack of value in real life and then their additional value to DFS. Can you not parse out the two, then? Play dudes who get lots of peripherals in DFS. The other point isn’t even valid— you think people are letting opponents get rebounds and dimes regularly in the NBA? Westbrook chases stats often, but it’s more a compliment to him that he’s even able to do so. Realistically (and ironically), points are the least valuable basic stat in basketball, despite them being the only thing that contributes to the thing that matters (the score).

This series was a brutal showing for Westbrook, and the him refusing evolution in his game is making him look terrible at this moment in time, but the lack of nuance in this thread discussing him is hilarious. He’s an incredible basketball player that is getting in his own way, but like…implying he’s not great overall is laughable.

Fact

• NoLimits0

@captainwacky said...

First I had 80% Westbrook and Dame so from a fantasy standpoint I don’t have an issue.

But to call Westbrook an incredible player is laughable. He clearly isn’t a top 25 player.

Donovan Mitchell and Ricky Rubio both could get 10 rebounds if they just told Gobert and Favors to do all the blocking out so they can swoop in and get the rebounds and if they just went for every missed FT rebound. They have like similar CONTESTED rebound rates (which is what matters), the difference is Westbrook grabs a ton more uncontested rebounds. You know why the Jazz players don’t do this? Because they play TEAM oriented basketball. Why does it matter if you get the rebound or I do if I know my team will get it. You can say “it’s to start a fast break”. Oh yea, how’s Westbrooks shooting on those “fast breaks”. Yea terrible. He would strictly be better off giving George the rebound if anything. This uncontested rebound thing is how inflated his stats are. Without it, Adams would be averaging like 14 rebounds a game and Westbrook probably 5.

Even a player like Mitchell is by far and away the way better player than Westbrook. Ever wonder why the Jazz beat them 4-2 last year (and shoulda been 4-1).

All I know is Westbrook has a top 10-15 player in George, a former starter who’s a decent 6th man in Schroder, a solid C in Adams who’s great at boxing out, and a decent energy guy in Grant and they easily lost 4-1 to a Blazers team missing Nurkic. Now if Westbrook was “so great” you really think they lose 4-1? No cause he isn’t great at all. Same thing last year against Jazz. And he had Andre Roberson previously too, who if you don’t know is an elite wing defender who should only be a positive since Westbrook clearly doesn’t play defense.

Heck he got owned by Harden two years ago when he had Oladipo and Harden didn’t even have CP3 yet in the first round. All of a sudden Oladipo leaves in the trade and he’s all NBA and Sabonis looks like a beast. Maybe cause they couldn’t get their “stats” with a ball hogger like Westbrook.

Westbrooks legacy will be about stats. I’ll rather take over 25 guys who want their legacy to be about winning. Like I said Westbrook is just a slightly better version of Steve Francis and Fat Lever.

There’s nothing “great” about him except he’s good at hustling when he can get his stats. Like on defense he only cares when he can get steals or grab the rebound. He could care this about closing out since that’ll get him no stats. And this is supported in all the stats like close out % and stuff or if you just watch the game but since those aren’t “box score” stats he doesn’t care.

All I know is he won’t win a championship as a #3 option. The only way he can win is if he’s on the bench as like a 7th option late in his career. I’m glad KD left. Now we all see why.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).