NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 192
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -7 ) at Portland ( 7 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

This Ibaka is goin nuts. Did not take of course. And D Carroll will be in winning GPP looks like. Fn guy.

• UGAdude

Random DeMarre Carroll 50 burger incoming?

No Ibaka No Cash. 29.3% wow.

• DC2380

I went 100% on ibaka. Damn I think wright would have been the better play

• Quadhole

@billholler said...

Snell I thought was a great play that day. He “went off” in the next game. I tried to talk everyone off the Delly ledge but somehow got talked into playing him in a few lineups.

Just a bit of advice, ignore it if you want. You are either here to learn from experienced players and join the conversations or just here to antagonize everyone. Many here will give out good advice and quite frankly, some are clueless but trying to learn. First you have to figure out which one is you. Then proceed with caution.

Your the man here,
    I wouldn’t justify his MIND

• superstars92

Oh yea I also pivoted some Powell to Carroll too (along with Tucker) knowing Carroll would be super low owned. But that was just for fun lol. No way Carroll will be in the winning lineup. I actually have a few Carroll/Serge only teams, but there is a 0% chance they will win anything. I was just having fun by playing Carroll due to the discussions we had last time, but he most likely won’t do anything for the rest of the game.

Also pay attention to Monroe. If he sucks vs the quicker Ibaka (when Raptors go small), he might not be seeing many minutes today or next game. Important here since there will be a next game too.

• GangstaCrunk

• Blogger of the Month

Yeah Demarre looking like a nice play. Just hit value ….

• nickelos85

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

Doh! Shouldn’t have moved away from Ibaka on DK…literally 4 spots I could have put him on…wound up too enticed by Green and Milsap in one and fitting in an extra PG on the other…oh well

I fit baka, green, and millsap in a couple lu’s that seemed pretty decent.

Well my night’s shot now. NO Powell or Ibaka. Lots of Milw ppl. DEAD. Later guys have fun

• lloydjv1

@866 said...

This Ibaka is goin nuts. Did not take of course. And D Carroll will be in winning GPP looks like. Fn guy.

First time I have rostered Carroll in months. Glad he is doing well. Hope he gets us 25 at least. Was one of my punts.

• superstars92

No there is no way Carroll is going to be in the winning lineup on DK. If he is, I’ll be absolutely amazed. The most likely route is some like Serge + Powell lineup with 6 other guys. If he is, I apologize, but I can’t see it (and this is coming from someone who has some Carroll with Serge). He literally can get 5 FP the rest of the game.

• Manyak

Ay carroll / ibaka / Powell stack with milsap, curry, green, west, mcculum

• Dfspacman

Too bad I have the Greek queen in 1/3 lineups, Ibaka 1/3 as well, was scared of foul trouble

• RobertoTomba

My only exposure to Milwaukee-Toronto is Beezer and Powell. That’s already $4900 (FD) well-spent.

• nickelos85

@RobertoTomba said...

My only exposure to Milwaukee-Toronto is Beezer and Powell. That’s already $4900 (FD) well-spent.

My main LU has monroe, ibaka, and powell in a stack. Looking decent so far. On DK though.

• superstars92

Well Monroe’s done for this half. Will be interesting if he plays half of the third and the entire fourth next half.

• superstars92

Monroe actually isn’t that good of a player. He’s a good fantasy player, but not a good player. His defense is atrocious. It’s like Enes Kanter. He’s a good FP player (per minute stats are amazing), but he’s so bad at defense I don’t think you can afford to really play him that much.

• lbowen1233

@superstars92 said...

Monroe actually isn’t that good of a player. He’s a good fantasy player, but not a good player. His defense is atrocious. It’s like Enes Kanter. He’s a good FP player (per minute stats are amazing), but he’s so bad at defense I don’t think you can afford to really play him that much.

I try not to play those two

• bigkino217

hmm is powell gonna get any 2nd quarter run?

• superstars92

Also I don’t understand why Kyle Lowry always isn’t good in the playoffs. Is this just a mental thing? He clearly is the Raptors best player. Yes, DeRozan is a very good mid range scorer and gets to the line, but Lowry is really the engine that drives everything. His peripheral stats are also much better than DeRozan’s. He’s doing well today, but I don’t understand why he can’t be aggressive every game.

It must be a mental thing. He looks like too nice of a guy. Also, I guess even back in college he was like the 3rd option, so he never really was the star of a team. He went from a 3rd option in college to being an NBA All Star after starting his career bouncing around teams. Maybe he should realize he’s actually good rather than some underdog who’s just blessed to be here.

• P0key

i didnt know what to do with Ibaka only had him in one LU but faded…I have Carroll luckily he was sacrifice that paid out

• superstars92

@lbowen1233 said...

I try not to play those two

Oh I meant like “afford to play him that much” from a coach’s perspective. For fantasy, I think he’s fine. When he gets the mins, he can really produce fantasy points (points + rebounds). It’s just that in real basketball, you kind of have to switch on defense and be able to stay with your man, and he’s so slow and clumsy (like Kanter) it’s very difficult for him to do that.

• bigkino217

@superstars92 said...

Oh I meant like “afford to play him that much” from a coach’s perspective. For fantasy, I think he’s fine. When he gets the mins, he can really produce fantasy points (points + rebounds). It’s just that in real basketball, you kind of have to switch on defense and be able to stay with your man, and he’s so slow and clumsy (like Kanter) it’s very difficult for him to do that.

he’s fine for fantasy when he’s in, but it’s a big reason why he (and kanter) doesn’t play 30+ mins. kanter is a much worse defender IMO though. he’s like all-time bad. monroe is just like below average

• superstars92

Also dang, Thon Maker is quietly actually having a very decent game. He’s really doing well, and he’s way more mobile than Monroe. He definitely will be their future SF/C lol. While Giannis their future PG/SF. Middleton SG/PF. Dang their team is so long and fast all their guys can play so many positions.

• superstars92

Ok also looks like I can throw away all my Tucker pivot teams. -EV play, and I get my -EV results.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).